Terraria

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone got a trick for finding the slime queen summoning object? I feel like maybe my original large world just has too much hallow to search or something.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Beating the first hardmode boss is proving to be a fucking nightmare on expert mode.

My crew has farmed up full suits of adamantium and crafted some swords/cursed fire books but still just feels completely out of reach to actually kill destroyer.

Is there a stage of progression someplace after the new ores and before destroyer, or are we gonna have to try and cheese him with a flesh wall style sky platform?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really? Destroyer wasn't bad. Although I farmed up a Daedalus Stormbow.

The Twins however fucking wrecked me. Took me like 5 or 6 tries. I think doing Spazmatism first was the wrong choice. If you get stuck in his spew attack you're dead. Whereas Retinazer is just dodging.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I typically massively over-prepare with potions of all kinds, honey pits, etc...

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea we have ironskins, health pots, campfires up, some food made etc, but it's not been close at all. The damage he does is just unsustainable it feels like? With adamantium sets and another like 9-10 defense from trinkets there's just no amount of health pots/heart statues/regen you can stack that will keep him from just deleting people instantly.

Rime

<Donor>
Gotta build arenas, my man. Get some grappling hooks, honey pits, then all of the buffs and you zip around like a cracked out Spiderman. Piercing damage is huge for all Worm bosses/Destroyer, if you can get it. Also, make sure you kill the little drones, if you let too many of them spawn, they can end you right quickly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah if you haven't made one, make an arena, so you can see him coming more easily, should focus on dodging the head since it does stupid damage, rest of the body should be ok but the head does like 200dmg or whatever.

Basic arena should work fine for him, basically you put wooden(or whatever else) platforms, a couple screen wide(but you can go larger), then put like 3 or 4 levels of them so you can hook up and down too and not just run right or left. Then you put campfires, little pools of honey and heart lanterns everywhere(can put mana lanterns too and the new bastet statues if you have one), they have huge range so you generally only need 2 for large arenas. Put some sunflowers in range too for the movement speed buff. Can also make a small house for the Dryad for an additional armor buff(she might die to the worm though). Then obviously potions and buffs. You want the shield from eye of chtulu for the dash to get full speed instantly and hermes boots or better for movement speed(also movement speed pot).

And picking strong weapons for him will help too, anything piercing is stupid good, so are large aoes. Iirc if you have a shark tooth necklace you can also just use beenades if you have some left/mats to make some. It's annoying to farm them again since the jungle is upgraded in hard mode though but if you have a bunch and have some armor penetration they do stupid damage at this point of the game still.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I need to deep dive this shit this weekend.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

Didnt even know this was a thing added until a reddit post...

annoying hidden and huge potential effect of Luck...

1.Torches effect luck. +.2 luck, when within 42 tiles of a torch MATCHING the biome you are in. -.4 luck if within 42 tiles of a NON-matching biome.
(so carry and use jungle torches in the jungle.)

More arena stuff.
Sunflowers from the dryad give a move speed buff as well.
so, sunflowers(must be placed on grass or hallow), campfires, heart lanterns, star lanterns, honey pools.
Potions.
you mentioned iron skin.. but to be clear..
regen, restoration potion, endurance potion, lifeforce potion, rage potion, wrath potion.
archery, mana regen/magic power, summoning potion..
Theres a bunch of potions from fishing, you didnt mention...
(I dont think you can make flasks yet?)

I don't remember the specific progression for the destroyer. Daedalus Stormbow, I do remember being super op, and I think especially vs him.

if you find you are dying too easy. can also reroll all your equipment for "warding" and +4 defense on each of them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I've got a big platform arena made with campfires and the one heart statue I've got in it. I didn't even know heart lanterns existed so I'll have to get those added.

I think part of the problem is his health scaling in multiplayer and the bros I'm playing with being shitters. One of them was still using a meteor set and space gun etc, so the dps vs his health pool was just not lining up properly. I was able to solo him with no one else online without too much trouble using just ironskin/regen/archery/food with an adamantine repeater, so if the rest of them actually get some more realistic weapons we should be able to do it I think.

Caliane

oh, dryad also gives an aoe armor buff, and does her aoe damage attack. you can make her a house under the arena.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone have an extra key for this laying around? I would prefer to try it out before buying, even if it is only $10. Just not sure if it is my kind of game or not, but the overwhelming love for it has made me interested.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
oh, dryad also gives an aoe armor buff, and does her aoe damage attack. you can make her a house under the arena.

Speaking of NPCs, does it really matter where I house them? They have a happiness dialogue but I'm not sure if I gain anything by trying to build houses all over the map for them to live in their preferred biome?

Caliane

Speaking of NPCs, does it really matter where I house them? They have a happiness dialogue but I'm not sure if I gain anything by trying to build houses all over the map for them to live in their preferred biome?
from what I understand, it lowers their prices, and enables some of their more rare spawn sales.

Also the pylons, which need 2 npcs next to them I think?
so the pylons are pretty useful.
Dryad/painter/+witch doctor in the jungle, and boom you can teleport to the jungle at any time.
Angler/pirate in the ocean, boom can teleport to there at any time. (new magic conch also does that..)
goblin tinkerer/mechanic in Underground snow.

(not sure who is ideal for hell pylon, if any.) cavern, miner/tavernkeep probably.

So pylons allowing you to set up a network of teleports around the world is solid.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didnt even know this was a thing added until a reddit post...

annoying hidden and huge potential effect of Luck...

1.Torches effect luck. +.2 luck, when within 42 tiles of a torch MATCHING the biome you are in. -.4 luck if within 42 tiles of a NON-matching biome.
(so carry and use jungle torches in the jungle.)

More arena stuff.
Sunflowers from the dryad give a move speed buff as well.
so, sunflowers(must be placed on grass or hallow), campfires, heart lanterns, star lanterns, honey pools.
Potions.
you mentioned iron skin.. but to be clear..
regen, restoration potion, endurance potion, lifeforce potion, rage potion, wrath potion.
archery, mana regen/magic power, summoning potion..
Theres a bunch of potions from fishing, you didnt mention...
(I dont think you can make flasks yet?)

I don't remember the specific progression for the destroyer. Daedalus Stormbow, I do remember being super op, and I think especially vs him.

if you find you are dying too easy. can also reroll all your equipment for "warding" and +4 defense on each of them.
Geez, what a retarded fucking mechanic to add. It's apparently because Redigit didn't like people using the wrong torches. Awesome idea for a sandbox game you fuckwad.

As time goes on, I'm starting to also dislike the town mechanic. The pylons are awesome, but having all my people spread across the world is stupid.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

well, if you don't care about the pylons. you can just ignore it. or, make your village a bit larger, to space the houses out a bit. focusing on friends. its like 120 distance to clear.
can also create local biomes for their homes as well.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
In regards to pylons, I heard some streamer say the key was use two NPCs to get all of the pylons (most?). You get two NPCs happy because they are near each other, and only each other, and then you move those two around to each biome and get all the pylons. Once you have a pylon, you need two NPCs near one to activate the pylon put they don't need to be happy themselves, so you plop down any NPC other than your "happy pair" and it activates. I haven't verified this myself, but if you don't care about best prices this might be an easier way to get the pylons down for quick transport.

Caliane

yes that sounds right.

can only buy a biome pylon in that biome. any npc will sell any pylon, as long as they are in that biome.
can make them happy by matching friends.
need 2 npcs at a pylon to teleport to it, they don't HAVE to be happy.