Terraria

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Beat Moon Lord on expert without dropping down to Normal at any point on a fresh character, and stayed ranged the whole time. Rough is a good way to describe it, and the Solar Pillar stuff is retardo mode. Died more there than anywhere else in the game combined. The fact you almost need to have every accessory with Armored/Warding on it until you access the next tier of content at each stage is kind of a downer, and a huge money sink. Even in Beetle Armor (second best defensively) you take an assload of damage from silly shit. And since all your mods are aimed at defensive stuff, as well as mobs increased defense/hp, you end up spending a lot of time on mobs until you outgear them by a significant amount.

Some of the expert rewards are cool... but in context, you need to get certain ones or you are just boning yourself completely. You get an extra slot after WoF, sure, but since you have to keep the Worm Scarf on or everything will two shot you... sort of ends up being a wash.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Ok. So apparently there are mods for terraria and they basically double the amount of content in the game.

I set up a server if yall want to join. PM me for details. Also there was a 1.3.x content patches this year.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Haven't played in like 4years or whatever so I'll be revisiting this once it releases.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Haveb't played in like 4years or whatever so I'll be revisiting this once it releases.
Once you replay this one, you should really check out the Calamity mod. It's pretty awesome (although it trivializes most normal bosses, so I advise against playing it in conjunction with a new playthrough if it's been a while).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did about 8 hours in a 2 player co-op. Just Skeletron and WoF left on normal. It was pretty fucking brutal to start, but we didn't die nearly as much as the streamers on early release day.

Pretty cool changes, but the whole "it's like a brand new game!" is a bit generous. I still think Calamity is significantly better overall. They essentially have thousands of items and dozens of bosses, whereas it took Terraria's developers 5 years to add 2 mini-bosses and maybe a couple hundred items.

Best change is the pylons though. Fuck running across the world.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, the graphic updates are pretty awesome. I've gotta say the biome changing keyboard shit is fucking cool also. Especially during boss fights.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Master Mode seems to be a bit on the brutal side; haven't spent much time with it (yay on-call paging from work resulting in several hours of weekend fun). Haven't had enough time to ponder it, though full coin loss is hilarious haha.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone want to get a group together? I haven't played Terraria in years.

Caliane

5162020 seed is an easter egg world gen.
(the release date)
the world will have crimson and corruption. As well as unique items, and other world gen oddities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Are they useful items or just nonsense?

I'm pretty far in to a world already and don't wanna have to reroll lol.