Preacher

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'm still holding out hope they bring back badass cassidy, like he was in first episode and how I remember him from comics (been over a decade, though).
Maybe the producers/test groups didn't like jesse, tulip AND cassidy all being bad asses? idk, but the three of them kicking ass and taking names was sort of the whole point as far as I remember.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Absolutely loving this season so far. The soul bank heist. Jesse escaping the coffin. The rival voodoo groups. Cassidy discovering more vampires. Fantastic.

• 2Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
That new vampire is suspiciously OP. I'm going to guess that he's powering up with soul thievery like everybody else on this show.

Cybsled

Ya, there will be some type of catch to the vampire thing that Cassidy won't be willing to do. Either that or there is no catch and before he can really teach his secrets to Cassidy, Grail ruins everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Given that this may or may not be following anything from the comics outside of names, I think this is probably the vamp that was leading the group in New Orleans. Whether that means he'll get the same ending is anyone's guess.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Religion's secret weapon: Science

fucking lol, this show is amazing

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is probably my favorite show on TV right now.

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Holy shit this last episode was probably the best of the series. Why is no one watching this!?

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Holy shit this last episode was probably the best of the series. Why is no one watching this!?

I really don't know. Maybe people think it's too weird or it's a horror show or something? No one I personally know is watching this show and I think it's one of the best on television right now. Really hope it doesn't get the axe.

• 3Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
This adaptation is fucking garbage. Seth Rogen and his SJW shit should never have been involved.

Just put it out of its misery.

• 3Picard
  • 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This adaptation is fucking garbage. Seth Rogen and his SJW shit should never have been involved.

Just put it out of its misery.
I've never read the comic, but what do you think is SJW about the show that wasn't in the comic?

• 3Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I've never read the comic, but what do you think is SJW about the show that wasn't in the comic?

I think a lot of people on this forum are just starting to look for a reason to call anything SJW. regardless of how baseless it is.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
I think a lot of people on this forum are just starting to look for a reason to call anything SJW. regardless of how baseless it is.

Nah, this one is waaaay further off the reservation than other recent adaptations like American Gods, which also went SJW with the gay ifrit scene and the Bilquis orgies----but noone complains about that because the show is GREAT and it doesn't suffer from it. I doubt you'd hear much complaining about that.

But the showrunners just got lazy with Preacher. At first I thought casting a black chick for Tulip would be cool, especially since the actress is Jesse's RL girlfriend and they'd work well together. But they just expanded her presence from the books and the show suffers from it. The rednecks Custer encounters in the show are also waaaaay less sympathetic than they were in the books.

Plus Jesse on the show is more one-sided than book-custer, who meted out his disdain equally on vicious meat-factory-owners, obese cardinals, faggy liberals and obnoxious goth vampires. In the show it's almost entirely redneck-stomping and transparent anti-religiosity. The books were a CRITIQUE of contemporary culture, the show is hollow spectacle.

I suppose the good news is that they didn't try to adapt Transmetropolitan instead.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Nah, this one is waaaay further off the reservation than other recent adaptations like American Gods, which also went SJW with the gay ifrit scene and the Bilquis orgies----but noone complains about that because the show is GREAT and it doesn't suffer from it. I doubt you'd hear much complaining about that.

But the showrunners just got lazy with Preacher. At first I thought casting a black chick for Tulip would be cool, especially since the actress is Jesse's RL girlfriend and they'd work well together. But they just expanded her presence from the books and the show suffers from it. The rednecks Custer encounters in the show are also waaaaay less sympathetic than they were in the books.

Plus Jesse on the show is waaay more one-sided than book-custer, who meted out his disdain on vicious industrialists and obnoxious goth vampires equally. In the show it's almost entirely redneck-stomping and transparent anti-religiosity. The books were a CRITIQUE of contemporary culture, the show is hollow spectacle.

I suppose the good news is that they didn't try to adapt Transmetropolitan instead.

I haven't read the original material, and while the arguments you made I think have a good base, I don't see how they're SJW is all. She's still minor compared to everyone else. Seems like the show even flat out says it with god mentioning he relies on her fucking up. Seems the opposite of SJW. I feel an SJW would be pissed at that line. Since to the hardcore bluehairs, women/trans/whatever can do no wrong and are superior.

But for a TV show, among what's available right now, this is still much better and more entertaining than most other options. Lately I feel I can only rely on this, Better Call Saul and GoT for being decent TV. The rest are meh. edit: I enjoy American Gods too, since you mentioned it.

• 1Like