Summer 2017 Anime Thread

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I watched a bit of Made in the Abyss out of curiosity. It is in interesting premise but no, I draw a line at watching an anime with kinder garden aged kids exploring.

Yo, the shit gets fuckin' grim dark later on. I read the manga up the latest chapter and was like whoa wtf? Makes me wonder if they are supposed to be teens instead of elementary school kids. Not sure how they are going to pull off the crazy shit on TV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Yo, the shit gets fuckin' grim dark later on. I read the manga up the latest chapter and was like whoa wtf? Makes me wonder if they are supposed to be teens instead of elementary school kids.
No, that is just Japan for you, and there are more extreme examples. Like "Now and then, Here and There" or NaruTaru. The latter starts like "cute twelve year old girl gets magical pokemon-like dragon" (with matching cutesy art style) and got so explicit in its gore and sexual violence that entire pages were cut from the english release.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Narutaru was damn brutal and unexpected. I remember it to be interresting (I've.only seen the anime ).
I'd expect abyss to be closer to here and there, now and then. Grim but not vicious.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's a new Gundam Build Figthers Battlelog series that started up today. I'm a little torn though. I absolutely LOVED seasons 1 and 2. Really good shows. But the new season introduces an artificial AI pilot. Meaning the Gunpla builders are no longer the one to fly their Gunpla. This puts in a disconnect. It's not as fun now. I just don't know. I'm only about half way through the first episode, but it doesn't have me from the get go the way the first two seasons did.

EDIT: Ok, now they're able to switch pilot AI's during the battle. While the series is neat in that it re-introduces characters we loved from past Gundam series, it's kind of stupid in its own way.

EDIT 2: I didn't realize this was only an 11 minute show. I guess that's another reason not to care as much about it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
There's a new Gundam Build Figthers Battlelog series that started up today. I'm a little torn though. I absolutely LOVED seasons 1 and 2. Really good shows. But the new season introduces an artificial AI pilot. Meaning the Gunpla builders are no longer the one to fly their Gunpla. This puts in a disconnect. It's not as fun now. I just don't know. I'm only about half way through the first episode, but it doesn't have me from the get go the way the first two seasons did.

EDIT: Ok, now they're able to switch pilot AI's during the battle. While the series is neat in that it re-introduces characters we loved from past Gundam series, it's kind of stupid in its own way.

EDIT 2: I didn't realize this was only an 11 minute show. I guess that's another reason not to care as much about it.

It's funny because the voice actor of the pilot Ribbons Almark is the same person who voiced Amuro Ray.

Char Aznable notices and says "I've heard that voice before!" and gets pissed off.

I sense a lot of inside jokes coming.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Princess Principal was awesome today.

But it's kinda weird that the story is not in chronological order.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Mordred is awesome as Saber in Apocrypha.

Now if we could get a Fate anime with Nero as Saber, that would be nice, umu.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Mordred is awesome as Saber in Apocrypha.

Now if we could get a Fate anime with Nero as Saber, that would be nice, umu.

Huh...this just reminded me I had forgotten to grab the last 3 episodes. I'm starting to wonder if I should even bother at this point.

I've liked Made in Abyss and Princess Principal so far, but Knights and Magic in on the verge of losing me. It just feels to rushed.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You're not kidding. They really ramped up the combat for this latest episode. The Elimination Chamber is under effect, and it's neat. I don't like how invincible Altair is though. She can't be touched by anything because of quickly spinning swords. That doesn't make sense. It works for the story, so I'm not worried about it. I can't wait to see what they have planned next week.

The only thing about this show that "really" bothers me is the stupid flying horse that makes motorcycle sounds. It's just dumb.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah Altair is a bit OP.

I thoroughly enjoyed Blitz' Creator this episode. She was kinda badass in a way.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Very good end to the Monogatari serie.

Kinda sad that it's ending after all these years, but glad that we had a light novel adaptation going from start to finish for once.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Knights & Magic looks like the second half of the season is where it gets serious. Still enjoying the hell out of it.

In Boku No Hero Academia trivia... the seiyuu who plays the part of Tsuyu is also the same one who played Tanya Degurechaff earlier this year in Youjo Senki. That actress has actually done a shitload of roles, and she's only 25.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The ride will never end as long as it prints money. Shaft and Kodansha seem to be commited to keep doing the anime as long as Nisioisin keeps wrting the light novels. And the next five light novels are already planned.
It's been confirmed that the next anime season is already in production.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
The ride will never end as long as it prints money. Shaft and Kodansha seem to be commited to keep doing the anime as long as Nisioisin keeps wrting the light novels. And the next five light novels are already planned.
It's been confirmed that the next anime season is already in production.

There is only Zokuowarimonogatari left that is really focused on Araragi I think.

All the tomes released since then (Orokamonogatari to Musubimonogatari ) are side stories with different point of views from what I've read.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

Kinda sad that it's ending after all these years, but glad that we had a light novel adaptation going from start to finish for once.

Time to binge watch the last couple of seasons then.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Time to binge watch the last couple of seasons then.

Don't forget the various short arcs and even Koyomimonogatari (short 12 episodes season each one being 10-15min long, mainly side stories but the last few link up to Owarimonogatari S2).
Good list if needed : List of Monogatari episodes - Wikipedia

Latest Fate/Apocrypha : The Assassin of Red has like the most ridiculous and less sneaky Noble Phantasm ever for an Assassin.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I have a decent amount of watching to do. I stopped watching after bake season 2 because I love to binge.

• 1Like