Ryan Lochte scandal megathread

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The last few years (and being wrong on this board) have taught me to always wait for the facts to come out

The whole post was good, but this part brought a tear to my eye. Rerolled is making the world a better place.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The Brazilian government is basically using this to send a message. You go over there, break shit, and file false police reports in order to make them look bad. They have to do something.

If Ryan truly believes he was robbed at gunpoint, then fuck, he is beyond salvation. The entitlement is too strong within him.

I really feel bad for the other guys, the guys without the clout, the ones that could not go against his word, because he is the second most famous male swimmer in the delegation.

Just imagine, if you are in that car, and Michael Phelps files a police report saying they were robbed. If you go against his word, you may be charged with filing a police report if they believe his account and not yours. Who is going to believe you?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The Brazilian government is basically using this to send a message. You go over there, break shit, and file false police reports in order to make them look bad. They have to do something.

If Ryan truly believes he was robbed at gunpoint, then fuck, he is beyond salvation. The entitlement is too strong within him.

I really feel bad for the other guys, the guys without the clout, the ones that could not go against his word, because he is the second most famous male swimmer in the delegation.

Just imagine, if you are in that car, and Michael Phelps files a police report saying they were robbed. If you go against his word, you may be charged with filing a police report if they believe his account and not yours. Who is going to believe you?

The Brazilian govt? More like, the American media is sending a message. Brazil probably had no idea how the American media would react and was just trying to do what they *could* do.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The message is, "It is going to cost you 10k to complain about breaking shit over here"

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The message is, "It is going to cost you 10k to complain about breaking shit over here"

Thats a pretty stupid message considering they hope to get tourism dollars. Anybody who was thinking about visiting Brazil before the Olympics has crossed that shit off now.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The moment Ryan made the accusation, people crossed it off, not because they charged him 10k for it.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The moment Ryan made the accusation, people crossed it off, not because they charged him 10k for it.

So, might as well extort the US olympic team for bullshit while we are at it? And thats what you're touting as Brazil sending a message? They're just lackeys trying to act tough in front of the locals.

Hopefully the Olympic Committee gets a clue and stops having the Olympics in Third World shit holes after this.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So, might as well extort the US olympic team for bullshit while we are at it? And thats what you're touting as Brazil sending a message? They're just lackeys trying to act tough in front of the locals.

Hopefully the Olympic Committee gets a clue and stops having the Olympics in Third World shit holes after this.

Hopefully drunk Americans stop acting like shitheads.

Not holding my breath for neither one.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully drunk Americans stop acting like shitheads.

Not holding my breath for neither one.

Brazil would be a better place without drunk Americans there shitting it up, amirite?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
"It's how you want to make it look like," Lochte responded. "Whether you call it a robbery or whether you call it extortion or us paying just for the damages. We don't know. All we know is there was a gun pointed in our direction and we were demanded to give money.""

Ryan Lochte

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is photographic evidence that there was no damage to the bathroom. It gets no clearer than that.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Against Ryan owns words, that there was damage?

If he had said, there was no damage done, it was fabricated, then yes, but he conceded there was damage.

He never said, look there was no damage done.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I read a headline that he trashed a bathroom, that's hard facts bro, HARD.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is photographic evidence that there was no damage to the bathroom. It gets no clearer than that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Against Ryan owns words, that there was damage?

If he had said, there was no damage done, it was fabricated, then yes, but he conceded there was damage.

He never said, look there was no damage done.

Please quote Ryan's exact words.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Ryan Lochte: “I left – I left details out, which, that’s why I’m in this mess, is I left certain things out. And I over-exaggerated some parts of the story.”

Matt Lauer: “One of the things you appear to have embellished with Billy when you talked to Billy is you said at some point after you refused to sit down the security guard put the gun to your forehead and cocked it. That didn’t happen?

Ryan Lochte: “That didn’t happen. And that’s why I over-exaggerated that part.”

Matt Lauer: “Why’d you do that?”

Ryan Lochte: “I don’t know why. You know, it was still hours after the incident happened. I was still intoxicated. I was still under that influence. And I’m not making – me being intoxicated – an excuse. I’m not doing that at all. I mean, it was my fault. And I shouldn’t have said that. I shouldn’t even – just kept it like, ‘I’m not– I’m not saying anything.’ But I over-exaggerated that part. And the gun was drawn but not at my forehead. It wasn’t cocked at my forehead. It was towards my general direction. And as you can see in the surveillance, that’s when my hands went up.”

Matt Lauer: “You told me on the phone, Ryan, you said, ‘We are victims here. We are victims. And we’re happy that we’re safe.’ In the police press conference, they said, ‘Not victims. They’re vandals.’ How do you feel about that?”

Ryan Lochte: “It’s how you want to – it’s how you want to make look like. Whether you call it a robbery, whether you call it extortion, or us paying just for the damages, like we don’t know. All we know is that there was a gun pointed in our direction, and we were demanded to give money.”

Matt Lauer: “And that’s a really interesting point. I want to take a little time on this. If I were to ask you the same question again right now and say, ‘Were you robbed on Sunday morning in Rio?’ how would you answer it?”

Ryan Lochte: “I can’t answer that, because I don’t know if – I was intoxicated. So I don’t know. All I know is that there was a gun pointed at us, and we were demanded to give money. Whether it was to pay for the damages of the poster, whether it was extortion, or whether it was a robbery, like, I can’t – I’m not equipped to…”

Matt Lauer: “Except I want to point out that Gunner in his statement to police said at some point, someone who spoke English walked over and offered to help translate this altercation. And he made it clear that the security guard was telling the four of you, ‘You need to pay for that stuff, that damage before you can leave here, or I’m going to call the police.’ You understood that at that time, didn’t you?”

Ryan Lochte: “Yeah. So then we had to give the money.”