Tales of Arise

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've only played for about an hour, but the only issue I've had so far on PC is that the only way to exit the game is to alt-f4 it.

Streaming it through a shield pro works pretty damn well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I've only played for about an hour, but the only issue I've had so far on PC is that the only way to exit the game is to alt-f4 it.

On an xbox controller its the small button on the left (share button on ps4) that brings up the menu to return to title so you can exit. Pretty retarded location.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
On an xbox controller its the small button on the left (share button on ps4) that brings up the menu to return to title so you can exit. Pretty retarded location.

My 8bitdo pro2 defaulted to the xbox config but I could swear that button did nothing. Will have to double check when I get home.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My 8bitdo pro2 defaulted to the xbox config but I could swear that button did nothing. Will have to double check when I get home.
Might be a weird pad issue but yeah for me on a DS4 the "Start" button which is Options brings up a Return to title menu shit and can exit that way. That said alt F4 would be faster anyway, you load the movie and then have to press a button to get the main menu stuff to show up before you quit, so takes quite a while.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Might be a weird pad issue but yeah for me on a DS4 the "Start" button which is Options brings up a Return to title menu shit and can exit that way. That said alt F4 would be faster anyway, you load the movie and then have to press a button to get the main menu stuff to show up before you quit, so takes quite a while.
Only potential downside with alt f4 is you might prevent cloud sync for saves in steam if you utilize that feature.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Starting to question whether it was a good idea to play on the middle difficulty. Beat the first lord, but it cost all my orange gel and 3 life bottles to do it. Maybe it gets easier once you get 3rd/4th characters, but so far the score multiplier isn't making up for the ass-kicking I get anytime I screw up a dodge.

I definitely suggest going into settings and changing the input window to short as soon as you start playing too.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Am I just missing how to get up to this part in Iglia Wastes or is this a come back later thing? Wasting too much damn time lol

1631298692353.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to disable the combat dialogue (I find it super annoying to have the various characters calling out their skills each time), or will I need to disable all dialogue?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Is there a way to disable the combat dialogue (I find it super annoying to have the various characters calling out their skills each time), or will I need to disable all dialogue?
That exact thing was brought up in ACG's review and doesnt sound like it can be disabled.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only potential downside with alt f4 is you might prevent cloud sync for saves in steam if you utilize that feature.
I don't, I hate fucking cloud save syncing, shit will bug out rarely but when it does it fucks up all your fucking saves cause the cloud didn't sync properly and then overwrite your local saves with older saves for whatever fucking reason. I'm an old fuck, I just run a .bat file that does backups at the end of every day, just switch the directory of whatever game I'm playing at the time and just do it manually.
Starting to question whether it was a good idea to play on the middle difficulty. Beat the first lord, but it cost all my orange gel and 3 life bottles to do it. Maybe it gets easier once you get 3rd/4th characters, but so far the score multiplier isn't making up for the ass-kicking I get anytime I screw up a dodge.

I definitely suggest going into settings and changing the input window to short as soon as you start playing too.
I didn't use that much, but did use a fair bunch, I think it's pretty standard in Tales to use your items unlike some other games where you just hoard that shit. Items are common enough and generally fairly useless outside boss fights, so you can replenish a fair bit and after a little while you can start buying them with money. Mostly apple gels and life bottles though, only used 1 orange gel so far. You can change difficulty anytime though but personally I don't feel it's right if I can just go through the fight without using items in Tales.
Am I just missing how to get up to this part in Iglia Wastes or is this a come back later thing? Wasting too much damn time lol

View attachment 372017
Yeah pretty sure this is a go back later place, there's some red vines shit on the wall that seem like they have to be "grown" via a special power or some shit to climb there. There's another place soon after with the same vines that need to be grown. I noted them down in a text file so I don't forget about them, it's somewhat common in Tales to backtrack and revisit shit later(with enemies being replaced by stronger shit and what not). There's also some passage with a NPC in front saying they're protecting the area from the strong beasts in that next zone or some shit. I assume one of the chars will get an active map skill to grow them, you get active map skills for the MC and that girl once you get around the first boss stuff so I assume all chars have some power like that. Just need to make mental(or written) notes of them for later, plenty of stuff that just doesn't do anything and stuff(there's a fishing spot too but haven't unlocked fishing yet for example).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah pretty sure this is a go back later place, there's some red vines shit on the wall that seem like they have to be "grown" via a special power or some shit to climb there. There's another place soon after with the same vines that need to be grown. I noted them down in a text file so I don't forget about them, it's somewhat common in Tales to backtrack and revisit shit later(with enemies being replaced by stronger shit and what not). There's also some passage with a NPC in front saying they're protecting the area from the strong beasts in that next zone or some shit. I assume one of the chars will get an active map skill to grow them, you get active map skills for the MC and that girl once you get around the first boss stuff so I assume all chars have some power like that. Just need to make mental(or written) notes of them for later, plenty of stuff that just doesn't do anything and stuff(there's a fishing spot too but haven't unlocked fishing yet for example).

Yeah, I ran in to that area just after with the unfinished red vines which keyed me in to the same thing for that area.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
This shit has in game ads and you can't turn off combat voice? <_<

I'm pretty good w/ tossing out my fun bucks but ffs. I kind of want to wait for bargain bin solely for the ads thing no matter how intrusive.

Vorph

This shit has in game ads and you can't turn off combat voice? <_<

I'm pretty good w/ tossing out my fun bucks but ffs. I kind of want to wait for bargain bin solely for the ads thing no matter how intrusive.
Oh, it's MUCH worse than just the ads, or even all the cheater DLC that are some of the most egregious I've ever seen. That shit can just be ignored by people who aren't retarded.

What's on a completely different level is that each DLC costume comes with a title. The passives are mostly duplicates, but they stack with non-DLC versions to make them all that much better. The artes are 100% exclusive. Bandai Namco said nothing about it prior to release, and I didn't see any reviewers (who received Ultimate Edition codes) call them on it either.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I always ALT+F4 close games, but you can press start (or esc) then return to title screen, and exit from there, if you dont want to alt f4.

Game is extremely beautiful. Even with a 2080ti and monsterous PC, I can't run this on max at 4k. I get around 25fps or so, but its not because the performance sucks, it just looks that beautiful.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh, it's MUCH worse than just the ads, or even all the cheater DLC that are some of the most egregious I've ever seen. That shit can just be ignored by people who aren't retarded.

What's on a completely different level is that each DLC costume comes with a title. The passives are mostly duplicates, but they stack with non-DLC versions to make them all that much better. The artes are 100% exclusive. Bandai Namco said nothing about it prior to release, and I didn't see any reviewers (who received Ultimate Edition codes) call them on it either.
From what I read the DLC artes are just copies of midgame Artes, so not sure it's gonna impact that much, but the passives are definitely an additional advantage over a standard player, unless there's a cap to how much you can stack each stat(since even the normal skill trees have multiple of the same passives). Ultimately though unless postgame is super hard without them, it won't matter too much.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I found the return to title. Feel kinda stupid even though an exit game option should be somewhere.

Running this at close to max settings on a 1080ti at 1440p and it's a damn pretty game. The music is good, though the exploration music in the starter area was on a pretty short loop and got repetitive fast.

This shit has in game ads

WTF? I've only just beaten the first boss and I've yet to see any ads.

Vorph

WTF? I've only just beaten the first boss and I've yet to see any ads.
It's pretty hard to miss every time you camp...

From what I read the DLC artes are just copies of midgame Artes, so not sure it's gonna impact that much, but the passives are definitely an additional advantage over a standard player, unless there's a cap to how much you can stack each stat(since even the normal skill trees have multiple of the same passives). Ultimately though unless postgame is super hard without them, it won't matter too much.
Where did you see that they were copies? I haven't seen concrete proof one way or the other, just multiple comments/posts elsewhere saying that they are unique artes.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Checked out the pay2win DLCs on this thing. Yow. I like costumes and everything (prolly get a few of those in Berseria) but all of the "Add 10 levels for $3" stuff is nuts. Unless, maybe, it's a one-time, one-use kind of thing. And even then it's still kind of WTF. Berseria has some DLC like this but it's even worse here. I know it's all optional and it's easy enough to just ignore these things, but it robs the game of a lot of the sense of achievement when I know I can just go pay2win at any time. Like the way the FFIX remasters add a "hit enemies for 9999" button. Like why bother building up your characters and optimizing / min-maxing when you always know you're a button press away from wiping out a boss?

Whatever, it's "accessibility", I get it. Don't like it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's pretty hard to miss every time you camp...

Where did you see that they were copies? I haven't seen concrete proof one way or the other, just multiple comments/posts elsewhere saying that they are unique artes.
What I read and the names do sound like "Something Arte Name" which would just be a copy of "Arte Name" but available much earlier. I haven't really found the Artes yet though so can't compare.
Checked out the pay2win DLCs on this thing. Yow. I like costumes and everything (prolly get a few of those in Berseria) but all of the "Add 10 levels for $3" stuff is nuts. Unless, maybe, it's a one-time, one-use kind of thing. And even then it's still kind of WTF. Berseria has some DLC like this but it's even worse here. I know it's all optional and it's easy enough to just ignore these things, but it robs the game of a lot of the sense of achievement when I know I can just go pay2win at any time. Like the way the FFIX remasters add a "hit enemies for 9999" button. Like why bother building up your characters and optimizing / min-maxing when you always know you're a button press away from wiping out a boss?

Whatever, it's "accessibility", I get it. Don't like it.
These exist in every modern Tales, it's kinda whatever since there's a level cap, you just get there faster but mostly you trivialize early game which is somewhat pointless. Honestly these are the least problematic, if people want to cheat they can do it easily enough(on PC, not as much on consoles I guess) and it just saves a bit of time grinding, it's the other stuff specifically the unique Titles(and as such skill circle things) that are more egregious.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Can run this max on 4k but getting weird audio glitches - i cant tell if its my Sonos or what but i hooked up a PC to TV in MBR but the audio is weird - i looked up steam comments and seems its a frequent thing.