Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
First off. There are events after the credits so don't end the Episode there. Hopefully everyone watches after the credits.

There are only 3 episodes left. (Ugh)

Oh yea I watched the end. It's hard for me to quantify it exactly, but this episode really made me feel for the main characters. They very obviously don't think human in the way the approach their issues, but somehow it's endearing and really makes me feel for them and what they are trying to do. If this show keeps it up, it might break into my top tier of anime, the ones where I truly feel for/am invested in the characters, but it's not there yet. Only other ones I can think of in this tier are cowboy bebop and inuyashiki.

It really is the surprise of the season for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hilarious episode of Dragon House Hunting this week. The Dark Dragon is fucking awesome. lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Wtf is going on with vivy. That was like a recap episode I think, but it was actually really good. Recap episodes are supposed to be skipped.
Couple of things.
one of the things that happened was that a AI was able to write song out of their free will. I think this is was a first as no AI had done this before. Second they failed the singularity project and war broke out in the the future. However the music that diva created seemed to be key to this new version of the war.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Holy fuckin depression, 86 is some CLANNAD next level shit.

I haven’t felt this bad watching anime in years but IMO it’s like how people would be irl.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I haven’t felt this bad watching anime in years but IMO it’s like how people would be irl.

Yeah, seeing 5 leave and then their memories of a full unit were brutal. The girl describing her childhood friend going to the 86 as she ignored their plight was powerful considering our world today.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

James Franco GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I avoided 86 because of some of the feedback here describing it as boring or uneventful. Big fucking mistake

Binged last night, def a great show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Throwing this here. For those of us that grew up in the 90s / 2000s with great anime.

Japan made a life size Gundam Seed Freedom Statue: (English Subs are coming) Great nostalgia from TM Revolution singing Invoke and Meteor which I still have on my song rotation to this day.

• 2Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Throwing this here. For those of us that grew up in the 90s / 2000s with great anime.

Japan made a life size Gundam Seed Freedom Statue: (English Subs are coming) Great nostalgia from TM Revolution singing Invoke and Meteor which I still have on my song rotation to this day.

There’s a new Gundam SEED movie coming out as well, Gundam SEED ECLIPSE, taking place between SEED and Destiny.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I avoided 86 because of some of the feedback here describing it as boring or uneventful. Big fucking mistake

Binged last night, def a great show.
86 is solid, but to me it's a show that kinda bounces around in quality. We'll see where it ends up for me, but it's definitely a show anyone into anime should give the ole 3 episode try.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I really dislike the calendar dates on every episode. It forces me to keep track of shit on a calendar. It is a very unfriendly way of letting us know that time has move forward.

I would have preferred a "3 months after Vladilena joined the team" as a better indicator of a time. The reason is because I don't remember what was the date of the previous episode, and i only get a 3 second time window to process the time difference between them.

I have watched every episode and right now I honestly cant tell you how long has Vladilena spent with the team. I know there was a new year in there somewhere, and snow so it has to be probable 6-?? months.

i shouldn't need an actual calendar to track the episodes and the timeline.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
A moment of happiness made the depression in this episode of 86 even better.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Obligatory whining about no spider in the spider show.
It was a poop episode. At least my mind was ready for it. I'll forgive the show if it delivers on its last few episodes.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
A moment of happiness made the depression in this episode of 86 even better.

Bruh. lol.

Very few shows can make you feel despair and anguish like this fucking show can. So fucking good.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Really enjoying SSSS.Dynazenon. It's a fun Ultraman/Voltron homage with some more serious side stories and a dash of Trigger absurdity. Solid upgrade to SSSS.Gridman.

• 1Like