So Los Angeles sucks

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
If you live in Marina del Rey, you rarely leave Marina del Rey because it has all the things you need
No, you won't leave Marina Del Rey because that would require taking Lincoln, aka, the worst street in America. =P

I'm considering a position in Downtown (I live in Playa Del Rey) and the only way I can talk myself into it right now is treating myself to a really nice new car. I'd be giving up about a 5 mile round trip commute for a better work environment and about another 15k in salary.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've lived in a lot of major cities, Phoenix, LA, London, Amsterdam, and Detroit while growing up, and LA has always been my favorite. It's definitely not a city for everyone, the diversity of the city eats people alive that can't handle it, but for my interests it provides everything I could ever want plus more. As for transportation, I just use Uber for almost everything, beats driving or public transportation.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
And now we're getting 14 acres of Star Wars added onto Disneyland. Granted that's in Anaheim but that's basically an LA suburb anyway, suck it bitches.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We went to Disneyland that week and I got sick as fuck the week after. It lasted until almost February. I'm glad it wasn't measles, but I was scared it was for a while.

My coworker's husband is a sheriff in Marina del Ray and always made fun of the people who lived there because they have a false sense of security. He'd talk about how they'd get a call for something like a car break-in and be all, "but this is such a safe community!" without realizing that just across the 405 is Inglewood.

The only way you could convince me to live in LA would be if I were no more than like 10-15 blocks from the beach.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
No person living in the Marina or any of the beach communities would say it's perfectly safe, if they did then they're just stupid. As a guy I never thought much of it until we had kids and is why we moved out of the area as you can't watch them 24/7.

Tenks

As a grown man I've never once thought "It would be fun to go to Disneyland."

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Funnily enough I used to have a co-worker who even into his 50's if he was having a really shitty work week would just go sit at Disneyland to cheer himself up. People just love that place, it's crazy. They keep jacking up ticket prices to try to even out the amount of people at the park so ride wait times aren't crazy but no matter the price they still hit capacity on almost every day. My parents have had season passes for themselves and my kids for 5 years now and now that my kids are big enough to do most if not all of the rides at Magic Mountain they aren't as interested in going, yet my mom doesn't really want to give them up even though it's a $3000 yearly expense for her at this point.

Tenks

My friend at work went to the Florida version for a week as his honeymoon. Why on Earth would you go to fucking Disney as your honeymoon is beyond me. Why you'd go there unless you have like a 7 year old kid is also beyond me.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
No person living in the Marina or any of the beach communities would say it's perfectly safe, if they did then they're just stupid. As a guy I never thought much of it until we had kids and is why we moved out of the area as you can't watch them 24/7.
I'd say that's only really accurate north of the Marina though. I've never had/heard of any issues in PDR, El Segundo, Manhattan, etc. The only area I hear of having trouble is Dockweiler and that's because the homies just drive down Imperial to hit the beach. That whole place should be napalmed.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Can someone tell me what "West LA" means? Like what part of town (west, obv, but more specifically), what the cost of living is like, etc.?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Can someone tell me what "West LA" means? Like what part of town (west, obv, but more specifically), what the cost of living is like, etc.?
Brentwood/Westwood/Santa Monica/Venice/Culver City and the parts of Los Angeles that are near those areas are west LA. Cost of living is high, but when you don't live in the actual name brand cities like Santa Monica but the parts of Los Angeles that are near it you get a lot of the benefits but with a cheaper cost.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If I lived there, "west" LA is where I'd want to be. I'd assume that means west of the 405. Which are really the best parts of LA. Based on my many, many LA experiences.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I went to Disneyland for the first time at age 28. It was pretty fun. Haven't been back though.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
How did it take until page 4 for someone to post this? I feel ashamed that I didn't think of it myself.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky,
followed by meteor showers and tidal waves,
followed by fault lines that cannot sit still,
followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Wife and I are heading to LA next weekend for a full week. We're actually planning to stay away from actual LA as much as possible though. Plan is to hit Santa Monica the first day and Hollywood and then staying away from LA if we can help it. We also want to hit Disneyland as well (yes we are those weirdos without kids).