Summer 2014 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just watched the first two episodes from the 1st season. I like it. Wasn't expecting it to be like .hack/slash or whatever, in that it's a video game. Good concept. I'll see how I like it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I just watched the first two episodes from the 1st season. I like it. Wasn't expecting it to be like .hack/slash or whatever, in that it's a video game. Good concept. I'll see how I like it.
Sadly, it peaks at ep3. Still good overall I think, but the lost opportunity for greatness bugs me ;p

Joe_sl

shitlord
I didn't expect it but Irregular is my favorite show atm. Will there be a second season of this or is it finalized with this one season?

Aldnoah has been super awesome so far but it's starting to feel alot like every episode is formulaic with a gimmicky villain every week.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
thing with sao is that it follow the lightnovels, so its bound to be slow at times. All in all, i think GGO arc is the one i like less of the arcs, its also quite short (as i dont think they ll be able to stretch it for 24 ep), on the other hand, underworld/allicization saga is quite long (prob the longest arc of sao), so im not really sure what they going to do. Prob they going to fit in mother rosario arc (my favourite togheter with underworld) after ggo and keep underword for season 3 (doubt tho 24 eps are enough to cover it, if they follow the novels line by line)? .

Bout mahouka, there is for sure materials for nother season or 2, as lightnovels are still going (yokohama arc goes in vol 6 and 7, right now is up to 13 with 2 more arcs and various flashback stories), so its possible.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sadly, it peaks at ep3. Still good overall I think, but the lost opportunity for greatness bugs me ;p
/disagree.
I disagree also. I'm on episode 11 now. He just got pulled into the Knights of Blood. Killed the PK guy and decided to marry the flash.
I was surprised that has hand grew back in the next scene. I was expecting there to be some sort of lasting side effect to cause her to care so much. Nope.

Still really enjoying the show, and it certainly did NOT peak at 3. In fact, it keeps getting better IMO.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, the world "ended" and his wife is still in a coma and she's marrying some pedo dude that doesn't like her.
That's where I'm currently at.

EDIT: Just started the next episode. "Fairies?" ...oh boy

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fairy world is "ok" if you liked the first part in sao, then you can finish fairy part pretty ok, but gun gale is pretty bleh.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
SAO was baller from start to finish!

That aside Haikyu!! is the shit too - it just makes me want more good sports anime like Ippo.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else expecting Slaine and Inaho to become the Princess' Terran Knights with Aldnoah activation? As good as the underdog mech vs. supermech Code Geass action is it would get very tiresome if they don't get some weapons and toys on equal footing.

Fadaar

That guy
Anyone else expecting Slaine and Inaho to become the Princess' Terran Knights with Aldnoah activation? As good as the underdog mech vs. supermech Code Geass action is it would get very tiresome if they don't get some weapons and toys on equal footing.
Maybe, but does she know how all that stuff works? Yes it's ingrained in all the descendents of the Vers ruler (whose name is long as fuck and I don't feel like looking it up) but if she doesn't know how the whole thing works then I don't know what good it would do. One of the best things about this show being an original work is we get to guess all the way to the end!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I am going to guess here that the fugitive boy in the ship gives them the ship, and with that new tech. The princess gives them the Aldnoah.

Akame ga Kill. Well THAT was out of fuckin no where.

SAO. Even a rabid fan such as myself has to admit, this shit needs to get past this whole gun shit.

HxH. All that training that Killua/Gon went thru we still see him running from his brother? Even if he is protecting his sister...

The Irregulars. This is my favorite this season. Great story.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hxh illumi is probably top 5 scary ppl around. when hisoka went to vote, he was scoping out all the hunters, most of the zodiac councils were around 80/100 then the rest of the hunters were like in the 30s at best, then came illumi, 95points. i'm guessing this is hisokas 100pt scaling of wanting to kill. also killua has a time limit, he has to be on the move.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Akame ga kill is going to be basically a kill fest, i really enjoy the show alot, its really nasty and going to be nastier. And no censorship is a plus. I dont get why they censor tokyo ghoul blood but on akame u get ppl eaten, cut in half etc np.

i expect they gonna install the aldnoah drive on the orange practice mech (krapp? w/e is spelled). The princess, since being royalty, can prob pass down the aldnoah power via gene therapy (w/e thye wanna call it) like the emperor and can prob summon that power directly into the mech as well? Also she should probably know how it work since its the heir of the empire if im not mistaken? The ship if its the same of last time, its basically a standard one or so she said in the 2nd(?) episode. Should have no aldnoah tech related.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Up to episode 21. He just beat the Salamander general guy by going dual wield. I'll be done this in no time. Still enjoying it. That said, I don't like the fairy world as much as I liked the original one.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone watch the Persona 4 anime? I just ordered a PS Vita to play through Persona 4 Golden and 3. Was curious if it'd ruin the game to watch the anime before playing through it, or if it sucks and to not watch it at all.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
hxh illumi is probably top 5 scary ppl around. when hisoka went to vote, he was scoping out all the hunters, most of the zodiac councils were around 80/100 then the rest of the hunters were like in the 30s at best, then came illumi, 95points. i'm guessing this is hisokas 100pt scaling of wanting to kill. also killua has a time limit, he has to be on the move.
If he's a 95...I wonder what the father and grandpops rank.