Skyrim

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I snabbed the Special Edition (all expacs) for 40$ and look forward to getting the remaster for free as a result.

I checked out a bunch of 4k mods for it but none of them look right. I just tried out the build I wanted to play for the remaster for a while (bound axe/summon zombie etc orc). Definitely ready to play through this one again in an officially remastered state.

Essential mods for vets I think are deadly dragons and...... there's a few that actually add races to the game? Looked interesting.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I checked out a bunch of 4k mods for it but none of them look right. I just tried out the build I wanted to play for the remaster for a while (bound axe/summon zombie etc orc). Definitely ready to play through this one again in an officially remastered state.

Essential mods for vets I think are deadly dragons and...... there's a few that actually add races to the game? Looked interesting.

Last time I played I had 230 mods loaded up. It took me around three days just to get everything stable enough that Skyrim wouldn't crash. That was with mostly 1k texture mods, nothing really high def thanks to the engine limitations.I am definitely looking forward to the 64 bit upgrade.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So the talk of the town is apparently whenever they (community or whoever is going to do it) are going to get the script extender working for the remaster. The guestimate is that it will take between a month or many months.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Enderal is pretty awesome so far. The environments are great. the only thing i dont like is needing a book for every skill up.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going to add a +1 for the Enderal conversion. Really liking it. Beautiful, huge game that is so far significantly superior to Skyrim. Would recommend.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I picked this up last week, great game, difficulty is spot on.

I started out on Iron Path but ended up dropping to Master because I found myself cheesing the AI to get through some of the fights. Rats were 2-shotting me etc.

Sulrn

Deuces
From what I've seen so far I'm not so sure the ratio of ball busting to fun is quite right. Definitely worth trying though (I miss some of my other mods).

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Been playing this on and off for two years. Quite possibly my favorite open world game, or favorite, period. The replay value is great. Tremendous bang for your buck.

Off topic a bit, but the graphics for Oblivion were the best I'd seen up to that time. When I first left the sewers and stepped out into Cyrodiil... this old meme was precisely my impression

3J3ZU.png

Not so much the weed part, but definitely the landscape

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I finally tried Enderal and it reminds me very much of Gothic/Risen, however I find it really bloody hard to spot important stuff in the environment - I don't know if they overdid it with the foliage or something, but spotting an enemy unless he's hitting me in the face is almost impossible.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
To the top, fam!

So Skyrim remastered just dropped on PS4 not long ago, including mods.

I was going to pick it up until I saw it was $60.

I've already played the shit out of this on Xb360, but never with mods (and I don't like playing on pc).

Worth?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
On PS4? Not a fucking chance if Sony's restrictions on Mods for Skyrim is the same as it is for Fallout 4.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If you've already played it, you've already played it.

Only worth it on pc if you already owned Skyrim on Steam, since you got it for free anyway.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
A lot of the mods are still functional. The only ones that are really broken right now are the ones that use SKSE, and you'll be waiting a long time for those, and any mod that has packed their files into a .bsa file since Bethesda changed the way .bsa files are read. Once the Creation kit releases next week the .bsa issue should be fixed for any mod that bothers to repack their files.

The SKSE dependent mods are another matter. The mod authors say it's going to be a hefty job since Skyrim SE is using a mash of old Skyrim and the new Fo4 engine. They still don't have a fully functional scripting plugin for Fallout yet so we could be waiting for a year or more on Skyrim sadly. The SkyUI author has already said he's probably not going to bother updating his mod and is offering it to anyone who wants to take it over.

Edit: Also ENB will be limited compaired to the OG Skyrim. That dev says that Bethesda has done something fucky with the new Fo4 engine that makes it impossible to implement all the features he had in OG Skyrim.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you've already played it, you've already played it.

Only worth it on pc if you already owned Skyrim on Steam, since you got it for free anyway.
I picked it up like a year ago on steam for under $10.

I spent about 30 minutes on it, but I just don't like playing at the computer. I like it on console.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
On PS4? Not a fucking chance if Sony's restrictions on Mods for Skyrim is the same as it is for Fallout 4.
Why? If you're talking about the rape & nudity mods, I really don't give a shit about those.

I just don't know what mods are out there.
If I could actually sandbox build my own village or something, that would be worth it to me. No idea if thats a thing or not