Relocating from Philly to Denver

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Homeless people are a trip, They are all younger bearded hippy looking dudes in North face jackets and nice shoes begging for money as they live out of their camping backpack.
There are little to no actual homeless people in CO. The job market is on fire right now. Between the giant Amazon hub and the tech center the only reason someone is without a job is because they don't actually want one. That, and the cold here kills people outside pretty fast. Probably easier to get a bus or train to CA and be homeless someplace communist.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was on vacation in Colorado for the past week and wasn't supposed to leave until today. So glad I changed that to last night. Got out before the storm hit.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I just spent some time in Denver-- I was looking forward to it. Of course, there is no way to summarize the culture/benefits/climate of a place in couple of sentences.

I can see why so many people love it. There is pot everywhere (as mentioned here). There are tons of fit people. I was there for a little snow and was surprised how crippling it was for getting around/driving. I figured- it's Colorado, they are USED to snow. Not true.

Personally, the overall culture was a little too slow for me. I could not get adapted to firing on 50% of my neurons because that is what is expected. Jesus Christ, don't think or talk too fast. Certainly don't DO things too fast. It's just not the way... As for the healthy scene. Totally, dude! I wish I could be as healthy as the general population seems to be. But, go 10 miles outside of the city (not in the direction of Colorado Springs) and things change fast.

Despite it being a very popular spot for moving/retiring/fleeing the East/West coasts, I didn't think it was for me. In all likelihood that says more about my faults and defects than any relative dis-merits for Denver. It was just a little too cowboy for me (and it's not that Cowboy!).

PS- There are a fair share of homeless/hippies/immigrants seeking sanctuary in Denver. Not San Francisco by any means, though.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
the Wife and I took the kids to Denver and Boulder for Spring Break this year to see family. If you are ever out in Boulder and like Fried Chicken check this place out...

Good Beer too.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Saw a god damn coyote in my law this morning, broad day light not afraid of me at all scavenging around looking for something to eat.

Super Mangey as well.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
20200125_224804.jpg

I climbed a mountain

• 2Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 2 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Technically I drove most of it

How many trees did you hit? I drove to Philly for a weekend, after living in Northern Virginia/DC area most of my life. It was like Philly drivers were trying to get into accidents.

Explains a lot about your mod term. Can take the asshole out of Philly, but fuck that guy, he sucks and people need to get to work without dialing State Farm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
slight thread hi-jacking... but in a month or so, work is sending me to denver for a week for some paid training. any places to check out? any must eat at restaurants? etc?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
slight thread hi-jacking... but in a month or so, work is sending me to denver for a week for some paid training. any places to check out? any must eat at restaurants? etc?

If your from a cost then Denver food blows.

Eat some home Depot tamales at 2 am though.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
How many trees did you hit? I drove to Philly for a weekend, after living in Northern Virginia/DC area most of my life. It was like Philly drivers were trying to get into accidents.

Explains a lot about your mod term. Can take the asshole out of Philly, but fuck that guy, he sucks and people need to get to work without dialing State Farm.

We Philadelphians are a contentious people for sure.

Second week here I almost fought some Californian driver because he honked at me for turning left at an intersection.