Summer 2017 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
All things considered, that was a pretty weak cliffhanger for K&M. Other episodes have done much better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Out of all the shows, I look forward to ballroom dancing the most each week.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Siliconemelons Siliconemelons is this cooking anime really that good?

Lol its not an anime, its live action - I was just mentioning it as part of the netflix "original" content they have imported from japan etc.

Its not bad, its a typical travel food show with a fun narrative of the old guy and the free samurai with day dreaming segments here and there. Its something I can watch with the kids thats not a "kid" show and not "bad"

Samurai gourmet? I think that's the name.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just finished up season 2 of Little Witch Academia. That was some good shit. Netflix continues to deliver. And season 5 of their How to Train Your Dragon cartoon is up too.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Many thanks to whoever recommended Princess Principal. Took me a 2nd try to make it past the OP, but the show is very good otherwise. Little pissed about now BNH this week, but what can you do?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
All kinds of death in Re: Creators. I'll miss motorcycle horse the most.

Ballroom is going strong. It's a very entertaining show for being about dance. Like moon said, it sucks there was no Hero Academia this week. I heard they were late completing the episode, so they missed the window to air it or something.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Many thanks to whoever recommended Princess Principal. Took me a 2nd try to make it past the OP, but the show is very good otherwise. Little pissed about now BNH this week, but what can you do?

That was probably me. Glad you enjoy it. Show is a lot more dark than what could be expected from the OP.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
No if you saw all 25 eps or whatever that's all of it. I'm assuming he meant two seasons as in two calendar seasons.

Netflix cut that shit into two seasons for their release, with some time between the two. I assume that's what he meant.

Netflix licencing is ass for animes. The dumbasses can't even do simulcast, so if you want to follow a show they have licensed either you want a few months or you're stuck with fansubs.
Looking at you Fate/Apocrypha.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Fansubs are high quality for the big shows like Little Witch Academia or Fate, Netflix isn't really any better in that regard. Also was not aware that Netflix labeled it as 2 separate seasons, I caught it as it aired via fansubs :)

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Fansubs are high quality for the big shows like Little Witch Academia or Fate, Netflix isn't really any better in that regard. Also was not aware that Netflix labeled it as 2 separate seasons, I caught it as it aired via fansubs :)

Yeah fansubs are good, but they come with a 1 or 2 days delay (when it's not worse).

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Netflix can go fuck itself and Amazon can go to hell with it. Also Xarpolis Xarpolis Isekai Smartphone is my pick for so bad it's good anime of the season. It's hilariously bad.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Being that this is the Anime thread, hey Chysamere Chysamere is Mango Fanta still a thing in Japan? The last time I was there it was just coming out, and that shit was great. I've always wanted it since first trying it there, but no dice.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Being that this is the Anime thread, hey Chysamere Chysamere is Mango Fanta still a thing in Japan? The last time I was there it was just coming out, and that shit was great. I've always wanted it since first trying it there, but no dice.

It was a thing for like two weeks. Since then there's been peach fanta, strawberry fanta, lemon fanta, kiwi fanta, and like fifteen other types. No flavour other than orange and grape stays here for long.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That's one of those cultural oddities about Japan. They do *not* fuck around when they say Limited Edition. More often than not that is a once in a lifetime thing.

• 1Like