Terraria

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Oh damn Planterra takes like no damage this is going to take a while. Might need to farm another weapon instead, twins doesn't seem like it'll cut it.
Don't pull it too close to the surface. think it enrages and does more dmg/takes less or something.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't pull it too close to the surface. think it enrages and does more dmg/takes less or something.
Na it was under, was doing circles more or less fine but it was taking a long time with the summons basically attacking the entire time. I might make a Durandal to get the additional damage if it's flat it'll be a big boost. Then she went phase 2 and wrecked me. Made a quick arena before going to bed though there were random rocks still there blocking my flight and not all the regen shit and all so I'll try again tomorrow with a better setup. Hopefully some bulbs pawn in non shitty spots while I fuck around.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Na it was under, was doing circles more or less fine but it was taking a long time with the summons basically attacking the entire time. I might make a Durandal to get the additional damage if it's flat it'll be a big boost. Then she went phase 2 and wrecked me. Made a quick arena before going to bed though there were random rocks still there blocking my flight and not all the regen shit and all so I'll try again tomorrow with a better setup. Hopefully some bulbs pawn in non shitty spots while I fuck around.
Man I wanted to like summons so much but jesus they just seem to suck compared to the other builds =/

Rime

<Donor>
Vanilla summoning is hot garbage. Mods can really push it into 'wtf overpowered'. It is a fine line.

I am not sure about 1.4, but in 1.3.xx, it was not viable at all until you had already killed Plantera (Pygmy Staff) and not 'good' until you had the Stardust Dragon from the Pillars event.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah btw made the Frost whip, it's absolute ass as expected. It's basically a slightly stronger dot, but it has the AI of a retarded summon so it often just gets stuck somewhere not attacking the shit you're whipping for whatever reason. Went back to fire which add more consistent damage over time and more burst, basically every whip is like +100dmg from the explosion.

Will make a durandal next though, and then after planterra it's gonna be the big power spike, I'm getting +1 minion, +15% dmg, the best whip in the game(that adds 10% crit to minions when they usually don't crit) and frost hydra and I'll see if I can do the pumpking event and if I do it's like a bunch more additional stuff with spooky armor and the bat staff. Basically before the next major boss I'm probably going to end up doubling my damage. More if I go for the Terraprisma challenge we'll see, if I get that I would quadruple my damage I think, but it looks fucking annoying. Getting the Blood Moon mini boss summons would be pretty useful.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So is recipe browser compatible with 1.4 or what?
I don't think any mod is? I thought every mod used tmodloader, which runs 1.3.5 still. No idea if anything works on 1.4. I mostly use the wiki, and I know roughly what I'm making. The "class setup" page on the wiki is excelent for grouping up all the good gear you can get at various parts of the game and then you just check what you need for them. One "advantage" of summoner is there's so little gear, I don't have to look at it too much.

Potions and shit is more annoying but once you know the mats it's not so bad, I dropped all the mats in one chest so when I want potions I open the chest and the only stuff I can make are potions and a few things with wood/clay I have on me at the time, but potion making isn't very frequent anyway, I did a set of 30 of each before wall and I just did another before planterra(with a bunch of fails and events in the middle). Only mats I have to track really are the fishes, herbs I basically stopped needing them by the time my garden was complete(typical Terraria, you spend so much time setting up the farm that you end up not needing it when you're done).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't think any mod is? I thought every mod used tmodloader, which runs 1.3.5 still. No idea if anything works on 1.4. I mostly use the wiki, and I know roughly what I'm making. The "class setup" page on the wiki is excelent for grouping up all the good gear you can get at various parts of the game and then you just check what you need for them. One "advantage" of summoner is there's so little gear, I don't have to look at it too much.

Potions and shit is more annoying but once you know the mats it's not so bad, I dropped all the mats in one chest so when I want potions I open the chest and the only stuff I can make are potions and a few things with wood/clay I have on me at the time, but potion making isn't very frequent anyway, I did a set of 30 of each before wall and I just did another before planterra(with a bunch of fails and events in the middle). Only mats I have to track really are the fishes, herbs I basically stopped needing them by the time my garden was complete(typical Terraria, you spend so much time setting up the farm that you end up not needing it when you're done).

Yeah I came to realize this after asking about it and getting ridiculed in proper fashion on the discord. Got my AWS dedicated server working correctly now though. Have a small expert world to go through with a few friends of mine.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Planterra down, pretty much instantly got 2.5x more damage from pigmy staff+pigmy necklace+tiki armor+scarab(so just vendor shit). Went to dungeon and opened the ice chest for the ice dragon staff thing and that's another big improvement. Now it's time to farm and get even more upgrades. Should have planted some pumpkin in advance though kinda forgot about that, guess I'll be converting my old army arena into a giant pumpkin patch.

Planterra just needed more preparation once I got my jungle well prepared it was easy. I had an arena I made prehm but fighting phase 2 in an arena is a bitch I found, so what I did instead is loop around the jungle dragging her behind, she actually moves kinda slowish in that phase, but she tries to cut you off so you can't circle her easily, but if you just run long distances she just trails behind and you can DPS a bunch. It took a lot of digging but with the HM pickaxes that shit's really quick, just made every tunnel like 5tiles high and every drop 4tiles wide, removes any random rocks and small obstacles so navigation was nice and easy. Made a large loop between various rooms I had already setup. Once I killed a bunch of the little shits in the first loop I fought her in the arena again for a bit then she grew a bunch and I was losing hp so took her for another spin, super safe that way. It was a slow kill but no time limit so whatever. Got me full life seeds things and a bunch of chlorophyte too so that was a nice bonus.

Caliane

yeah, generally the box just needs to be bigger. to the point of leaving the center solid. or, just long tunnels works fine too, as you did. people often just do 1 and use teleporters to swap sides of the tunnel to make her real easy.

shovel makes digging in jungle mud real fast/easy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fucking dungeon RNG man, farmed until I had almost 400 blue armored skeletons to get the whip which is a 1% drop(with gnome it's a bit more). I got like 12 keybrands(same 1%), 2 wisps in a bottle(half the droprate), both paladin drops, a stupid amount of tabi and black belts and so on. Only thing I didn't get is the bone feather to make the wings but that's fine since I'm gonna be farming pumpkin event so should get wings upgrades from that anyway.

Upgraded from shield of chtuluh to master ninja gear, "upgraded" durandal to morning star(shit's so fucking slow and yet has like several blocks less range, can't wait to drop this shit, but it does buff damage by a ton).

Btw in case anyone does plan on doing a summoner and want the blood moon HM staff, you better do this shit before you're done with the 3 mech bosses. Fucking mothron spawns every 2minutes and fucks up your fishing, and I assume he can spawn during the fight too. Just gave up on fishing it last time and tried to farm the sphere staff instead but didn't drop.

Caliane

yeah, wiki mentions the moringstar is too slow. kaleidoscope is better in every way.

been busy with work, ive made little progress in my master run.

mothron is solar eclipse not blood moon?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
yeah, wiki mentions the moringstar is too slow. kaleidoscope is better in every way.

been busy with work, ive made little progress in my master run.

mothron is solar eclipse not blood moon?
Yeah for some reason I thought it was a blood moon, I think they chained off each other and I didn't pay attention, so I was trying to fish during the solar eclipse like a retard. That makes a lot more sense.

The issue isn't even it's that slow it's just the range sucks. Kaleidoscope is a lot better but I have to kill the hallow bitch for that so I'll just wait a bit. Next stop is farming sphere staff so I can do pumpkin event more easily so I'll probably spawn a few solar eclipses and hope I get lucky.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Would y'all be interested in a guide on how to set up a terraria dedicated server for like nothing? Way easier, superior and cheaper than the third party hosting sites? I was thinking if writing one up due to all of the disinformation I read when doing it.

• 1Weird Boner

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd do it and dump it on Steam. Add links/etc, and as many pics as possible. Make it a confluence page for dummies.

• 1Like

Caliane

I did push hardmode last night. Wall was cake with demon scythe. I actually made my bridge way too long. I thought it I might need more with master HP.

but hardmode itself. yikes. cant kill shit..
wall dropped laser rifle which is just an ok up/sidegrade to demon scythe and magic missile.

V hit some weird spots pretty far offset. corruption threaded the needle between jungle and desert hitting the preexisting corruption dead on. Jungle is even protected by the temple.
hallow started pretty far to the left completely encasing my hell/cavern home/pylon. converting the houses into hallow. then went up hitting my right desert/corruption. missing the ice thankfully. but, again amusingly converting half of my corruption arena into hallow.
medium size
terrariamap.jpg

plan A was to get a meteor staff.
And I decided pretty quick that smashing alters for ore, was not what I wanted. spreading corruption, and frankly, too dangerous. ha.
So, fishing for ore gunna be it. 1 crate potion in underground got me 9 mythril bars of the 10 needed for anvil. so feeling pretty good about that plan atm.

also, while checking which biome I should be fishing in, I noticed hallow has a really good magic wand fish. crystal serpant. so that looks stupid good, and will be the target.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So a friend set up a dedicated server, but when we are playing wooden doors keep disappearing. When you break the block above where they disappeared, they come back into your inventory. Anyone know how to fix this?