Terraria

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's pretty cool. Sounds like it's hard mode difficulty?

They removed the negative aspect of off-biome torches though, right? I just use normal ones everywhere.
Yeah you don't get negative effects, but you can still get positive so not using the right torches is effectively worse for drops. That said unless you're actively farming a spot, it doesn't matter too much. But when you farm a spot for a rare drop or fish for extended periods of time it's worth making some torches for the right biomes. A lot of them are as easy as mining a few blocks/dropping a couple bombs, then converting normal torches to biome torches(ice desert hallow corruption torches are just one of the biome blocks+3torch=3biome torches). The only "annoying" ones are the non specific torches where you need bone torches that the skeleton merchant sells, but when I found him I bought 999 torches and never needed to find him again after and jungle which requires spores so you can't get them easily at first until you've explored a fair amount and crafted everything you want with spores first unless you run into a lot of chests.

Basically you can just explore with normal torches(or bone torches once you have them, no reason to use normal torches after that) but if you're farming, make 5-10 of the right torches and use them in your farming area. It's also worth getting a garden gnome that you drop wherever you're farming and carry in one of your mobile chests(pig or void bank and such). Having both gives a fairly substantial boost to drop chance and requires nearly nothing, it's basically the same as dropping a water candle to spawn shit quicker, might as well do it.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Constantly learning new things about this game. Hoik

So I'm playing ultra casually. Just now prepping to go into hardmore. How important is it for me to "protect" my biomes against evil spread? Terraria wiki mentions digging 3 block-length shafts around entire biomes to protect against hallowed/evil spread. Is that really necessary? Seems very tedious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider

So I'm playing ultra casually. Just now prepping to go into hardmore. How important is it for me to "protect" my biomes against evil spread? Terraria wiki mentions digging 3 block-length shafts around entire biomes to protect against hallowed/evil spread. Is that really necessary? Seems very tedious.

I did, and then went and smashed a bunch of altars which spread it everywhere anyway 🤦‍♂️

• 1Worf

Caliane

its boring early. but safer. killing Wall, cause a V to spawn as well. one half is corruption, one half hallow. then smashing alters causes a random block in the world to be made corrupt.

they spread very fast through ice and sand. quarantining sand or ice tends to be most important. Then jungle can also be destroyed by corruption. so, may want to quarantine that.

Digging is much faster with later gear. And clementor allows you to cure corruption/hallow easily.

There is no actual reward for curing the world. the only real danger is certain biomes being destroyed making it so you can't farm them as needed.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah that's what I want to avoid. Guess I'll be starting a long excavation project in the morning with the trusty ol' molten pickaxe.
At least I can break it up with a fishing quest every 24 mins. Still need a bunch of stuff from those.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I built one of these fishing farms. Not sure if it's worth the effort, but using it to fish is very satisfying.

• 1Like

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Got a good, clear step by step video on how to make that?

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Got a good, clear step by step video on how to make that?

This is the video I followed and it worked perfectly.

It doesn't have a lava or honey pool, but I made those myself at the bottom right and left of my enclosure.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Turtle armor + Vampire knives really trivializes the game just after you kill Plantera. I can sit still and just hold down LMB to kill Solar Eclipses. Life steal is crazy good atm + 83 defense = GG.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
yep, Zenith definitely breaks the game. Time to farm up the best of each class and burst through master then hang this up til all the big mods are updated. great game overall

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So I just started playing this week. Just killed wall of flesh and I got the spider armor n staff. Trying to do summoner. Lotta fun so far. Still feels a bit squishy though

Brikker

Trump's Staff
New update. Added a bunch of stuff including a new NPC (The Princess) and new items (focus on early and pre-hardmode Summoner stuff).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bought this on a whim today and played for 30 minutes or so. I have no idea wtf this is. Am I a miner? Is there a goal? No idea.

I had this bird on my head that attacked people for me so that was nice. Is there a way to enslave people to do some mining for me? That would be ideal. LMK if there is, I’m down to enslave for some ore.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought this on a whim today and played for 30 minutes or so. I have no idea wtf this is. Am I a miner? Is there a goal? No idea.

I had this bird on my head that attacked people for me so that was nice. Is there a way to enslave people to do some mining for me? That would be ideal. LMK if there is, I’m down to enslave for some ore.
I played this with the kid early this year and we played the shit out of it. I felt it was like a mix of minecraft+castlevania.

These links helped me a lot:

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I played this with the kid early this year and we played the shit out of it. I felt it was like a mix of minecraft+castlevania.

These links helped me a lot:
Did you mostly play it with her help or was she playing it too?

My kids only six so there’s a lot of me playing something with me asking him for “what should we do next” but he’s getting better so may switch roles soon.

Will check links out tomorrow, thx.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
How the fuck is he 6 already wtf.

It was kinda 50/50. She didnt want me to progress in the game without her, but I would farm mats for new weapons and armor when she wasnt here.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How the fuck is he 6 already wtf.

It was kinda 50/50. She didnt want me to progress in the game without her, but I would farm mats for new weapons and armor when she wasnt here.
Ah yeah I do shit like that, go get hearts for him in zelda. Or have a side character. When he found out about my side char in Minecraft Dungeons he’s like wait what, you have another guy? Why?? Who is he???