Pruning the Politics thread for massive improvements, An experiment. (long read)

Implement the final solution by a skeleton

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So larping. There is zero reason to ban potatoes, raft legumers and communists, who spam the thread far less

Agree. All of my previous posts in this thread are in line with that.

Ban no one, ignore people you think are potatoes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh dont try back pedaling now, this was a personal attack on my contributions to the community. You can't un-ring that bell SIR!

HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US

Edit: GD phone and beer

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
jijpavwq_1j5ny6z_r12nbe.png

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Agree. All of my previous posts in this thread are in line with that.

Ban no one, ignore people you think are potatoes.

Doesnt work, The potatoes post isn't the issue, It's the never ending carnival of retards trying to make jokes at their expense or falling for their bait.

if Ignore removed any post that quoted the potato then it would work, Or warning people who constantly fall for potato posting but it's time consuming and diffacult to manage.

Removing the roots would fix this.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
In all candor, I read the pol thread to get the news of the day. And I drop in bits of news I find interesting not yet added. I could care less about the debate portion because politics it is out of the hands of citizens once you cast your vote (for the most part). Watching the same tards getting dunked on by the Harlem Globetrotters was educational the first 2-3X it happened but the idiot squad only wants to cover the exact same ground ad nauseum to farm salt. Politics is a spectators sport for the most part. Trying to argue it seems hilariously futile.

And yeah I am very aware I dump a lot of twitter links into the thread, but that is where news in aggregated in 2018, so fucking sue me.

• 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I mean here lets break down the posters you mentioned.

Xequecal Xequecal hates America
Tolan Tolan thinks Barney Sanders is Jesus and wants free shit so we can be like "other countries" which are all make believe.
Lendarios Lendarios is just a brown from Cuba
Screamfeeder Screamfeeder is just a Hollywood Jew Fag

Their content does suck but banning and ignoring is for queers and pussies.

Also if a forum thread moves to fast for people maybe stop being a fucking grandpa and learn to read faster, chug a red bull, or just do what we pro's do and skim that shit. Then post some grade A quality shit like our WHITE slave owning founding toxic masculinity FATHERS would have wanted.

9vb74md.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
Meaningful like helping the development of the Ebola vaccine, and TIS, or producing all the diagnostics used in west africa?
Per usual, to what private organization is the DOD planning to gift the rights of the vaccine?

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I have been. The fact that you're not aware of how many posts I've had to move there is proof that I'm doing a good job.
I have issue that any were moved at all.
In roughly 103,740 posts made to politics since the meme thread was created on Aug 11th 2017, 1913 posts have been made in the meme thread. The majority of which was directly posted by users and/or responded to within that thread. So even if a 25% were "moved" there then roughly .004% has been saved from the spam that is politics.
I agree with the thread being made. I don't agree with moderation of politics in the guise of "doing something" using that thread as an example. It is so insignificant that is simply a carrot to say something was done, much like changing a facebook flair or name in the hopes of saving the next Harambe.

So in short. Leave Harambe alone. Taking action at the same percentage as transgenders in the world only encourages the rise of more Nazis.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Doesnt work, The potatoes post isn't the issue, It's the never ending carnival of retards trying to make jokes at their expense or falling for their bait.

if Ignore removed any post that quoted the potato then it would work, Or warning people who constantly fall for potato posting but it's time consuming and diffacult to manage.

Removing the roots would fix this.

What would fix it is more of you whiners putting them on ignore or just NOT TAKING THE FUCKING BAIT EVERY GODDAMN TIME. We see tons of posts about exactly what type of posters these 'bad apples' are yet the same people just respond over and over. When do the responders become part of your problem?

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Also some of you guys also have taken a style where you direct mention me on something, then you don't expect me to comment?

Like WTF, you can just say Lend if you dont want me to comment on something, but to do a full mention and dont expect a coment is just retarded.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
What would fix it is more of you whiners putting them on ignore or just NOT TAKING THE FUCKING BAIT EVERY GODDAMN TIME. We see tons of posts about exactly what type of posters these 'bad apples' are yet the same people just respond over and over. When do the responders become part of your problem?

It's interchangeable I don't care who gets thread banned but something needs to happen. Punishing 3 retards is easier for the mods than punishing and managing 20 retards.

It's retards all the way down.

• 2Salty
  • 1OK, Sure

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Oh, you mean the one using tax money to subsidize its expenses.
So? There is zero incentive for any private company to develop Ebola medical countermeasures because it just so happens Africa is a shithole and Africans are dirt poor. Why do you hate blacks so much you want them to die of ebola?

• 2Like

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
So? There is zero incentive for any private company to develop Ebola medical countermeasures because it just so happens Africa is a shithole and Africans are dirt poor. Why do you hate blacks so much you want them to die of ebola?
Oh, so are you saying the free market can’t solve this kind of problem and it has to be socialized?

Status
Not open for further replies.