<Banned>
the actress' name is angry rice

4Y5irRP.png

XaxMTUV.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
last i heard it takes place like, the day after avengers. no one has given any information on how that's possible, obviously, but there's been a few official-ish places that have stated that.

i'm having sort of a hard time being excited for this as well. i don't have the characters or the world, but i think it's time to start making the MCU much more loosely connected. they should still be in the same universe, but it's hard to have some rando mob boss mean anything when the hero just beat Cosmic Entity the Destroyer last week.

Not everything needs to be a world ending villain, having them all do their own thing then team up when they need to is perfectly fine. Besides Thor nearly killed Thanos single handily, the next movie will be resetting the timeline more than it will be fighting Thanos in any capacity.

I'm more excited they are doing classic Mysterio, fishbowl and all. This is something Sony would have never done without Marvel being very involved, plus it beings us closer to Doctor Octopus

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This is going to be good. I'm just curious if they'll stay away from Hydroman and Sandman references and just leave these as elementals under Mysterio's control? I know a lot of people are thinking these could be classic villains and set us up for Oscorp. I have also heard they are staying away from Stark/Avengers tower has it's been bought by Oscorp.

Who knows... so much speculation. I'm feeling more and more that Captain Marvel will be an afterthought. The best of Captain Marvel will be in Endgame and everything ahead appears to be more interesting. I wish Captain Marvel would release earlier to we our appetite a bit to hold us over but i'm just thinking about Endgame and now... Spiderman.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
the actress' name is angry rice

4Y5irRP.png

XaxMTUV.png
I knew I recognized her from somewhere! The Nice Guys, and Our Final Hours were both pretty good. She seemed really fucking young in those though, man how time flies (says she is 18 on IMDB).

I'm a Marvel fanboi so it looks great to me. I cringed at the "So I have value?" line, but at least they pulled it back and hopefully it won't really be a thing throughout the movie. I guess I get how people aren't super excited for all the Marvel movies, but I'm ready to ride this train as far as it will take me. I used to despair that special effects weren't good enough to let me forget about them when I was younger, and now we're at the point where I believe a giant purple man laid fucking Iron Man out with one punch. That's just fucking amazing to me, and I don't want it to ever end. As long as the stories are remotely decent and entertaining, I don't see myself not being excited.

• 1Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
So two "spoilers" in the trailer.

thanks, gonna skip all MCU related trailers until I see End Game. I mean, we know Spiderman is coming back, but i rather pretend I don't know that going into the next movie. Knowing which actors have movies left on their contracts and don't is too much as it is.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The initial statement was this movie started immediately after Endgame.

That trailer doesn't really establish _when_ this is, though the suit tech seems beyond what he has at the beginning of Infinty War.

If Marvel employees the nuclear option and rewrites the timeline, then this can literally start the second after Endgame ends and leave audiences guessing what the status quo is given Mysterio.

I don't think normies will assume Syndrome.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So I don't know nothing from comic books (the last comic book I read was in the early 80's and I was an X-Men, Conan, fan back then) but I have read this thread.

And let me just say, with respect to Mysterio, the sheer way they have Jake looking in that clip implies he is the villain. Jake G has the unique ability to adjust his appearance from soft, harmless kitten to angry badass - and that was his angry badass look.

So taking this thread and that observation, it seems clear. But as you guys said, the masses won't know.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly, that's my thought. i think it's so heavy handed that he's a bad guy in a reverse psychology kind of way. here's my theory, though maybe i'm just off my rocker. i think marvel is banking on people knowing who mysterio is, and those who don't will ask others who do. it's a wasted reveal. marvel has a tendency to show false information in their trailers so it's weird to show mysterio in this light when it's OBVIOUSLY misleading.

my thought is that mysterio isn't pretending, he actually does have powers and actually WANTS to be a hero

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
honestly, that's my thought. i think it's so heavy handed that he's a bad guy in a reverse psychology kind of way. here's my theory, though maybe i'm just off my rocker. i think marvel is banking on people knowing who mysterio is, and those who don't will ask others who do. it's a wasted reveal. marvel has a tendency to show false information in their trailers so it's weird to show mysterio in this light when it's OBVIOUSLY misleading.

my thought is that mysterio isn't pretending, he actually does have powers and actually WANTS to be a hero
This is often a much better way to handle a character than the blatant "he's evil!" approach. I have hated Jake Gyllenhall since Donnie Darko, but hopefully they do what you guys are suggesting with Mysterio, and despite my hate I know JG can pull it off. That's why Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor in Smallville is one of my favorite villains of all time. Sure, they had him do stupid or "evil" shit occasionally, but by and large he was always trying to do the right thing, he was just cutting corners a true "hero" wouldn't have, or getting caught up in situations he shouldn't have, etc.

This scene is one that always stuck with me. The Kent family had been kidnapped, and Clark had begged Lex to do whatever it takes to save them. I forget the specifics of the episode, but I think the kidnapping was tangentially caused by shitty things the Luthor family (probably his dad, Lionel) had done, that Lex might not have even been aware of. And something about the rescue ends up making Lex look bad, I think, even though he was only trying to help his friend. But the difference between the happiness and love that the Kents have is starkly contrasted with the shitty family Lex has, and was a perfect example of yet another way that Lex tried to be good and heroic and rise above, but things around him constantly pulled him back down. That is what made this version of Lex the best one that's ever been portrayed, in my mind, instead of the ones that are evil just because.

Might not make a lot of sense when you watch it as a clip, but it was extremely powerful the first time I watched it on TV.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

dude, michael rosenbaum was BY FAR the best lex.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And Kristin Kreuk was an amazing Lana Lang (character made for the show). She's sexy as fuck. Even better that she got wrapped into that sex cult with Chloe (Allison Mack).

j00t

kristin kruek is absolutely terrible at everything other than just sitting there and looking pretty.

• 1Solidarity