Summer 2017 Anime Thread

Malkav

French Madman
I know what you mean. Don't forget the movies either haha.

I got into Symphogear with this season because it's really over the top and the action is not bad.
While the only fansub team subbing it is trolling people by holding last week release for more than a week. Commie are a bunch of assholes.

So now I'm binging the first three seasons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Yah I'm going to have to go by the watch order that you linked. I'm assuming release order is over chronological?

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yah I'm going to have to go by the watch order that you linked. I'm assuming release order is over chronological?

Chronologically, movies happen first but I'd say it's better to watch it toward the end. I watched them just before the last triple episode (Ougi Dark) and it fit snugly.

Koyomimonogatari is mostly side stories peppered through the other arcs except the last episode that leads to Mayoi Hell directly.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
ReCreators was great. Finally some action. Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Blitz.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
You're not kidding. They really ramped up the combat for this latest episode. The Elimination Chamber is under effect, and it's neat. I don't like how invincible Altair is though. She can't be touched by anything because of quickly spinning swords. That doesn't make sense. It works for the story, so I'm not worried about it. I can't wait to see what they have planned next week.

The only thing about this show that "really" bothers me is the stupid flying horse that makes motorcycle sounds. It's just dumb.

I didn't even notice this until you pointed it out..now I can't not notice it lol.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been binging My Hero Academia and this anime is so great! I'm only up to episode 25 and none of the episodes have sucked!

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
There is only Zokuowarimonogatari left that is really focused on Araragi I think.
Well, in Shinobumonogatari Araragi (now a first year university student) goes off to investigate missing high school girls turning up as mummies with vampire bite marks. As it's the first book of the so called "Monster Season" I guess the coming books revolve around him following in the footsteps of the previous supernatural club (Oshino, Kaiki, Kagenui, Gaen, Teori).

In Musubimonogatari he has already graduated and is a police officer (fitting, as his parents are also both police officers) in the "Hearsay Department" established under Gaen. Senjougahara has broken up three times already with him, with a fourth time looming.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I'm done with the Symphogear catch up, just in time for Commie to finally release the episode that aired 10 days ago. Let's hope they'll be quicker on last week episode.

The concept and power ups may be ridiculous, but the show is kinda awesome. A lot of action, in 3 seasons and a half there wasn't an episode where I was really bored. I believe there is at least a fight per episode.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Shokugeki no Soma season 3 begins in October. It's going to be a 24 episode season. Woo!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Oh fuck yeah! Pants down, lights off, with a bowl of hot buttered popcorn in my lap! Such a great show/manga.

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Where did you see the confirmation of 24 episodes?
Just doing google searches for the 3rd season. Everywhere keeps mentioning it being a 24 run. I think it's an assumed thing now, mainly due to the subject matter that's going to happen next as per the manga. It's a longer stretch, similar to the first season.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Just doing google searches for the 3rd season. Everywhere keeps mentioning it being a 24 run. I think it's an assumed thing now, mainly due to the subject matter that's going to happen next as per the manga. It's a longer stretch, similar to the first season.

I haven't seen anywhere confirming it's 24 episodes yet and MAL still has it listed as unknown. It probably will be 24, but it's not guaranteed.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've been watching Gamers also, but don't recall seeing that. Maybe it's because I skip past the intro and outro.

Anyway, I officially revised my list of which shows I'm watching this season. Here's the full list, after eliminating shows that I watched just to watch something.

Sunday
  • Knight's & Magic - (Gunpla builder reborn)

Monday
  • Isekai Shokudou - (Restaurant in another world)
  • Koi to Uso - (Government arranged marriages)

Tuesday
  • Isekai wa Smartphone no Tomo ni - (Reborn in new world with magic and smartphone)
  • Nana Maru San Batsu - (Quiz show school club)

Wednesday
  • Boruto
  • Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e - (Elitest high school)

Thursday
  • Gamers! - (High school gaming club)
  • Konbini Kareshi - (7-Eleven high school romance)

Friday
  • Made in Abyss - (Cave divers/explorers)
  • Shoukoku no Altair - (Persian great war)

Saturday
  • Ballroom e Youkoso - (High school ballroom dancing)
  • Boku no Hero Academia
  • Dragon Ball Super
  • Re-Creators
So I've still been watching every show on this list. My favorite new shows of the season are:
Knight's & Magic - I know some of you don't like it, but I'm still all in. It really gives me an "Overlord" type of vibe. This little kid is so far above everyone else that it's amusing.
Isekai wa Smartphone no Tomo ni - Similar to Knight's & Magic. This kid can do everything, but has to try. Maybe a little like Log Horizon in that regard.
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e - The lead character is very interesting and so disinterested in everything. I look forward to seeing what happens.
Made in Abyss - This is a great fantasy show. They really developed it well.
Ballroom e Youkoso - It's probably because we're thinking about putting my daughter into dance class, but this show holds both my and my wife's attention. Actually, this is the only anime she's watching right now. I'm way more Otaku than she is.

Yeah, I guess those are my favorite. I still have a special place for that quiz show one & Gamers but these are my top tier.

EDIT: Gamers today was amusing, but not really about gaming. They're in their own heads about dating/friendship too much. The payoff at the end was good, though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like