Retard Dumping Ground

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No fucking LED ZEPPELIN?
Or black sabbath for that matter. Fuck, these dudes were chunka, chunking, singing about war pigs while beatles were all like come together. Not to dog beatles, but black sabbath spawned heavy metal.

Fuclking bill ward on a 3 piece tearikg shit up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
No fucking LED ZEPPELIN?

I remember the whole world tuning into watch this when I was a kid. It was simulcast on FM stations live around the world. I think the whole program was 3.5 hrs long and they came on at 12:30-1 AM.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or black sabbath for that matter. Fuck, these dudes were chunka, chunking, singing about war pigs while beatles were all like come together. Not to dog beatles, but black sabbath spawned heavy metal.
what's your favorite Sabbath singer? i still cant decide whether its Ozzy or Dio. Ozzy Sabbath had much better songs, but Dio took their then mediocre songs and amped them up to 13

vs

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>

Meh I would say Blue Cheer started it all, they were to Metal what The Ramones were to Punk.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
what's your favorite Sabbath singer? i still cant decide whether its Ozzy or Dio. Ozzy Sabbath had much better songs, but Dio took their then mediocre songs and amped them up to 13

Did you ever see Dio in concert? He was incredible. Unfortunately comparing him against Ozzy it's kind of a no contest, because on one side is fucking Ozzy. What a titan.

While we're on 70s stuff this is what I have been listening to while coding this evening. Hopefully this link will roll you directly into the Thrust album. It doesn't fit any current or even recent derails, unfortunately.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah. Liszt was glam rock. He'd hire women to faint during his concerts.

Serious showmanship.
do you remember those Time Life classical music compilations they made in the 90s? my favorite was Classical Thunder.
that shit was marketed as metal.
i had most of that stuff already on vinyl but i bought it anyway hoping it was recorded in super high dolby sound. it wasnt.
:(

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
-sigh-
ok, Glam Metal starts getting interesting when somebody yells out, "what about Kiss?" then somebody says, "nuh uh, they ripped off The New York Dolls" then somebody says, "those bands arent metat at all you faggots, Alice Cooper is the real deal."

Death Metal. I think you can go back to Venom as the real beginnings of Death Metal. Slayer came a bit later. i cant say who if anyone came before Venom because i knew so few people who actually liked it enough for me to discuss it with.
enjoy it.

and yes as far as i can tell Anthrax invented Nu Metal with I'm The Man and Bring The noize. there may be earlier bands who did the crossover though.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
do you remember those Time Life classical music compilations they made in the 90s? my favorite was Classical Thunder.
that shit was marketed as metal.
i had most of that stuff already on vinyl but i bought it anyway hoping it was recorded in super high dolby sound. it wasnt.
:(
haha young people got their version too

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Goddammit, now I have an entirely new thread to follow.

Not disappointed actually.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
-sigh-
ok, Glam Metal starts getting interesting when somebody yells out, "what about Kiss?" then somebody says, "nuh uh, they ripped off The New York Dolls" then somebody says, "those bands arent metat at all you faggots, Alice Cooper is the real deal."

Death Metal. I think you can go back to Venom as the real beginnings of Death Metal. Slayer came a bit later. i cant say who if anyone came before Venom because i knew so few people who actually liked it enough for me to discuss it with.
enjoy it.

and yes as far as i can tell Anthrax invented Nu Metal with I'm The Man and Bring The noize. there may be earlier bands who did the crossover though.

i feel like you'd enjoy this book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003V1WV7K/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks pretty good, i was the one metal kid in almost the whole school, the other kids were still into pop so they thought i was a devil worshiper and i never denied it. then when the hair metal shit started with bonjovi , cinderella, crue and ratt they started to come around thinking they were on my wavelength. one kid asked me if i had Slippery When Wet, (which i did, my sister liked bon jovi) and he wanted me to burn him a copy. so i said sure. i recorded the album on my double deck cassette recorder, but i recorded it in half speed so all the songs were slow and mushy. when he heard it he didnt get the joke that i was playing it slow. he thought it was the devil rituals they heard that i was into. he told a friend of mine that he screamed, took out the cassette, broke it in half and threw it away. this was before the movie Trick or Treat came out. when i saw it in the theater, i laughed my ass for most of that movie. i was like holy shit, i'm not alone!

BTW
Fastway in that movie is actually a pretty good band and worth checking out.

• 1Worf