Skyrim

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started playing through skyrim again, that real clouds mod is amazing, not only does it make the weather outside look amazing, but the fog inside caves and whatnot look amazing as well. Just yesterday I was running through a crypt that you are following a ghost and I'd swear sometimes you could see faces moving in the fog, like a ghost. It just added a whole new element to it.

I keep finding myself stopping to take screenshots, and while the screenshots look very nice some things you just can't capture in a screenshot like flowing water, rain drops hitting water, or being caught in a blizzard. Game is almost 2 years old and it looks amazing, add mods and it becomes phenomenal.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just an fyi for those of you new to BOSS make sure you are running BOSS from within mod manager. Same goes for SKSE,SBW,REPROCCER,FNIS,AUTOMATIC VARIANTS,etc. Basically run everything from inside mod manager. It makes fixing or reinstalling mods a breeze. Also remember your skyrim.ini and prefs are run from inside mod manager.

If using ASIS and SKYRE remember to run AS IS.without SKYRE enemy ai checked and then enable it and the newly created asis patch after.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I run 83 mods in skyrim ( some that have been mentioned here ) however no leveling changes or travel changes. Mostly graphics ( it could crush many PCs ), added models for armor, bodies, faces, added dungeons and mob difficulty stuff.

This one however is pretty damn cool as i wanted to play a stealth mage.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12637/?

Sneak Attack With Spells ... its not super OP either at least with ice spike which i use for the mostpart.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I did have a though on a mod i was looking for I wonder if anyone has seen. I want D&D non combat skills in skyrim like talking your way around quests rather than fighting. Since it is a travel game for the most part I would love to see things like tracking / survival ( noticing mobs at further distance ) .. .stuff like that. Although I think with a mod like this you would have to beef up the encounters as well.

Anyone seen a similar animal ?

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
What we should really just fucking do is make our own mod compilation since skyrim nexus won't allow it so people can just google "mod compilation" find us, download and install it in about 30 fucks seconds.
Definitely. I was just getting interested in a new Skyrim playthrough today and after reading this thread I gave up.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I considered trying once, but then I finished that playthrough of the game and my interest dropped off a cliff.

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
After wrapping up some big deadlines at work I thought I'd treat myself to a new Skyrim playthrough to check out the new DLC's. Ended up going through the full STEP and GEMS process. That motherfucker took me two fucking days to get right. Things are running and looking like a dream now though, and although it's for from perfect, the SkyRe revamp mod I'm using does its job reasonably well. But jesus, two days man, fuck.

Anyway, if anyone found any cool new shit since september, let me know!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Did the same thing last weekend basically though it took me all Saturday (til midnight) to get everything working, and by that time I was too tired to play lol. But that's one of the joys of Bethesda games, you work real hard at getting all the lovely mods to work, which can be a pita when you're trying to sort conflicts and wondering why your 12 year old kawaii catgirl waifu is bald but once you get it all going it's just a joy!
smile.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Spent the last week doing something I haven't really done in a Bethesda game before - using Followers. I've typically just wanted to solo since I've had issues with Followers before. So I installed a bunch of Follower mods to try and make it a less painful experience. But no, the only good thing about them is they allow you to play at a higher difficulty level and they can carry more shit for you. Other than that, god they're annoying! Probably the most annoying aspect are traps. I walk past a trap on the floor of a dungeon just to have my head roasted by a flamethrower when my Follower blindly walks over the pressure plate! /rage

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Try playing thief, followers become unusable because they just stupidly charge in the moment you don't oneshot something.

Spent the last 2 weekends playing Dragonborn, Skyrim was definitely at it's best when you visited the Daedric realms, normal dungeons became boring, they never tried too hard to kill you, but the Apocrypha managed to throw a few curveballs my way. Then you just open your inventory and down 10 health potions and carry on ...

If there is something they need to do in the next installment, it's tossing out the stupid fortify/damage/resistance system they are using now and repalce it with something bit more like, say, D2 or vanilla WoW, or just gut it completely and go with Dark Souls. Basically every weapon does the same thing, it only differs by your skill and it's damage number and elemental enemies are so rare you don't need resistance in your normal gear. Then you have the whole gear swapping metagamae to get the most out of your tradeskills.

I can live with lvl 100 talents essentially breaking the game, that's why they should take so long to get, but the whole itemization is really bloated and needs some trimming.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Question for you guys:

Going to start a Skyrim Lets Play this weekend, going for a fairly challenging LP, Legendary difficulty, disabled dev console, disabled fast travel, etc. What mods,if anywould you guys like to see in a LP?
Would it be lame if I used things like Necromage Vampire?
Would it be lame to play an Orc or Breton?
Would mods like Frostfall etc enhance or detract from your interest in a Skyrim LP?
Any other input would be great, thanks.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Never understood let's play videos. I'd rather people take the ~8 hours they produce and turn it into a 5 minute clip of the highlights like what Robbaz does.

Anyway, if you're going to go for a challenging LP you should play a female and get the mod where when NPCs defeat you they get rapey.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Never understood let's play videos. I'd rather people take the ~8 hours they produce and turn it into a 5 minute clip of the highlights like what Robbaz does.
Thats sort of the plan, edit out unnecessary bullshit, loading screens, travel time and what have you.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Anyway, if you're going to go for a challenging LP you should play a female and get the mod where when NPCs defeat you they get rapey.
No Tuco, you gotta take it a step even further and get the bestiality rape mod.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Frostfall could be interesting, but you probably need to play with a bit to avoid stupid deaths

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've been watching Gopher's Skyrim LP where he uses Frostfall and that Realistic needs mod (need to eat, drink and sleep etc) and it's quite fun to watch. Wouldn't want to play it though.