RIP Chester Bennington

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How many people do you personally know on Kid Rock's campaign team?

0 to my knowledge. Can only recall one person I ever even knew from Michigan - and been out of touch with him for years. And he was just an EQ friend anyhow.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How he gonna beat slash, the man responsible for November rain and sweet child solos. Fucking bullshit

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Some weak competition in that poll. Surprised the Between the Buried and Me dudes didn't get more votes. It's not my thing but they can play. And I'm glad that hack Kerry King didn't come close to winning.
It's an online poll I think so can't take the results too seriously. I'm just glad to see Tremonti finally getting some recognition, for a while it seemed to me like he (and to a larger extent, Alter Bridge) would never get the attention they deserve.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Linkin's musical talent was amazing and only these two bands could surpass them in vocals and guitar.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I was just having this conversation with my girlfriend a few weeks ago... How even tho I've never been a huge fan of theirs, I think Chester had maybe the best voice in rock music in a technical sense. To be able to scream his head off and still be hitting every fucking note is just ridiculous. I don't know any other vocalist that can maintain that sort of vocal intensity while maintaining his full range. And he did it for years, most singers that put that much heat into their vocals end up damaging their vocal cords after a few years from spitting up stomach acid. Dude had pretty much a superhuman voice.

Could*

(He's dead)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wait a minute Chester, you know, I'm a peaceful man

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Freddie Mercury did it better, for longer, with aids on top. Bob Seeger started twenty years before this twat and still has pipes to belt out Katmandu. Daltry, Plant, Lemmy, Hagar, Bonn Scott and Paul Rogers all had careers longer that that Anhero was alive, too. He wasn't even the best of his contemporaries, with Urie, Bellamy, Yorke, and even Chris Robinson being massively more talented vocalists than him. Guy could sing his own genre well enough, but he was not some defining vocal talent. He did have that whiney thing down, though.

Like I said, good in a technical sense. The second part of the conversation I alluded to involved the idea that rock music is often about NOT being the best in a technical sense, and going out there and doing it anyway. A lot of the guys you listed were "bad" singers technically in that they had narrow vocal ranges, couldn't hold notes for long, etc. Is the dude from AC/DC a technically good singer? No. But anyone else singing Back in Black would sound like shit. And I was definitely just talking about modern rock, but you seemed to have realized that in your second to last sentence.

None of the Faggots you just named could scream harmonically. Game Chester.

Keg understood my main point.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Freddie Mercury did it better, for longer, with aids on top. Bob Seeger started twenty years before this twat and still has pipes to belt out Katmandu. Daltry, Plant, Lemmy, Hagar, Bonn Scott and Paul Rogers all had careers longer that that Anhero was alive, too. He wasn't even the best of his contemporaries, with Urie, Bellamy, Yorke, and even Chris Robinson being massively more talented vocalists than him. Guy could sing his own genre well enough, but he was not some defining vocal talent. He did have that whiney thing down, though.

Bruce Dickinson, dawg.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also Queen was about as apolitical as any band ever. They played a show in South Africa at the height of apartheid ffs. They had one song about gun control and another one about indians, but that was it. Pretty much every other mainstream band has had an opinion, though, since the 80s.

And anyone who has seen Bellamy or Urie sing live knows Chester is teir 2 at best. Why the funk else did he gargle Cornnells balls so much? Dude was trying to suckered some talent out of the end of his dick.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All you faggots hating on Linkin Park yet good ole Chester and a few feet of rope have brought more post to the musichouse than there has been in years.

You do have to wonder about their work ethic though.

Linkin Park Cancels tour after frontman's death.

Anyways here's a DBZ AMV because that's what Linkin Park was all about.

Thats rude and selfish of them. Most Linkin Park tracks don't have Chester Bennington on them, or feature him very little on the songs...They could easily find a singer to tribute him on tour or just play the track.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also Queen was about as apolitical as any band ever. They played a show in South Africa at the height of apartheid ffs. They had one song about gun control and another one about indians, but that was it. Pretty much every other mainstream band has had an opinion, though, since the 80s.

Indeed - hell, driving today I realized that I didn't even think to mention Cake when it comes to activist bands. Look at the Facebook page that Cake runs sometime if you want to see how crazy political a band can be, Jesus. (And again, I love some Cake - but their political zealotry is annoying)

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
And anyone who has seen Bellamy or Urie sing live knows Chester is teir 2 at best. Why the funk else did he gargle Cornnells balls so much? Dude was trying to suckered some talent out of the end of his dick.

Had to google who you were talking about. The dude from Muse and the dude from Panic at the Disco? When you were talking about Freddie Mercury and Robert Plant I was almost like "okay, I was mainly talking about currently active musicians, but I can understand," but now you've lost me. Bellamy is a way better song writer but not a better rock singer. And fuck PatD.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bellamy is a ridiculously gifted singer who is able to belt out opera level quality vocals live. Urie is pretty solid, too (theres an amazing live cover of Bohemian Rhapsody on YouTube), though there music is not my personal favorite. The vocals on Knights of Cydonia alone are better than anything Chester ever did.