Rimworld

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
0zztr05whhl31.jpg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I started a quick game of randy savage a few days ago thinking it would end quickly, but Randy was actually really kind to me for awhile. I got a lot of lucky cargo pods that usually had just what I needed.

This gem of a colonist roamed in after my namesake had been killed:
col2.jpg
fire.jpg

She likes to burn stuff, but her and Rubber got along. Here they are shaggin away right next to a rescued pod crash victim.
shaggin.jpg

I then picked up a person fleeing named Rambo, and it had the full John Rambo name, but it was a woman.
rambo.jpg

Here's Rambo at their marriage ceremony...
20191115064333_1.jpg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Then a horde of angry rabbits attacked
oops.jpg

Rubber took off and left his bride to fight 2 of them haha
bunnies.jpg

Later someone made this sculpture. It was really confusing because I don't think I had a brother, and both of us are female. And the sensual bit?! And Rambo is still alive.
sculpture.jpg

This crew were all downed and it sent me a man in black that couldn't do doctor or plant cutting. He basically researched at the bench while everyone froze to death because he couldn't cut wood to light a fire or fuel the gens. But he at least kept the colony going, and the game either left me alone or just sent easy raids that died on spike traps. There was one minor volcanic winter, but you can see I expanded and researched quite a bit.
20191116143540_1.jpg

After a raid with some injuries it sent me a poison ship
PoisonShip.jpg

In that fight Remy the hero got shot up really badly. Lost an eye, right leg, and shattered spine. Couldn't get out of the hospital bed. Then soon after another one crashed right in my crop field:
AnotherShip.jpg

Leo was my only decent farmer. Everyone else was either 0 or 1 skill. Had a very long volcanic winter leading into a real winter after that. I rescued a guy hoping he would have some farming skill but he turned out to be a pyro with 0 plant skill, and gourmand (so he eats extra). I sent him on caravans half hoping he wouldn't make it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I started having trouble with insects while trying to get bionics so I could fix Remy. I also made the mistake of stripping him so he spent a year or two with "unhappy nudity" even though he was in a hospital bed. I needed the flak & helmet gear though.
20191117095117_1.jpg

Eventually we got there though, a new spine!
spine.jpg

Bugs round two, lost two colonists on this one.
20191117204158_1.jpg

The next attack was odd. I heard a noise and saw something flash on the screen for an instant, then it was gone. The game didn't even pause. I looked around a little bit but didn't see anything so just went on about my business. Eventually I kept hearing things and found it. An insect colony sprang up in a cave south of my base. Because I didn't see them they had already multiplied a few times.

I had geared up a bit with good rifles and such so I figured I could handle it, but they overwhelmed me + turret.
morebugs.jpg

It sent a man in black but there wasn't much he could do vs all that:
20191118100954_1.jpg

I let it run for awhile:
1574115193274.jpeg

And they just kept multiplying. 3 wild wanderers wandered in and the insects let them hang out and eat the jelly. Every now and then a wolf or something would piss them off and they would just go rampaging through the base destroying everything:
20191118102445_1.jpg

Raiders attacked a few times which was really really funny.
20191118103918_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had a new colonist arrive being chased by enemies, and I kind of took a wide hook move around the bugs and led the enemies into them and they got gobbled. I set up a little camp on the far side of the map with a stolen bedroll, constantly cancelling orders to go back into that hell.
cave.jpg

I picked up a sniper rifle and started trying to shoot the hives at long range:
20191118142349_1.jpg

They didn't like that.
20191118142410_1.jpg

I'm not really sure if they just multiply forever or what. I killed a few and the others would eat them, but I don't know if they even need to eat? They aren't affected by cold other than it slightly slows down the smaller ones. Maybe a heat wave would kill them?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Something I did unlocked merciless so I started a game on that. It has been nonstop diseases and raids and huge fires.

I streamed a little during my last game and someone in the chat was telling me all about the virtues of indoor farming, so I worked towards that. The grow lights need four goddamn generators to run though, it's crazy. Just for one of them.

• 1Worf

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I'm not into managing an entire colony, but is there a mode where you can play as a single person just trying to survive the elements?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes you can use the scenario editor to set up the world as you need. I always disable wanderer joins because I want to control who gets in and who doesn't. I disable the bugs too, they are far too annoying to deal with and they often end up dominating the gameplay.

Dull

Molten Core Raider
Something I did unlocked merciless so I started a game on that. It has been nonstop diseases and raids and huge fires.

I streamed a little during my last game and someone in the chat was telling me all about the virtues of indoor farming, so I worked towards that. The grow lights need four goddamn generators to run though, it's crazy. Just for one of them.

Semi-pro tip: dont connect the grow lights to a generator, just connect them directly to 4 solar panels per light (farther from the equator may need an additional solar panel, above arctic circle pretty much dont bother). The plants dont grow at night anyways.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been trying really hard to research solar panels

My benches were destroyed in raids before I ever even go to use them, but now I have one. I only have 2 people, one at 2 skill, the other at zero. It keeps sending me people with 2 or 3 in much needed skills. I can't even keep a wood generator going. Takes all day to chop down a tree.

I had it send me 3 totally unskilled people like this guy:

20191121235141_1.jpg

These are redos though. The earlier crew was wiped out. Had 4 decent people, but 3 raids in rapid succession followed by 2 at the same time. People were still in hospital beds. I had 2 on their feet and right as the combined horde of 10 were reaching the fort, one of them went corpse obsessed and ran out to be shot down, the other did a food binge.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Man playing this with Brutality+Cassandra Classic is impossible.

You get raided with over-geared shit well before you can get a turret system set up.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm on a standard game now. Cassandra, 3 person ship crash start, medium difficulty. Quite a lot easier than I'm used to. Some fun moments:
Drama.jpg

This lady can only fight and train animals, so she sits around and smokes weed all day.
GoodLife.jpg

Me about to get a sweet new robot arm. Some of my fingers had been bitten off in a fight.
NewArm.jpg

PetBun.jpg

YeyArm.jpg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So I had just researched those launch pods for shooting crap across the map in a rocket. I got this sweet trade deal: a dozen button down shirts for a machine that pulls fuel out of the air! So I loaded up the shirts and my useless dope smoker to do the deal and rocketed her over to the town. She did the deal... then couldn't move. The machine was too heavy.
20191125124141_1.jpg

So I rocketed over another person with some more food to help carry it. They got underway then I realized they were pissed off because I forgot bedrolls so I rocketed them over some bedrolls. They made good time till they hit the hills, then one of them gets the plague.
20191125131406_1.jpg

Any time I ever leave my base area it is a disaster every time. So the other person has to carry the plague victim AND the big ass machine through the mountains. Of course they run out of food and the plague is getting really bad so I rocket them more food and some medicine. They made it and the plague girl BARELY survived. It was really close.

I sent Unner out to some peace talks and miscalculated on food and she began to starve. So I sent stoner out to meet her with more food:
20191125055956_1.jpg

One of them got food poisoning and had to be carried so I had to send someone else out again with even more food:
20191125064030_1.jpg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
More misc moments. I took this at a party. This is the first game I've had where my colonists actually like each other. On the settings I usually play at they always pissed off and at each others throats and starting random fires and stuff.

Everyone likes me more than I like them. It reminds me of Bilbo saying "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"
20191124171632_1.jpg

I started bonded with this amazing dog Edie a Husky. She would charge enemies in a fight and keep them away from me. Had been shot alot but always got patched up. She would even carry chopped wood and stuff. But a grenade got her, and before I could figure out how to give her a proper burial:
20191124182555_1.jpg

She became a survival meal.

I've had one super difficult moment so far. It started with a raid right as I was building on a wing for a new colonist (raid was chasing fleeing refugee). Got shot up a bit, then had a bit of food poisoning, then 4 get hit with malaria.
20191124190937_1.jpg

About an hour later a cold snap hits, and the whole hallway to the residential area is open and I'm madly trying to get stone blocks made to seal it up so we don't freeze. Then an asshole throws a party.
20191124192233_1.jpg

2 of my fields are indoor so I think I will be fine as I have electric heaters out there. Then:
20191124194816_1.jpg

All the food crops die, just a bit of devilstrand is left. I worked sick and sealed up the hole and built campfires to keep us from freezing. We made it barely.

When I did get to a bed Emily came to cheer me up, she's obviously into Isaac Arthur videos from Youtube:
20191124194634_1.jpg

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I didn't realize you had to manually activate the firefoam poppers:
20191125051500_1.jpg

A pet Muffalo blatantly disregarding my orders to stay out of the fridge.
20191125124715_1.jpg

These unfortunates got absolutely sodomized by my uranium shell cannon. I felt really bad for them. They tried to run but it just shot them all down BOOM BOOM BOOM.
20191126034531_1.jpg

These jerks tried to set up a mortar launcher. I came out with 4 and flanked them south and cut them to pieces. Free stuff!
assHoles.jpg

These dumbasses attacked right as a large caravan showed up at my place. The caravan guards tore them a new one. It was pretty much over by the time I got outside.
CaravanRaid.jpg

Someone gave one of the pet bunnies some beer and it puked everywhere.
DrunkBun.jpg

Girlfight:
fight.jpg

I got shot in the chest in a fight where I didn't have time to put on a vest and it ruined my left lung. I was worried about what to do and like a minute later a trade ship had a lung for sale
NewLung.jpg

I was hoping for some kind of cool super machine lung but there's not one.

My only dead Colonist so far. He was a miner and died in a tunnel collapse.
oaf.jpg

I decided this one wouldn't be worth it:
pass.jpg

• 1Like

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Poppers should go off on there own.

Also, i can sympathize with every caravan being a disaster, really wish it worked better

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Fort is getting big. I keep getting refugees chased that are people's family members. I take them in so my people won't be sad.
20191127191037_1.jpg

The last one ended up being a really big fight. Almost lost my researcher.
20191127180618_1.jpg

I've only had one bug incident so far. They popped up right in my big ass stockpile room. There was so much crap everywhere I almost let a hive reproduce because I couldn't see it
20191127171244_1.jpg

This was really hilarious. Manhunter pack of boomers
20191127164711_1.jpg

I just have the last few things left to research.

iannis

Musty Nester
Poppers should go off on there own.

Also, i can sympathize with every caravan being a disaster, really wish it worked better
I wish there was some way to see what a town stocks. Whenever I do a caravan they never have anything I need, which is the reason to do a caravan.