Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
After watching that movie I did some research. Seems Australia kills 10's of thousands of Kangaroos every year, its the largest wild animal harvest in the world after Fishing. I think the revulsion to the hunt in the film is the "joy" the drunk dummies take in it. Plus for no good reason they go in with knives too, which of course is more stressful/terrifying for the animal than being shot in the dark at 100 yards.

Supposedly during screenings of the film around Australia, people got up and shouted "thats not us!!" (the depiction of outback australians in the film), but one of the main actors in the movie, who worked as a farm hand as a youth/young man, would tell them to "sit the f*uck down because yes that is us."

The film (and book) has a deep homoerotic/gay vibe running through it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched Kill the Irishman. Not really sure what to make of it. Some pretty mediocre acting, a plot that was a mess and just kind of boring all around. 6.5/10.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1570066406989.jpeg

10/10

Spielberg and Kubrick’s long time assistant Leon Vitali collaborated together to bring the 4k copy using original 35 film. A+

It looks gorgeous.

1570074516813.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
High Life is streaming on Amazon Prime now. I liked it. But I like dark , weird movies with a lot of atmosphere. Two thumbs up.

1570235838456.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I watched Sicario last night: 8/10

And after seeing it . . . Build that wall guys!! Fucken build that thing, if anyone tries to play politics and question the cost, show them this film!!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

And after seeing it . . . Build that wall guys!! Fucken build that thing, if anyone tries to play politics and question the cost, show them this film!!

There's a sequel that is worth watching, though it's not nearly as good.

• 1Solidarity

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider

Tunnels... lol

• 1Seriously?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Great film. The same writer also did Wind River and Hell or Highwater. Both some of my favorite films of the last several years. I think Hell or Highwater might be a master piece.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Villeneuve's track record is elite. He's up there. Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049, Dune upcoming. That guy kills it.

As Chanur said, both Wind River and Hell or Highwater are also absolutely fantastic. They are in that same "ballpark" as Sicario. Sheridan is a great screen write.

spronk

FPS noob
if you ever watched Sons of Anarchy, he was the young sheriff guy on that show too. He also most recently created the TV show Yellowstone with Kevin Costner, although I haven't watched that. All his previous movies are fantastic, he has another Western-set modern day movie coming out next year starring Littlefinger, Angelina Jolie, and a few others.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Villeneuve's track record is elite. He's up there. Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049, Dune upcoming. That guy kills it.

As Chanur said, both Wind River and Hell or Highwater are also absolutely fantastic. They are in that same "ballpark" as Sicario. Sheridan is a great screen write.

No shit. Prisoners - amazing emotional manipulation and suspense and tweest that you KINDA see coming but not completely. Sicario is a fucking masterpiece of pacing and mood, one of my top 3 movies of all time. Arrival also had masterpiece mood and setting and everything but the weird time paradox stuff was A+. BR 2049 was the weakest of these four imo but still very good.

Hell or High Water was awesome and gave me massive respect for the acting chops of Chris Pine (under a great director). Wind River is probably my favorite movie since Sicario actually. Again, incredibly well paced with two leads who you really, really connect and empathize with.

Looking back on all the above, the message here is strong protagonists you can connect with, surrounded by a movie with perfect mood and pacing direction.

AMAZING. I am going to have to watch Blade Runner 2049 again to see if I can appreciate it a little more (in spite of shit Harrison Ford).

Edit - And after rereading this, my anticipation for the new Dune movie is increased dramatically.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Exorcist 3 after the RLM review.

man what a gem 8/10

George c Scott and brad Dourif take it home for a good flick.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Just watched Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds. Korean movie, fantasy/drama. Really liked it, going to watch the 2nd one tomorrow night probably.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

man what a gem 8/10

I saw that in theaters, and it is the only movie that has made me actually check the back seat of my car to make sure no one was there. The scene in the hospital with the glass of ice and then...not a glass of ice...is the scene I show to anyone that thinks bullshit like Paranormal Activity is scary.

And I was 100% on board with Brad Dourif being the scariest motherfucker ever after watching that. The intensity he brought to a character that was literally sitting in a straight jacket most of the movie was just insane. I said then that he should have won an academy award for that performance.

That's probably my #1 serious horror movie (Evil Dead 2 wins if we get less serious), but it really gets lost most of the time for various reasons.

• 2Like

Rime

<Donor>
I like horror movies, even bad horror movies and this is the season for them! Anything 1-2 is do not waste your time, 3-4 is if you have nothing better, 5-6 is 'okay, if you are looking for something in the genre', 7+ is stupidly rare.

Amazon Prime:

Stag Hunt - 6/10 - Mildly amusing Brittish horror-comedy about a group that goes out on a stag party hike and encounters the Dartmoor Beast. Amusing. Very low budget. I liked the actors.

Stomping Ground - 5/10 - Low budget bigfoot movie. Very immersive soundtrack, film itself was okay.

Entity - 4/10 - European found-footage film about the results of experiments done on psychics during the Cold War. Jump scares.

Sightings - 4/10 - Felt like a rip off of the whole Skinwalker Ranch mythos. Super low budget, the conspiracy theory guy was amusing.

Netflix:

Head Count - 6.5/10 - Neat little horror movie (roughly) based on the Skinwalker myth, in this called the Hisji. People play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

In The Tall Grass - 6/10 - Based off of a short story by Stephen King and his son, Joe Hill, a bit of a mind screw/time fuckery movie. Was decent enough.

The Figurine - 5.5/10 - A serviceable enough Nigerian horror movie. Plays with some ideas from African folklore. Decent acting, good story.

Fractured - 5.5/10 - A slow, mind-screw movie about an accident and how far the mind is willing to go to make up for it.

Life Changer - 4.5/10 - Horror movie about a shapeshifter. Had potential, but the skimp budget and poor writing made it meh. Neat Cronenburgian scene near the end.

House of the Witch - 2/10 - Paint by numbers haunted house movie about a Witch. No real rules, bad SFX.

Sinister 2 - 1/10 - A movie about the Boogeyman making kids do bad things. It was terrible. Nothing redeeming about it, other than the evil kids being reasonably good actors. Lame jump scares, particularly at the end.

Hulu:

Little Monster - 6.5/10 - Zombie outbreak during a kindergarten field trip. Was cute. Good acting.

Cooties - 4/10 - Horror-comedy. Zombie children, with Frodo as a main character. Had a few moments that made me chuckle, otherwise, it was not very good.

Youtube:

Eyes in the Dark (2010) - 7/10 - Super low budget werewolf movie. Found footage, still one of my favorites considering the shoe string budget it has.

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

man what a gem 8/10

This movie gets a lot of main stream hate but a lot of love from the genre fans. Its a great flick. Watched it not long ago. Think they even showed it on The Last Drive In.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The Nightingale

Period piece movie about a woman chasing down the soldiers that raped her and killed her husband and child, with the help of an Aboriginal guide.

3/10 Poorly edited and directed, with weak performances. Wouldn't recommend at all unless you have a specific interest in Australian history

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Due to the recommendations it got here:

Hell or High Water. 9 / 10

Very well acted, Jeff Bridges naturally, but it was good to see Chris Pine could also bring a lot to his character.

Also well paced, it took it's time with some things, but it was all for a purpose. Had a similar feel to: No Country for Old Men.