Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider

So an ASIC for a specific neural pattern (in this case heart monitor sensor data) to be more agile. You'd think there will be tons of this going forward where specific AI solutions are found and of course would be more efficient than modeling it via software (think how much more potent crypo miner is to using a GPU to do the work). Incorporating that into a wearable/edge device makes a lot of sense though.

I'm sure no one would ever use that to make something like this!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So an ASIC for a specific neural pattern (in this case heart monitor sensor data) to be more agile. You'd think there will be tons of this going forward where specific AI solutions are found and of course would be more efficient than modeling it via software (think how much more potent crypo miner is to using a GPU to do the work). Incorporating that into a wearable/edge device makes a lot of sense though.

I'm sure no one would ever use that to make something like this!

Any tool can be used for good or awesome.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
As much as I like to read that sort of articles, fuck these bloated website. Even with adblocker you have like 3 sentences, empty spaces, 2 sentences, empty spaces, etc.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For decades, scientists have been baffled by two large, mysterious blobs in Earth’s mantle. These rock formations are thousands of kilometres long and slightly denser than their surroundings, hinting that they are made of different material than the rest of the mantle.

New computer modelling supports a dramatic origin story for these strange blobs: they are artefacts of a gargantuan collision 4.5 billion years ago between early Earth and another young planet — the same collision thought to have formed the Moon1. The modelling suggests that this violent encounter caused material from the impacting world, called Theia, to embed itself in the lower half of Earth’s mantle. The collision also caused some of Theia’s remnants to be flung into orbit; these eventually coalesced into the Moon.
Since the bulk Moon has higher Fe content than Earth's mantle, the impactor's mantle may be more iron-rich, making it denser than the background mantle. This extra density could cause the mixture of molten and solid Theia blobs to descend to the core-mantle boundary quickly.

We last conducted mantle convection simulations to show that these dense Theia materials can persist atop the core for Earth's entire evolution, ending in two isolated mantle blobs. Their size and calculated seismic velocities align with seismic observations of the two blobs.
Even the planets are what they "eat"

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Nukes aren’t real and are used as a fearmongering tactic to control the population. Big bear has some good info on this that I will post soon.

IMG_4153.jpeg

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Nukes aren’t real and are used as a fearmongering tactic to control the population. Big bear has some good info on this that I will post soon.

View attachment 498683
If I were to go along with this (I don't), can you explain to me how nuclear power plants work via nuclear fission then? If nuclear bombs are fake, then nuclear power plants are fake. So what is in those reactors?

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
If I were to go along with this (I don't), can you explain to me how nuclear power plants work via nuclear fission then? If nuclear bombs are fake, then nuclear power plants are fake. So what is in those reactors?
Nuclear power is very real

Nuclear bombs are fake.

Before you reply just watch this video. Big Bear debunks boomers.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Nuclear power is very real

Nuclear bombs are fake.

Before you reply just watch this video. Big Bear debunks boomers.

That 10 minute video didn't debunk anything. He just said we're all stupid for believing it, he didn't actually explain anything. Nor did his super-scientific breakdown of "uranium rods are just hot and boil water" do anything at all to disprove radiation.

I have an idea. How about he goes and stands next to some naked uranium rods for awhile (not close enough to burn up, but closer than you should be without protection) and we'll see if he gets radiation sickness and cancer or not. I'm sure he'd be willing to do that, since there is no risk and it is all a hoax, right?

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fuck me, I just realized we're ramping up to Asshat voting, and this is clearly one of Foler's angles.

That doesn't mean that Owen Benjamin isn't a fucking retard about this, but yeah, I'm an idiot for engaging. Don't mind me, nothing to see here people.
Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

• 1Truth!

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
That 10 minute video didn't debunk anything. He just said we're all stupid for believing it, he didn't actually explain anything. Nor did his super-scientific breakdown of "uranium rods are just hot and boil water" do anything at all to disprove radiation.

I have an idea. How about he goes and stands next to some naked uranium rods for awhile (not close enough to burn up, but closer than you should be without protection) and we'll see if he gets radiation sickness and cancer or not. I'm sure he'd be willing to do that, since there is no risk and it is all a hoax, right?
Prove to me that they exist. You’re making the claim such thing exist. All I see is something that makes heat. That’s all it is. Hiroshima was bombed but those weren’t “nukes”

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Prove to me that they exist. You’re making the claim such thing exist. All I see is something that makes heat. That’s all it is. Hiroshima was bombed but those weren’t “nukes”
That was a hydrogen bomb, nukes are 100x more devastating. Also the camera thing is stupid for one it could be a camera mounted on a fucking telescope for all you know. You cannot tell where the fuck the camera is and its dumb to assume the thing is just there on a fucking tripod. Durr

Russian one...

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
That was a hydrogen bomb, nukes are 100x more devastating. Also the camera thing is stupid for one it could be a camera mounted on a fucking telescope for all you know. You cannot tell where the fuck the camera is and its dumb to assume the thing is just there on a fucking tripod. Durr

Russian one...
Oh, and why is the camera engulfed in a dust cloud?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So all the bombs in storage are fakes?

Also pretty sure the amount of explosives it would take to make fireballs that size wouldn’t fit into the packaging/bomb casings they drop in tests

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Also pretty sure the amount of explosives it would take to make fireballs that size wouldn’t fit into the packaging/bomb casings they drop in tests
Those "bombs" are stored on the set they used to film the fake moon landings and where they store the "aliens".

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

Real bomb but nothing nuclear about them