Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
there's a cap on how many units you can recruit every... week? few days? i don't know. you can recruit some cheap units that refresh every few days or week or whatever, and you can also recruit mercenaries, but those are more expensive. the benefit is that if you have the money you can bolster your forces quickly, but again, you'll need to wait a certain amount of time for that to reset again

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
there's a cap on how many units you can recruit every... week? few days? i don't know. you can recruit some cheap units that refresh every few days or week or whatever, and you can also recruit mercenaries, but those are more expensive. the benefit is that if you have the money you can bolster your forces quickly, but again, you'll need to wait a certain amount of time for that to reset again
That makes sense. I built an army then ran around conquering a bunch of stuff so its only been a few days. That is probably whats going on.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If the demon army has a general, its way harder than one for its usual level. Even a 2-5 early with a general is way harder than the rest with the same number.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Recruiting is refreshed once every 7 days. Also, according to what little I could find on reddit/steam, the generals differ greatly in terms of power.

The one linked below is purportedly the best (lucked out on him on my first play through (before I read about armies)). In the last chapter he was decimating entire armies of equal level with a single firestorm and only armies 2+ over him were a challenge (because they would one shot my archers). Outside of the spells I listed in the spoiler, "Master of Maneuvers" is probably the best option, when ever it shows up, followed by spell power for the general.

You can reroll the recruit general option by closing the window w/o hiring anyone.

He gets heal early (works on undead) and starts with Master of Maneuver and Scorching ray. I only used 5 spells the entire game (more than one time), I think: Scorch Ray, Shield of Faith (early game), Heal (every fight), Fireball, and Firestorm.

20210928020742_1.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Yep thats the best one, him starting with scorching ray helps a lot at lower levels

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Does this game stall out in the mid to late game like the last one did? I liked the previous one at first, but it just fucking dragged to much after the barbarian part.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If the demon army has a general, its way harder than one for its usual level. Even a 2-5 early with a general is way harder than the rest with the same number.
Okay that makes sense and seems to be why I am having trouble . Their general was taking out dozens of troops a turn.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Having a General that can heal is huge. So long as a stack has not been wiped out you can pump cheap heals into it and bring it back up.

I essentially have one army with a caster general and two stacks of archers that is my go-to assault force that never suffers any casualties. It's especially fun to open with a fireball / archer / archer combo at the start and annihilate most of the opposing force.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Legend build at the end that's pretty ridiculous. The hardest part is probably surviving that long.

20 Overwhelming Mage, 16 Vivisectionist, 2 Paladin, 1 Scaled Fist, 1 Enlightened Philosopher.

146 AC and all saves are over +90. DC 65+ on Illusion spells cast.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I hope you guys are happy. Ain't no one going to want to play some tabletop Pathfinder where the game opens with everyone as level one mud farmers kicking back in the town's only bar as a stranger comes in and offers work for some strong hands or the lumber mill is besieged by goblins and your starting equipment is a club and a torn pair of pants. We're trying to do some Hero of a Thousand Faces shit up in here with a call to adventure and ya'll accustomed to being level fucking FORTY.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I hope you guys are happy. Ain't no one going to want to play some tabletop Pathfinder where the game opens with everyone as level one mud farmers kicking back in the town's only bar as a stranger comes in and offers work for some strong hands or the lumber mill is besieged by goblins and your starting equipment is a club and a torn pair of pants. We're trying to do some Hero of a Thousand Faces shit up in here with a call to adventure and ya'll accustomed to being level fucking FORTY.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Well, does something else really need to have the masses and min maxing types brought into it? I think I got what he's saying

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Legend build at the end that's pretty ridiculous. The hardest part is probably surviving that long.

20 Overwhelming Mage, 16 Vivisectionist, 2 Paladin, 1 Scaled Fist, 1 Enlightened Philosopher.

How the fuck are those stats even possible??

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Goddamn do I love crazy shit like this. Theorycrafting PF builds used to be one of my favorite things. GM used to get pissed, saying that I wasn't getting into the "spirit of roleplay" and just wanted to exploit rules - what a fuckin' nerd.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Goddamn do I love crazy shit like this. Theorycrafting PF builds used to be one of my favorite things. GM used to get pissed, saying that I wasn't getting into the "spirit of roleplay" and just wanted to exploit rules - what a fuckin' nerd.
I loved it but I hated it also since I DM'd a lot. Thankfully my players were usually reasonable and kept it in check.

But you'll love this (spoiler for length):

[Pathfinder] The Singularity Sorcerer - Destroying the Multiverse with Technically Finite Damage

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I loved it but I hated it also since I DM'd a lot. Thankfully my players were usually reasonable and kept it in check.

But you'll love this:

[Pathfinder] The Singularity Sorcerer - Destroying the Multiverse with Technically Finite Damage
As soon as I saw Simulacrums I knew it was gonna be busted. Pretty lulzy build though.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
How the fuck are those stats even possible??
It's level 40. The whole thing is basically a curiosity, since you only enable going over 20 by picking the legend mythic path when you're already done with 90% of the game. He's also definitely turned off shared XP so he gets 6x XP while soloing the game, meaning you hit level 20 shortly after starting act 3.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can we get a roundup of the most common OP tank cheese for preferably minimal investment? From what I've seen:

- Lich Mythic Path for the DR and immunities
- no armor (unless doing a mega-DR tank)
- Cross Blooded Sorcerer 1 level - gets two level 20 Mythic Bloodline Ascensions, usually Undead and Fire, gives DR and many immunities
- Monk Scaled Fist 1, with Witch 1 - gets you Charisma (instead of Dex) to AC, but twice
- stacking Paladin on top of Scaled Fist/Witch for Chr to all Saves (how much investment in Paladin does that take?)
- Mythic Mage Armor (it is self only I believe no way around that(?))
- Crane Line up to Crane Riposte, which gives +9 AC in defensive stance while only giving -1 to hit, works with Shields and Heavy armor btw (this does not show on your character, must observe in the combat log)

^ Usually its a few of the above with the rest of the levels in a high BAB melee class.

Any more that don't take much investment but give mega tanking ability? AFAIK you cannot make a tank that comes close to decent AC without taking a few of the above and going no armor.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Any more that don't take much investment but give mega tanking ability? AFAIK you cannot make a tank that comes close to decent AC without taking a few of the above and going no armor.

Depends on difficulty and what you've got in the party to buff with. Heavy armor does get the shaft something fierce though, it really should come with innate DR or something like that.

If you are not the 'slowly creep up in stealth til you see mobs then spend 5 minutes buffing, save then attack' type, I suppose heavy armor saves you a lot of micromanagement.