Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I went Aeon this playthrough - I usually end up as Lawful Neutral in most "alignment tests". So, going around as Judge "I AM THE LAW!" Dredd is pretty badass.

That said, I think I'll do devil on my next playthrough. I thought about Lich, but I've never been a fan of undead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I'd imagine at this point most folks have probably gotten pretty close or already finished their first playthrough.

What's the overall consensus of what's the most fun mythic path, or the ones to avoid?

I'm still not done with act 3 and I've been going Angel for now but will probably try to switch to legend when the opportunity arises.

I think my next playthrough would be lich or aeon.
Did a two-handed vital strike trickster. Very simple, but pretty fun combat wise, can cheese most melee when you feel like it by making everything kill themselves by triggering attacks of opportunity on you.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Angel Oracle (Battle w/ reach wep) for the first half the game. At around level 10, I respeced to caster Angel Cleric with a mount when I saw the Angel nuke was hitting everything for 200+. Angel is rather tedious with the buffs, but the party/pets were crazy strong as long as they didn't get dispelled (they'd die from stepping on a rock w/o buffs).

Angel Cleric/Oracle looses too much (caster level of 40) to go Legend/Gold Dragon, so just stayed Angel all the way.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went Aeon this playthrough - I usually end up as Lawful Neutral in most "alignment tests". So, going around as Judge "I AM THE LAW!" Dredd is pretty badass.

That said, I think I'll do devil on my next playthrough. I thought about Lich, but I've never been a fan of undead.

I am going full evil. I've been stuck with nenio as a buff bitch and daeran as a healer. Next run I'm murdering the fuck out of them so fast.

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm just running traditional Monk. Party members are typically Lann the murder machine, black paladin lady, Nineo, thief trickster guy, and succubus lady.

I've been to Auto leveling them most of the time and you can really tell just how bad the game is with the choices it wants to make. I need to sit down and use toy box to just strip them, and build them properly. I think that's one of the reasons I had such a hard time with Blackwater. Trying to work your way through that with subpar builds was a royal pain in the ass.

I guess one of the most annoying things is getting all kinds of crazy magic weapons and nobody can use most of them. I think I have more crazy glaives than anything else, and I don't really want black cleric man in my party. Always seems I end up just shelving most of my companions in games like this, unless you got to pull them out to do a specific quest.

• 1Like

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Lich with a combined spellbook class is absolutely, totally nuts. I'm in late Act 5 finally, and I just blow shit up with my 20 wiz/Mythic 9 Lich. Most major bosses don't last more than 3 rounds in turn-based mode when I'm hitting for 450+ on a cast of Negative Eruption.

My companions are basically just cheerleaders now, with the exceptions of Arueshalae and Kestoglyr. Kestoglyr is surprisingly great- a late game Lich-only companion you get to customize almost from the ground up (he starts with 3 levels of fighter, dual-wield scimitars). He has very little dialogue/special interactions with anything, but - after I turned him into a 10 Primalist Bloodrager/6 Fighter/4 Dragon Disciple build I found - I stopped caring. Who needs to talk when he's throwing out 13 attacks (plus making them shaken and flat-footed) on every charge?

Also: if you're playing as a Lich, the Repurpose/Flay for Purpose spells are "I win" buttons for much of Act 4-5. This is really true in the demon city, where you can Repurpose powerful demons and, after you kill them, they become a near-permanent summoned pet in that part of the city. Balors are especially good for this, as they're very tanky and don't have much in the way of good loot (usually just a +1 longsword), so you don't miss out by Repurposing them. By the end of Act 4, I had 3-5 high level demons waiting to follow me in all 3 tiers of the city, so any encounters ended very quickly in my favor.

• 2Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd imagine at this point most folks have probably gotten pretty close or already finished their first playthrough.

What's the overall consensus of what's the most fun mythic path, or the ones to avoid?

I'm still not done with act 3 and I've been going Angel for now but will probably try to switch to legend when the opportunity arises.

I think my next playthrough would be lich or aeon.

Trickster is pretty op lately game, starts slow though. I'm not a fan of the story with trickster. Gonna do an angel oracle lawful good and just smoke every demon I come across next playthrough.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Azata is pretty damn powerful because of the "everyone gets the teamwork feats I pick" ability, and the one where people stay standing at negative hps until a certain number of attacks happen. Nothing like that paladin chick getting smacked down, but since she can't die they keep attacking her because they think she's still "alive".

Getting a free super-awesome dragon companion is pretty good too. But putting outflank and other teamwork feats on everyone can sometimes generate spectacular attack of opportunity fests.

Lots of pretty decent summons too.

Pretty hippy dippy nature bullshit bent, but you can't have everything!

• 2Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Lich with a combined spellbook class is absolutely, totally nuts. I'm in late Act 5 finally, and I just blow shit up with my 20 wiz/Mythic 9 Lich. Most major bosses don't last more than 3 rounds in turn-based mode when I'm hitting for 450+ on a cast of Negative Eruption.

My companions are basically just cheerleaders now, with the exceptions of Arueshalae and Kestoglyr. Kestoglyr is surprisingly great- a late game Lich-only companion you get to customize almost from the ground up (he starts with 3 levels of fighter, dual-wield scimitars). He has very little dialogue/special interactions with anything, but - after I turned him into a 10 Primalist Bloodrager/6 Fighter/4 Dragon Disciple build I found - I stopped caring. Who needs to talk when he's throwing out 13 attacks (plus making them shaken and flat-footed) on every charge?

Also: if you're playing as a Lich, the Repurpose/Flay for Purpose spells are "I win" buttons for much of Act 4-5. This is really true in the demon city, where you can Repurpose powerful demons and, after you kill them, they become a near-permanent summoned pet in that part of the city. Balors are especially good for this, as they're very tanky and don't have much in the way of good loot (usually just a +1 longsword), so you don't miss out by Repurposing them. By the end of Act 4, I had 3-5 high level demons waiting to follow me in all 3 tiers of the city, so any encounters ended very quickly in my favor.

Doing my second play through as a Lich right now. Was finishing Midnight Fane after reading this and I did the repurpose on Playful Darkness. I put haste on it then ran everyone out of the room at the last boss and just watched it solo everything.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm stuck at the end due to a fucking bug. I fought my way through the first part of Threshold, then there's that part where the outside people fight. It would randomly just stop on someone (enemy or npc or character, random each time) and not proceed to the next initiative (in turn-based) even if I let it sit there. The only way I could progress was putting it on RTWP, but if I went back to turn-based, it would lock again. Since I haven't played a second of the game on anything but turn-based, and these are characters I literally haven't played more than a couple times at best (Nenio never), I don't have any clue how I should be controlling them in RT. I finally made it through that on turn-based without it bugging and got back to the inside stuff. Started acting up again in the Deskari fight. Finally made it through that, then did the same shit with Areelu. Can't get through that one no matter how many times I try, likely because of the break in the middle of the fight for dialogue. I'm about at the point where I'm just going to set the difficulty to absolute minimum and let my part steamroll in RT.

Have not had a single second of bugginess for turn-based up to this point either. Really fucking annoying, as I know I have to be practically done. Been trying it off and on for the last week, hoping that a minor patch might fix it or the stars aligning or something.

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I'm finally able to get back to playing this. I just hit level 8 and got tasked with going after the Giants slinging alchemy-bombs, but I seem to have lost access to Woljif.

Is that a normal, unavoidable situation? I feel I missed something.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So, I'm finally able to get back to playing this. I just hit level 8 and got tasked with going after the Giants slinging alchemy-bombs, but I seem to have lost access to Woljif.

Is that a normal, unavoidable situation? I feel I missed something.
I think it's normal. He bounces during the gargoyle attack, but it's just part of the story I think.

There might be something you can do to prevent that but he wasn't there for my attack on Drezen during my playthrough.

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's normal. He bounces during the gargoyle attack, but it's just part of the story I think.

There might be something you can do to prevent that but he wasn't there for my attack on Drezen during my playthrough.
I didn't want to Google it for fear of spoilers, but I did look a little bit and I think you're right. Him leaving is part of his arc, but he'll be back.

It makes me feel better because I was leaning heavily on him for damage.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I didn't want to Google it for fear of spoilers, but I did look a little bit and I think you're right. Him leaving is part of his arc, but he'll be back.

It makes me feel better because I was leaning heavily on him for damage.

I do the same. Of course, now Ember's becoming a really good party member, and now she's gone. I won't say what happened, but fml.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I am definitely in A4 now. Can see what people saying when you get there but its still mad good.

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Spoilering just so it doesn't come off like I'm trying to shit in anyone's cereal that hasn't finished yet. So I beat the game today. It wasn't what I was expecting. After playing through and feeling like there was something around every corner, the ending just kind of ...happened. There wasn't a whole lot to it. The last fight was a joke and the epilogue slides were just kind of OK. Then it dumped me back to the Continue / Load Game screen. I was like wait, that was it?? I have seen mention of an alternate ending but I figured there would be something else to do afterwards (besides just rerolling and starting over). I get the philosophy that its about the journey and not the destination, but it was just a bit too abrupt for me. Was still fun though having never played a game like this before.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
unknown-53.png

1635714658102.png

Second spirit mythic got me here, chose stone.

Yes I have it on normal and didn't evil eye or have piercing rays on target.

If you were here earlier in the thread, you know what I was up to. She got 110 speed with winds of vengeance.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Finished this as a lawful good angel play through. Got everything I wanted out of the ending and loved it.

Playing through again as a Lich. Its pretty different and fun. Ciar for example hates my guts.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users