Terraria

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh I actually didn't realize that... I guess i'll just go with the base game for my first total run through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hm is it even worth doing 1.4 if I'm not doing Master?

According to others master is just + HP rather than mechanics like Expert Mode so I don't think that's worth it IMO.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
1.4 does add a bunch of things, new items/weapons, a handful of new bosses (Empress of Light, during the day, one-shots you if you get hit - so it is a 'fun' bullet hell boss).

It is pretty much on par with a medium 'expansion' mod. Much smaller than Calamity or even SpiritualTools.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Fuck it, haven't played since 2016 so I'll just check it out and struggle through the crafting!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I played through like 20 hours with Tmodloader in Calamity/Thorium and some other stuff. Didn't even realize it didn't work with the latest version. I'll just base game through Journey's End as I wait for tmodloader to be updated and revisit it again down the road.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

still farming/prep pre-WoF.

iceskates took forever to find. (ice biome is quarantined from existing corruption now, but is still in direct path of the V from woF.. its going to get wrecked.)
Then turned my attention to trying to get a lava charm to make the terraboots.
two options for that. chest in lava spawning cavern layer. or fished up via obsidian crates.

Been trying the obsidian crate option.
To do that, you need to first collect hell critters. collected 10+ of those, while building more bridge to prep WoF.
first tried to fish in cavern lava, with a crate potion. went poorly. 10+s per line toss.. was odd. 2 obsidian crates for 2 crate potions... no luck.
so, I decided to try going to get a gnome statue. tried to farm a gnome near living tree wood. failed at that after 15min or so...
so, decided plan c. make a bunch of buckets, collect lava, and make a lava pool next to my jungle fishing hole. and get that torch luck.
This seemed to work. 5 obsidian crates in like 2 or 3 crate potions. no lava charm still, but DID get multiple endless lava buckets, the fireproof fishing hook, and some other decent cool stuff. fireproof hook means I dont need to bother with hell critters for bait, and can just use any bait now.
So still need to fish more. but should got much faster now.

still have not found a spider cave for stylist either.
no bast statues yet either. (didnt look TOO hard, or try fishing for em yet.)

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Where do you go outside of tmodloader to get mods to load into Journey's end?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
still farming/prep pre-WoF.

iceskates took forever to find. (ice biome is quarantined from existing corruption now, but is still in direct path of the V from woF.. its going to get wrecked.)
Then turned my attention to trying to get a lava charm to make the terraboots.
two options for that. chest in lava spawning cavern layer. or fished up via obsidian crates.

Been trying the obsidian crate option.
To do that, you need to first collect hell critters. collected 10+ of those, while building more bridge to prep WoF.
first tried to fish in cavern lava, with a crate potion. went poorly. 10+s per line toss.. was odd. 2 obsidian crates for 2 crate potions... no luck.
so, I decided to try going to get a gnome statue. tried to farm a gnome near living tree wood. failed at that after 15min or so...
so, decided plan c. make a bunch of buckets, collect lava, and make a lava pool next to my jungle fishing hole. and get that torch luck.
This seemed to work. 5 obsidian crates in like 2 or 3 crate potions. no lava charm still, but DID get multiple endless lava buckets, the fireproof fishing hook, and some other decent cool stuff. fireproof hook means I dont need to bother with hell critters for bait, and can just use any bait now.
So still need to fish more. but should got much faster now.

still have not found a spider cave for stylist either.
no bast statues yet either. (didnt look TOO hard, or try fishing for em yet.)
I wouldn't bother making the lava boots, it's a ton of work for not much since once you're done with the wall you're basically done with that place besides farming specific drops, and you can do that on your bridge anyway.

I moved on to hardmode, killed the wall 3 times for the emblem then figured I wouldn't be using it anyway so it was a waste of time. Started farming spiders but the caves I saw weren't big enough so taking way longer, luckily one was on top of hallow caverns so I've been farming souls of light and other hallow shit.

My Ocean Pylon turned off cause apparently the crimson grew closer or something not sure how it happened. Figured I'd farm some crimson shit, fell into a little pool of water and some near invisible shitty blood jellyfish hit me for 120 twice in a row, fucking hard mode.

Plan is to get golden shower for debuff, maybe flying swords pets if I can get see if it's better than spiders, watch for rain so I can get blizzards and get the frost wings and then whatever boss, best would be twins since their summon weapon is good, but they're also the hardest with spider summons so thinking maybe something else. Maybe I'll just fish for crates for ores too, fuck mining each new ore a bunch of times.

Caliane

nah, lava boots are part of the ultimate boots now.
Terraspark boots.

(there are several dead end boot lines, hellfire treads, from lava waders and flame waker boots. as well as the fairy boot line. of course.)

you get the forbidden armor? might help vs flying bosses?

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I know, but my point was that you don't really need waterwalking or lava walking or lava diving(but only for 7secs), I stopped at frostspark and I'm not gonna bother with the other side cause it's a pain in the ass to get the various parts and it adds kinda fuck all.

Caliane

ah ok.

lava walking should help with my lava pit arenas. making grabbing the dropped loot faster. but, wonder if it will ruin the honey regen pits..

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gravel Gravel how did you know which mods would work with journeys end?

This is what I want to stand up my server with (not in Tmodloader) as I want to play 1.4 and not 1.3.5

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 11.49.23 AM.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
ah ok.

lava walking should help with my lava pit arenas. making grabbing the dropped loot faster. but, wonder if it will ruin the honey regen pits..
Oh I guess, haven't done any lava arena, I feel if you're just going in to pick up loot and back out it won't matter too much.

Finished most of my preparations in HM and it hasn't fucking rained once. I want Nimbus and Frost elementals but can't get either, sucks. Also the fucking angler keeps giving me bullshit, I just want the tackle box shit so I can combine the other 2 and have one less accessory to move around. And fishing on sky islands is now fucking stupid in HM cause wyverns just spawn and go through walls.

Caliane

lava and traps are good for alot of the events. Def made use of that in my last expert run.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
word of warning about upgrading to Terraspark, they interfere with your ability to use a honey pit in battle arenas.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fucking Skeleton Prime is kicking my ass, 4 tries down the drain so far. Main issue is I can either stay super safe when he spins, very easy to do, but then I move too far and my minions are fucking around and I get very little damage done after he stops, or I can use wings to circle him but if I get hit by one of the hands I get knocked back into the skull and stun locked. I'm probably going to switch to either Cross necklace for longer hit immunity or the shield that removes knockbacks next tries, as damage has been a big issue on that fight, minions attack whatever the fuck they feel like and when I use the whip it seems to really like targetting the skull instead of the arms I also hit so minions focus that and do no damage as a result.

I killed twins relatively easily although great design to make one of the monster stick at an exact distance away from you so you can't hit them with a whip until they change patterns and destroyer was easy as expected, although damage wasn't great so I did quite a lot of damage out of nimbus and golden shower rather than summons.

Caliane

yeah, I am pretty sure summons are balanced on the fact... well you can just use any weapon with them anyway, while ALSO having the summons. so, if summons were strong enough to solo everything, and then you also can use the zenith blade to do 100% more damage then any other build.. well, everyone would do that.

Whips are kindof the answer to that. given people a weapon for "pure summoners", but frankly they are a bit weak so far.

higher ones look more impressive.. which are you using? did you get the firecracker from wall?
farm cool whip from ice golems? (frost core, not direct drop.)

not sure how "pure" you want to keep it, when you could be obviously empowering your kills with a more proper weapon easily.
cool whip seems pretty beastly though. I imagine the would work great. its practically a magic weapon itself.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got firecracker from wall(I killed wall 3 times though for emblem until I figured I wouldn't use it, got melee/ranged/magic as luck goes but got whip first kill so that was nice), I thought it'd suck since the explosion only procs once per whip, versus buffing every minions with x damage from other whips, but the explosion does pretty stupid damage so I've been pretty happy with it and it generates light particles so I can see shit. I have the mats for the frost one but since I'm low on night souls I haven't bothered crafting it, reading the wiki page for it it looks kinda bad though cause it just generates a 10dmg per tick "summon" but only one at a time, but might be good I don't know. Could also make the hallowed one for the traditional summon tag damage, will do once I have more hallowed but atm I'm aiming to upgrade spider armor to hallowed summoner set, lose some damage but gain a bunch of stuff including the invuln thing.

Frost doesn't really need much "farming" though cause the core is a 100% drop, I killed one ice elemental when it finally rained(I was up to 300 harpies killed for a feather for my wings when it started raining), and it dropped both the core and the ice feather for ice wings so that was nice. Motherfucker was tanky though, luckily I had a wall up from before he got stuck on.

Can't test whips properly cause minions don't attack dummies though it's annoying.

I try to keep it mostly summoner since hard mode, pre hm I used bows but now I'm trying to keep to whip+nimbus+golden shower(for ichor debuff)+queen spider. Honestly it's fine really, just skeletron being a big fat bitch is the biggest issue but I'm sure changing accessories for utility so I don't get stun locked will do the trick, rest of the fight is easy I could easily stay at max health, just at some point I get knocked into his head spinning and just lose 400hp without being able to get out. There's a stupid power spike after plantera when you can get +minions accessories so just need to grind it out. Also if I can get terraprisma it looks pretty fucking GG and you get it right after, it just looks stupid hard to get as a summoner cause she moves like crazy but the weapon looks basically like a summoner dream, shit moves super fast and tracks like crazy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh damn Planterra takes like no damage this is going to take a while. Might need to farm another weapon instead, twins doesn't seem like it'll cut it.