Terraria

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I did push hardmode last night. Wall was cake with demon scythe. I actually made my bridge way too long. I thought it I might need more with master HP.

but hardmode itself. yikes. cant kill shit..
wall dropped laser rifle which is just an ok up/sidegrade to demon scythe and magic missile.

V hit some weird spots pretty far offset. corruption threaded the needle between jungle and desert hitting the preexisting corruption dead on. Jungle is even protected by the temple.
hallow started pretty far to the left completely encasing my hell/cavern home/pylon. converting the houses into hallow. then went up hitting my right desert/corruption. missing the ice thankfully. but, again amusingly converting half of my corruption arena into hallow.
medium size
View attachment 273864

plan A was to get a meteor staff.
And I decided pretty quick that smashing alters for ore, was not what I wanted. spreading corruption, and frankly, too dangerous. ha.
So, fishing for ore gunna be it. 1 crate potion in underground got me 9 mythril bars of the 10 needed for anvil. so feeling pretty good about that plan atm.

also, while checking which biome I should be fishing in, I noticed hallow has a really good magic wand fish. crystal serpant. so that looks stupid good, and will be the target.
I got several of the wands because of Prismite, which makes the 20% hp pots, which are super good for master mode since you get hit for like 100-150 a pop by some shit, so I fished a bunch there. Wands aren't that common but it's not really wasted, especially if you're also going for crates there(hallowed crates are garbage on the other hand).

Not sure how you're fishing btw but for crates I found the best was to use a sonar potion too, and use the highest baits(if you've been doing quests, master ones) and only reel the crates so you barely use up your good baits but still get the benefit of the higher fishing power. Once you fish enough it becomes irrelevant cause you have too much bait but it's pretty good early on.

Gonna have to go and fish some summoning pots fishes soon as I'm running out(well not exactly running out, but I have less than 30 left).

And yeah in the end I mined my stuff but it was mostly because I found most of the right ores in the caves surrounding the spider cave I was farming for my summoning shit so I figured I might as well. Found several veins of palladium on the way down then the 3rd tier ore and orichalcum was a bit more of a pain until I ran into a big spot with 2 juicy veins a bit further. But crates gave a bunch of bars and ores and at least at that point I had almost maxed fishing gear(didn't have a 2nd angler earring, but gold rod+master bait+fishing set+accessory) so I was getting the good crates a bunch.

Caliane

yeah, I did some fishing for the cell phone. full angler set, angler/sonar/crate potions. fireproof hook, sitting duck rod. tacklebox. no high test line though. plenty of master bait.
running low on chum. should do a few blood moons, I guess. been skipping them mostly.

never did get that lava charm.

Caliane

reddit was mentioning the furry is apparently a god teir fighter. esp during bloodmoon/eclipse when she transforms. so having her in ahouse, next to a blood moon arena, or fishing spot might be helpful too.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
So a friend set up a dedicated server, but when we are playing wooden doors keep disappearing. When you break the block above where they disappeared, they come back into your inventory. Anyone know how to fix this?
doors must have a block above them.

Caliane

doors must have a block above them.
no hes saying,t hey are placing doors. the doors then are invisible or something, but when you break the block, the door comes back, and into inventory.

idk, I would guess just getting confused with the new autodoor mechanic? are they... just opening when you get near them, and thats confusing you? alternatively, invis vs not there. are they invisible, but still blocking travel? or straight up not there, until you smash the frame?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man the pumpkin event on master mode is some ultra bullshit. Pumpking has some stupid moves and fucking up almost anything is 100-200hp off(with mostly full warding, granted using shitty summoner armor).

Took me 4 nights and dozens of deaths to get all I needed, which all in all was pretty lucky since I kept dying in wave 9+. Got the wings(well one of the 2 wings), the raven staff, the hook(didn't need it though it doesn't look any better than dual hook unless you like the multi hook shit), the broom mount(worse than the boat mount though although acceleration seems a little better), the whip(worse for single target but hilariously strong for normal trash mobs) and 2 necro scrolls(one for combine and one to use) plus the spooky armor obviously. Think I doubled my damage again, now actually kinda melting stuff so that feels good. I think next is looking for the hallow bitch and getting the BiS whip and then I can probably progress some.

Kinda don't have room for boots anymore though, so mostly doing dash > mount now which is a bit clunky.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
no hes saying,t hey are placing doors. the doors then are invisible or something, but when you break the block, the door comes back, and into inventory.

idk, I would guess just getting confused with the new autodoor mechanic? are they... just opening when you get near them, and thats confusing you? alternatively, invis vs not there. are they invisible, but still blocking travel? or straight up not there, until you smash the frame?

They are straight up not there until you smash the frame block, then they suddenly appear and drop to the ground to be picked up as normal.

Caliane

They are straight up not there until you smash the frame block, then they suddenly appear and drop to the ground to be picked up as normal.
reddit and wiki comes up with a few things.

a door may dissappear if you try to close one, and its being held open by an npc.
pressure plates and wiring can make doors dissappear. not clear why, likely due to obstruction again.
rapidly clicking on one.
door is in the place of the original spawn location, and a magic mirror is used.

seeing a mention of lag having a similar effect. which considering the doors are technically still here or something, given breaking the blocks brings them back. and none of the previous mention that, I think it might be this.
desync sounds like it could def cause what you are describing.

LiquidDeath

reddit and wiki comes up with a few things.

a door may dissappear if you try to close one, and its being held open by an npc.
pressure plates and wiring can make doors dissappear. not clear why, likely due to obstruction again.
rapidly clicking on one.
door is in the place of the original spawn location, and a magic mirror is used.

seeing a mention of lag having a similar effect. which considering the doors are technically still here or something, given breaking the blocks brings them back. and none of the previous mention that, I think it might be this.
desync sounds like it could def cause what you are describing.
Gross.

More info, they aren't being counted as there at all. If I split rooms up with doors, and then those doors disappear, a villager will occupy the entire space and not just the part up to the door. Also, when the server admin is playing, the issue doesn't appear to happen.

Thanks for the link. I'll see if it helps.

LiquidDeath

It is Tshock desync.

They have apparently done some stuff to fix it but it won't be totally fixed until a later release.

Running the server without Tshock fixes the issue.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man I've been spending way too much time trying to kill Empress. I think I fought her like 40 or 50times and the best I got was like 40%, most of the time I can't even get past phase 1 and when I do I die to like the first combo she does. I think I'll give up until I get better gear, I should in theory be able to kill her but shit's really fucking rough.

Also did Fishron and while I got the strat down pretty quick, I only got one kill out like maybe 20 last phase(10% or whatever). It just goes to shit in that phase, basically his attacks are near unavoidable but on master mode he also hits you for 250, the only decent way I've found to avoid them is to use a gravitation potion and just go in free fall constantly but my summons do 0 damage during that entire phase so I basically need to whip him to death, which isn't super fast, and anytime I "turn" with gravitation, I run the risk of getting snacked on. Every fucking "guide" I've checked is expert stuff where they just facetank 10hits at the end and they're like "yeah it's easy".

Think I spent the last 6 hours in game just farming mats, doing attempts, then farming more mats. Shit's rough. I might try to kill golem and start the martian shit to get endgame armor but not sure how much easier it'll be.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
T Mod Loader update on the 29th:
This update supports Terraria v1.4.0.4 manual installation and GOG.

• 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are you fighting Empress during the day? She is easier at night.
Well no during the day she one shots you, but during the night she still hits for 200 to 350 with any attacks, so even with 600hp I usually die in a few hits, and while her patterns are consistent, the movements she does are sometimes really weird(she'll stand in front of you when you're trying to dodge some stuff and what not).

• 1Solidarity

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Man I've been spending way too much time trying to kill Empress. I think I fought her like 40 or 50times and the best I got was like 40%, most of the time I can't even get past phase 1 and when I do I die to like the first combo she does. I think I'll give up until I get better gear, I should in theory be able to kill her but shit's really fucking rough.

Also did Fishron and while I got the strat down pretty quick, I only got one kill out like maybe 20 last phase(10% or whatever). It just goes to shit in that phase, basically his attacks are near unavoidable but on master mode he also hits you for 250, the only decent way I've found to avoid them is to use a gravitation potion and just go in free fall constantly but my summons do 0 damage during that entire phase so I basically need to whip him to death, which isn't super fast, and anytime I "turn" with gravitation, I run the risk of getting snacked on. Every fucking "guide" I've checked is expert stuff where they just facetank 10hits at the end and they're like "yeah it's easy".

Think I spent the last 6 hours in game just farming mats, doing attempts, then farming more mats. Shit's rough. I might try to kill golem and start the martian shit to get endgame armor but not sure how much easier it'll be.

Cheesing most of the boss with black spot is pretty much the way to go. Just run away from them and they can't match horizontal movement with their body attacks or ranged attack patterns. Just have to be careful to keep them on the leash so they don't despawn.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cheesing most of the boss with black spot is pretty much the way to go. Just run away from them and they can't match horizontal movement with their body attacks or ranged attack patterns. Just have to be careful to keep them on the leash so they don't despawn.
Doesn't work with summons, but yeah that or building minetracks is the easy mode but that kinda defeats the purpose I think, if you just cheese every boss you might as well just not play since the game is 90% boss fights(I mean in content, in time obviously you spend most of your time digging and crafting stupid shit). I've found some guys doing some nice dodging though so I'll see if I get better at this shit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just playing through on Classic mode and almost to the Wall of Flesh on solo. Been a lot of fun just doing whatever and I'm excited to run through it on Expert mode with all the mods with a pal of mine in awhile.

HOWEVER. The happiness thing and spreading people out is annoying and dumb. I do like my grim ice fortress I build though.

• 1Truth!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just playing through on Classic mode and almost to the Wall of Flesh on solo. Been a lot of fun just doing whatever and I'm excited to run through it on Expert mode with all the mods with a pal of mine in awhile.

HOWEVER. The happiness thing and spreading people out is annoying and dumb. I do like my grim ice fortress I build though.
You only need to split a few people up, and the bonus for it is pylons which makes it much better than having to wait on teleporters then having to wire your whole world. You just kinda make pairings for each biomes, and you also want to make sure to put the goblin underground with the mechanic so you have the lowest prices for your reforges(and you kinda want a decent pairing in your base for good sell prices) but other than that kinda doesn't matter. I still have like 5 NPCs in the gulag I built early game, I don't use them and they're not close to others so it doesn't matter.

Caliane

yeah, the multiple towns is not that big of a deal once you got the pylons up. its probalby just as fast to portal, as it is to drop down platforms to talk to npcs.

figuring out the chart is the biggest issue.

you can go back to my older post and see my prehardmode setup. cavern pylon down at the base of my hellavator, for hell acess, and gem tree farm. (this is now 100% engulfed in hallow atm.. but wont be my hallow pylon location.
I made an artificial desert next to the dungeon for dungeon pylon. my desert was really close to center, so had no real need for a desert pylon at its location.

mushroom is a solid option for dungeon as well. but only hardmode.

• 1Like