Playstation Plus+

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Oh wow! Awesome June update! Glad I didn't buy Trine2 when I was. Haven't played any of those game yet.

Edit: Damn, just noticed guacamelee is gone :-(

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems they kept changing the preview thing or something, the list on neogaf I checked earlier this week was also different than the one linked here, it had Dragon's Crown on vita. Maybe they changed their minds don't know how this shit works.
Dragon's Crown is still on Vita in EU, that's the US list.

apparently no more yearly titles
Yearly titles will be announced at E3, same as always.

Vorph

Well, that sucks if true for US as well. Hope Sony didn't just decide that MS wasn't even going to try to compete with Plus, so why bother to make it a great deal anymore when they basically force PS4 owners to buy it.

spronk

FPS noob
isn't the change actually better? Its going to be 2 games per platform every month, rotating. Whereas now the same game stays up forever. No matter what if you add the game in that month its yours forever (well as long as you stay subbed to PS+), so basically you'll get guaranteed 24*3 games per month (all platforms) vs the lot-fewer in the past

unless i am missing something

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
isn't the change actually better? Its going to be 2 games per platform every month, rotating. Whereas now the same game stays up forever. No matter what if you add the game in that month its yours forever (well as long as you stay subbed to PS+), so basically you'll get guaranteed 24*3 games per month (all platforms) vs the lot-fewer in the past

unless i am missing something
Yeah, I like the change. 6 new games every month and they only stick around for a month(which doesn't matter as long as you "buy" them in the month they are active).

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'm with you spronk. It's sounds like a better deal to me. Isn't more chances for more games?

Vorph

Er, monthly was generally 1 PS4, 3 PS3, 2 Vita before this. All that's changing is the PS4/PS3 split, which isn't a bonus so much as an inevitable shift. The removal of the yearly games is just a net loss across the board.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
As an owner of all three platforms - 72 free games a year for $50 is still an unrivaled value. Plus the fact that all the guesswork is gone now that they all release consistently the same day every month. I don't think I'm going to miss the yearly titles at all.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As an owner of all three platforms - 72 free games a year for $50 is still an unrivaled value. Plus the fact that all the guesswork is gone now that they all release consistently the same day every month. I don't think I'm going to miss the yearly titles at all.
yeah I am going to buy a PS3 again for that very reason plus there isnt shit on PS4 and I prefer to keep my PC games FPS or MMOs.

Vaclav

Word - Terraria Vita and Trine 2 were on my eventual buy list, so that's $25-30 saved right there alone on the $2-3/mo I paid for my PS+. (I did it during a pay for 12 get 6 months free promo with some 12 month card discount I'd done stacked with it - forget how cheap it was, I think like $40 though, nothing nuts)

And nice to only have to worry about checking PS+ once a month rather than every damn week - sometimes making sure to flag them feels tedious with the old 1-2 games a week method. Plus always that rare worry of "Are they only keeping this one up 5-6 weeks?" when I feel like slacking on one of our accounts. (Wife keeps her own)

Vorph - keep in mind minus yearly games might mean something of potentially greater value like more discounts on current stuff might be in the pipe. Perhaps they were testing the waters with that and the Wolfenstein P/O pricing last month? We all know that the game companies want people to shift to digital ideally so that they can kill used games/rentals - but that its going to have to be voluntary, like Steam ended up doing to PC - by creating such value that people chose to migrate rather than being forced to. I'd absolutely love to buy every game digital personally just from a convenience standpoint but with no price advantage it's often better to buy new instead (for the opportunity to recoup value on trade-in for anything I'm not going to keep eternally) - give me something where I'm getting new for $40-45 and I'll probably buy everything digital and never be able to trade stuff in, probably.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The last few months of PS+ have not done anything for me. I let my account lapse about 3 months ago and while I still have some PS+ games to play, I don't want to resub just to play them unless the new games are worth it... I was really excited for farcry but oh well. Guess we'll wait another month

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm not up much on my ps3 games since i only bought a used one recently but friends say the games i should get at target this week are

RDR
ni no kuni
infamous collection
uncharted collection
uncharted 3 (but i think this is still part of PS+)
sonic genesis collection
killzone trilogy (but I fucking HATED killzone shadow falls so will be skipping this)

those are the ps3 exclusives i cant play on PC (fc3, ac3, etc). most have good trade in values so after you finish you can trade them into gc/amazon/bb for basically what you paid.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like you have a great list there. I'd leave off killzone also. IMO, killzone doesn't compare to the rest of that list.

I guess it's time for me to pick up ni no kuni.

Vorph

Ni no Kuni doesn't compare to the rest either. If you want a good JRPG, go find a copy of Resonance of Fate. It's not on that Target list, but it's fairly cheap now anyway.

And yeah, Uncharted 3 is still part of PS+ but not for much longer so you'd better grab it soon.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Good list you got there. I second leaving off Killzone; you're not really missing much. If you're not restricting it to the sale at target, and don't have a ps4, you should look into picking up the Last of Us also.