Scenes that made you cry like a bitch

I must be a grade A Bitch, because every scene or ending mentioned here made me at least tear up. Aside from the anime, probably would get to me as well if I actually watched them.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Dear Zachary... and yeah hopping on the What Dreams May Come wagon as well.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While it's not a scene, pretty much the entire movie of "Departures". A Japanese drama. It was incredible, and I cried like a bitch a good 6-7 times during it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Let me elaborate on my above post of the Japanese film, Departures. (It won an Oscar for the best foreign movie).

It's a film about a guy that's kind of a fuck up. In Japanese culture, when you are of age, you should be working. This guy couldn't hold onto a job to save his life.
He gets a job that supposedly pays well, but is depressing. He is kind of a funeral director's assistant. However, funerals are different than they are in America. The dead usually stay at their home and people go to their home to pay respects. There is a huge cleaning ritual to prepare the body, then the makeup and such. They are perfectionists. Also, pretty much everyone in Japan is cremated, due to a lack of room. They still have grave sites, but typically it's a grave site for an entire family and not a single person.

So yeah, it's a movie about death, but it runs the gamut of emotions. There's happy tears, sad tears, those fucked up "what the hell?" tears. It's an incredibly beautiful movie, and I suggest everyone watch it. You'll need a multi-region DVD or BluRay player if you're a US person though. They never released it in any form over here.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>

Perhaps it just boils down to when I grew up but if something doesn't happen when you hear muppets read children's letters to Jim Henson something just ain't right in your heart.

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
Final play of state championship game in Friday Night Lights. When the father gives his son his championship ring.

Every time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Relevant

rrr_img_24045.jpg

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
That's because

'"Jurassic Bark", episode 7 of season 4 of the animated television series Futurama has an extended homage to Hachiko, with Fry discovering the fossilized remains of his dog, Seymour. After Fry was frozen, Seymour is shown to have waited for Fry to return for 12 years outside Panucci's Pizza, where Fry worked, never disobeying his master's last command to wait for him.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

chilansl

Molten Core Raider
Another anime one, the end of the Aincrad arc of Sword Art Online. Not full on weeping type moment, but it was well done as we see the Kirito and Asuna in the SAO "afterlife", then disappearing while embraced.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How fortuitous we bring up nerd shit. I straight up sob like a bitch when Aragorn says, "My friends, you bow to no one." and the ENTIRETY of Minas fucking Tirith goes to their knees before these little hobbits.
This. I still bawl like a bitch to this day when I see this scene.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You really really need to try the movie I mentioned. It's... well, I don't have a better word than to say it's just a beautiful film.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I never have cried during a movie but for some reason teared up when they executed John kaffe at the end of green mile.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Last few episodes of Wolf's Rain, especially when Toboe dies. Whole series was depressing as shit.
Where the Red Fern Grows. Ran into my mom's room bawling incoherently for an hour after reading that shit when I was a kid. For kicks my mom got me the movie for Christmas. I tried not to be a bitch while watching it. It didn't work.
Grave of the Fireflies. Nuff said.
Balad of Narayama. Story of harsh life in a rural village in 19th century Japan. Very very good movie.
I am Legend. Fuckin' dogs, man...

I keep hearing about the Plague Dogs and I want to watch it, but from everything I've heard it's going to have me in tears.

Oh, and Littlefoot's mom dying in Land Before Time.
frown.png