Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
counterpoint:

snNAbnN5KtJfUlJmbIWpPDe1KcE56W3YhwAM9pvxs-w.png
Odd that the us line stops around 2010 while the others continue. Still, it shows a minor decrease from 1970 to that point. But I concede that the opposite has been happening elsewhere especially in developing countries.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Odd that the us line stops around 2010 while the others continue. Still, it shows a minor decrease from 1970 to that point. But I concede that the opposite has been happening elsewhere especially in developing countries.
The US allows illiterate people to identify as literate.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing the data stops at different times for all the areas, I don't know why they would stop at USA in 2010. Even if the literacy was relatively saturated there is still a lot of study on basic literacy on the USA to draw from.

I'd be interested in another chart showing higher-levels of global literacy. ex: level 3 of PIAAC
Texts at this level are often dense or lengthy and include continuous, noncontinuous, mixed, or multiple pages of text

much harder to do that in a universal way, especially with different languages.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm guessing the data stops at different times for all the areas, I don't know why they would stop at USA in 2010. Even if the literacy was relatively saturated there is still a lot of study on basic literacy on the USA to draw from.

I'd be interested in another chart showing higher-levels of global literacy. ex: level 3 of PIAAC

much harder to do that in a universal way, especially with different languages.

That piaac thing is weird. The task descriptions make them look a daunting but the samples of their middle and highest levels are all easy.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I'm having flashbacks to the 80s when I could buy eyeglasses that untwisted after being bent by adding heat. Why is this so new?
A different process, and metal that's several times more metal than whatever they were making your glasses with?

You Rock GIF

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That guy seems like he's jumping to a whole bunch of unjustified applications.
As far as I’m aware the applications are legit, the research still has to go through all the rest of the process to be worked into actual products. Assuming it stands up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
As far as I’m aware the applications are legit, the research still has to go through all the rest of the process to be worked into actual products. Assuming it stands up.
The cpu heat stood out to me the most. I've been out of the semiconductor industry for a decade, but my recollection is that resistance is not the only factor in heat. Quantum tunneling is a factor as well. I'm not sure how much.

Also, just because you can create something easily in the lab doesn't mean it can be easily used in the complex chip fabrication processes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The cpu heat stood out to me the most. I've been out of the semiconductor industry for a decade, but my recollection is that resistance is not the only factor in heat. Quantum tunneling is a factor as well. I'm not sure how much.

Also, just because you can create something easily in the lab doesn't mean it can be easily used in the complex chip fabrication processes.
I eagerly await confirmation studies. On its face it comes across as quite interesting given how lacking in heavy costs and how simple of a process they describe to achieve this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This would be one of the worst disasters for mankind. Can you imagine how fucking smug NDGT would be.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users