Summer 2015 Anime Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If there is a 2nd season of Rokka it will be more of the same mind games, although I hear they do get to some bad ass fights. Also, the spoilers I read on the eighth make the first mind game seem cheap and redundant.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So the latest episode of Gangsta was different. The 2 main characters were a no-show. But the troop of new hunters are really fierce and they kick ass rather effectively.

I really liked Arslan. It was nice giving him a big W. I enjoy that show.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Rokka. Zero plot advancement for 1 whole season. Wow.
The point of the show is the survival game. The intro is them all fighting each other. I seriously doubt they will ever fight the demon lord, because that's not the point of the show. If you're expecting plot advancement, I wouldn't hold your breath, because there's a good chance it will never come.

I mean, soon as they "solved" the mystery, another person showed up just to take us back to the "who is the double agent?"

That being said, whoever thought it was a good idea to replace cute bunny girl with chubby cow girl needs a kick in the balls.

21broya.jpg

vs
21lv24g.jpg

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ugh baby steps is over, and I don't see any proof there will be a season 3. Tis a sad day.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, same here, wife used to be massively into Tennis, grew up playing it (Training camps during the summer ect.), won a bunch of state championships. She still watches Tennis all year. She loved Baby Steps...really hoping they do a third season.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
The point of the show is the survival game. The intro is them all fighting each other. I seriously doubt they will ever fight the demon lord, because that's not the point of the show. If you're expecting plot advancement, I wouldn't hold your breath, because there's a good chance it will never come.

I mean, soon as they "solved" the mystery, another person showed up just to take us back to the "who is the double agent?"

That being said, whoever thought it was a good idea to replace cute bunny girl with chubby cow girl needs a kick in the balls.
Well yes and no imho. If you refer at this season, yes i do agree. If you refer at the story covered by the novels not at all. While the ''who's the betrayer'' wil be a reoccuring theme, the demons will take a very important role. In the novel right after this part thats been covered in the anime, the demons lieutanents ( guess the saints counterpart that works to ressurect the big boss ) will be introduced, with their own backstory and motivations and such.

Plot as a whole is way more deep than what transpired from the anime.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You would not have been able to execute everything so well? What does that mean?! Damn you, Overlord! (PS - I hope all of you watched the closing credits)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Such a good season. So many good shows. I can't remember a season this good in ages. Watching at least a dozen shows, and none of them are mediocre, I anticipate them all each week. Sad to see them end one by one.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Please tell me there's at least one more episode of Overlord to come! That fucking cliffhanger. I seriously think Shalltear ended up being reset to basic NPC status when they used that magic on her. Lord Ains plan is to get her back to being "real" and had to setup an intricate plan to do it.

Fadaar

That guy
Such a good season. So many good shows. I can't remember a season this good in ages. Watching at least a dozen shows, and none of them are mediocre, I anticipate them all each week. Sad to see them end one by one.
Ditto, prior to the season there was only a couple I was looking forward to and a lot of them really ended up surprising me. 11 or so shows I really liked and just as many more I watched to kill time.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yep, I feel the same as you two about this season. Only show that I picked up that I was really disappointed in was God Eater.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Please tell me there's at least one more episode of Overlord to come! That fucking cliffhanger. I seriously think Shalltear ended up being reset to basic NPC status when they used that magic on her. Lord Ains plan is to get her back to being "real" and had to setup an intricate plan to do it.
Yeah like Derkon said 1 more episode. I'm thinking I was right in my previous predictions about what would happen in these last two episodes. This one was amazing, though. That fight was fantastic in every way.

I don't think she waas reset to basic NPC status. Every time they showed it through her eyes while Ains was talking it was hazy and cloudy, and she seemed like she genuinely wanted to answer his question about her new master and whatnot but the person controlling her stopped that from happening. I would assume if she was reset to basic NPC status she wouldn't have sounded confused and puzzled on her reasons for attacking him, she would have just responded by attacking back.

As far as the cliffhanger, i'm guessing it's not a bluff. If I had to guess: one of the items he snatched up will let him fight physically with her, one of the items he snatched up will let him regenerate all his HP and MP (or a large amount, enough to win the fight) or he set something up to disguise his true MP and HP and actually has much more in reserve than she seems to think.

I still think in the last episode they're going to end it with a teaser of the first other player in the game with him and set up their next season to start that story.