Scenes that made you cry like a bitch

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
T2 when Arnie is about to lower himself into the molten steel. When they start playing the music I lose it.

Also end of fellowship of the ring when Boramir is getting all shot up but still keeps on fighting off the orcs. Sean Bean fucking nailed it.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannh?user Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."

This scene gets me, and I'm not 100% sure why, Roy wasn't a likable character, but it feels like his overall story and his ending actions deserved some sympathy.
Or I'm just a fucking weirdo.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannh?user Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."

This scene gets me, and I'm not 100% sure why, Roy wasn't a likable character, but it feels like his overall story and his ending actions deserved some sympathy.
Or I'm just a fucking weirdo.
That didn't mist me up but I do love that scene and probably go youtube it once a month.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
That scene is one of the greatest cinematic moments ever put on film. Rutger Hauer kills it in portraying Roy Batty as he actually learns what it is to be human just before dying. The last 15 minutes of Big Fish is pretty brutal on the emotions when the father lets the son tell his final story and then tells him that it was exactly what he wanted as the story of his life. Also, don't let Netflix trick you into watching Mary & Max thinking that it's a comedy. There are about two minutes of funny things at the beginning of that movie before it just starts gut punching your soul for an hour and a half.

The first thing that ever made me openly cry when I was younger was the book Of Mice and Men. I was crying when I went to the kitchen for dinner and my aunt asked me why so I told her. She was in a pretty heavy PETA phase then and told me that she didn't care about Lenny dying but thought that the poor puppy that he smothered was terrible. I think that I threw a coffee mug at her and ran to my room. The next day my parents wanted to cheer me up so they rented The Neverending Story for me, didn't watch a movie again for a long time after that.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I fucking hate Notre Dame with the power of a thousand suns but this still gets me everytime

Too bad Rudy ended up being a total ass in real life.

Balin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Actually, the Samurai class were notoriously corrupt and their resistance to the Meiji Restoration was not because they were 'fighting a battle to preserve the soul of Japan' but because they were against changes that would take away their status as the privileged elite of Japanese society. The film also glosses over the fact that many Samurai gave up their privileged status to support the Meiji Restoration because they believed it would strengthen Japan.
I haven't studied Japanese history, but I have no illusions that the movie was based on many facts. But it was a good story. The disciplined, honorable samurai I reference are the obviously fictional characters in the film.
smile.png
Interesting to hear that it's way off, nonetheless.

Braveheart's another one that gets me, though I suspect the true story is far less inspiring.

smile.png

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Most recent one for me was Second Hand Lions, which I watched on video. Not spoiling it, though.

It's also amusing as you can see Michael Caine try and pull off a Texas accent.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
The Fox and the Hound tore me apart as a kid. I remember squalling, my mom was crying, whole goddamn theater was in tears...

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The beginning scene of Willow made me cry so hard in the theatre as a kid I had to leave.

uup2it_sl

shitlord
The ending of Saving Private Ryan kills me. "Earn this" "Tell me Ive lead a good life Tell me Im a good man"
Crash when the little girl and the gun.
I get a little misty on Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust ending the funeral.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I can't remember the last time I cried emotionally. I know I was a kid, but it's been a long ass time, at least 15 years.
I still feel emotion though, I ain't a robot. So here are some movies that definitely hit a chord.

• Plague Dogs, 1982; It's an animation done by the same people that did Watership Down... involving dogs. That should be enough to get some of you whimpering right there.
  • UP, 2009; The first 10 minutes are an intense experience the first time you watch it.
  • Braveheart,1995; The execution of William Wallace's Bride.
  • The Mission, 1986; This movie is a tough one to deal with. History can be a bitch.
  • The Deer Hunter, 1978; The contrast of these men's lives before and after the war is still something I think about now and then.
  • Dersu Uzala, 1975; The first scene of the movie means nothing to you; By the end of the movie you realize how sad it really is.