Relocating from Philly to Denver

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
in Boulder? Pretty ladies are everywhere, all ages not just college. I haven't played boardgames/magic in a brick and mortar store in a long time. I've heard of this place in North Boulder but have never checked it out. It's been there since I moved here and I can't imagine rent in that location being cheap so must be pretty active.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
in Boulder? Pretty ladies are everywhere, all ages not just college. I haven't played boardgames/magic in a brick and mortar store in a long time. I've heard of this place in North Boulder but have never checked it out. It's been there since I moved here and I can't imagine rent in that location being cheap so must be pretty active.

Denver

Edit: It's in Englewood next to the Denver Tech Center.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rent is a little bit more but that 4% negro population versus 46% in Philly is a real seller.

I'm going to recommend you find a place to live in Aurora (east Denver). Going to be hard for you to make friends in Denver proper or anywhere west and most places south.

As far as girls- tons of hot, fit girls. Problem is, tons of hot, fit dudes too. Unless you want to settle for a trailer park princess you better up your fitness game or you'll get Darwined out of the gene pool here.

Edit: Nerd scene is decent, but not as good as it should be for a city this size. I haven't fully explored it though, so it could be I don't know where to look. You'll find gaming groups of you want them, though

Last edited:

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Fun Fact: I'm 5 minutes away from Columbine.

You should drive through the parking lot on the first day of school and throw some firecrackers out the window. Really introduce yourself to the natives and get off on the right foot.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Company wants to balance the two teams between Philly and Denver and has tapped me to move to the Denver office if the visit in September goes well.

What do I need to know about Denver and Colorado as a whole?

It's a way better place to live than Philly. I just turned down a job that would move me to Philly.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They didn't give me a "raise" but I did get a 3% CoL increase. I'm crunching the numbers and if i'm not buying a house there it's pretty much on par with Philadelphia. Rent is a little bit more but that 4% negro population versus 46% in Philly is a real seller. They also gave me 4.5 grand for moving expenses.

I need to make friends though, Hows the nerd, Magic,Boardgame scene there? What about women?

i have a friend who's in <Azure Guard> with me on TAKP that is friends with a collectible game store owner in or near Denver and regularly picks up shifts there (tho he's not an "official" employee). haven't talked to him since i quit playing TAKP a few months ago, but we were close enough that we text and had a weekly duo session going for awhile. could put you guys in touch if you want, lemme know.

he's not into Magic, he's a Star Wars TCG guy haha

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
i have a friend who's in <Azure Guard> with me on TAKP that is friends with a collectible game store owner in or near Denver and regularly picks up shifts there (tho he's not an "official" employee). haven't talked to him since i quit playing TAKP a few months ago, but we were close enough that we text and had a weekly duo session going for awhile. could put you guys in touch if you want, lemme know.

he's not into Magic, he's a Star Wars TCG guy haha

Trying to find a card shop not a boyfriend.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Nah, I'm not into that. I prefer peeing directly into an anus, it helps establish an emotional connection that a funnel would literally interfere with.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm in Aurora now, but going to move south along I-25 as soon as my parents sell their place out west. Been in Denver for 13 years now. Lots to do no matter what you're into. There a lot of hipsters and SJW trash, but also a lot of Rs as well. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My sister is in Aurora. Reminds me of the Midwest but more expensive. She used to live in Boulder at the start of a Flat Iron trail, that was a really cool town but their rent was like $2700 a month or something stupid. I really like the food and outdoors shit to do there although Denver/Aurora has some good places too. Denver Biscuit Company is 🤤

The outdoor market thing Boulder has is pretty cool. Lots of good breweries if you’re into that. I know of an awesome used video game store I can get you the name of if you’re into that. Local place with passionate gamer guys and a lot of cool vintage stuff. Name is evading me atm but I can find it later.

Lots of homeless hippies everywhere, I noticed a huge increase from 2014 to the last time I went in 2017. Also bunch of liberal virtue warriors out there.

Don’t forget to drink water constantly or you’ll have nasty headaches. It’s a lot drier up there than it seems to be.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know shit about Denver, but I'd guess they have both, but they're not in the same place.

10, or even 5 years ago you'd be right. But that shit is changing. Millennial females are definitely gamers- not just video but pnp/board games/card games. My GF has several young (attractive) female friends through work that found out I play pnp RPGs and really want me to "teach them" how to play D&D. Honestly, it may just be a coincidence, but I've noticed Asian females seem to be really, really into that stuff these days.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Now, this is a story all about how
a_skeleton_02 life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how a_skeleton_02 became the mince of Denv'air

In west philadelphia, company based
in the projects is where he saw most of the aids
Chillin' out posting, MTG org'n all cool
And all shootin some Lava Coil in the FOH cesspool
whence a couple of cindervines, ladies dog was up to no good
Started aching, sprains, welcome to whiteknighthood
T got in one little fright and Mist so scared
He said 'You're movin' with your parents, no hoagie, Denv'Air.

<tbc>

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah most people call them sandwiches like normal fucking people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user