The Book of Boba Fett

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
episode 1 showed us a Boba Fett that doesn't want to torture anyone, goes out of his way not to kill a space dog, basically plays with asshole tusken kids, and seems to have zero tactical or strategic street smarts. The next 8 episodes could show us the "real" Boba Fett be a murderous, violent gangster when pushed to the edge, or show us a goofy ass Disney Princess Boba Fett. Until we see more its hard to say.
Watching Boba Fett get punked by the mayor’s aid and then some mediocre assassins really negates how he came back as the ultimate badass in the Mandalorian.
I'm really conflicted. Wouldn't he literally already have earned his skills and reputation as a Bounty hunter? Maybe that's all he's good at, making a plan and executing a plan to kill/capture someone. So when it comes to leading the crime organization he's just a major fuck up that doesn't know what he's doing? It's just strange that he seems thrown out of his element and seems lost on the right thing to do, and at the same time seems A-okay with that.

If this show follows a reasonable path, it won't be long before he's ousted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
First episode was kinda lame. Boba is a frustratingly inconsistent character. Hopefully they don't drag out the flashback shit so we can connect the dots faster and move on with the present story.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sometimes characters are cooler the less you know about them. Every addition to Boba Fetts story makes him more gay more lame. Boba Fett is gay and lame.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sometimes characters are cooler the less you know about them. Every addition to Boba Fetts story makes him more gay more lame. Boba Fett is gay and lame.
sometimes, you're right. but i don't necessarily think that's the issue here.

i think the issue is similar to someone like the punisher. he works well in niche markets but as soon as you try to give him a broader appeal you have to water down the character and give him some "honorable" traits. the punisher, for example, is not a hero in any way shape or form. sure, he may kill bad guys, but that's just his excuse to give himself permission to continue murdering people. punisher doesn't even care what kind of crime you've committed, as long as it fits his criteria then he's happy to find some creative way to end you. we as the audience can latch on to certain parts of that (we're happy to let him continue his crusade against child rapists under any circumstance, for example) but there's something extremely distasteful about a man who decides who is beyond redemption and who isn't.

so in order to make a movie or show about him, you have to fundamentally change his motives. punisher doesn't WANT to continue his war on crime, but criminals keep dragging him back in. i think they've done the same with boba fett in that he's going to TRY to be an honorable man, but other crime lords will force his hand.

but that's NOT the boba fett we've seen up until this point, and that's why the show feels just... off.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not sure how many people caught it, but that creature was a total Harryhausen homage

81IDTMC0agS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
somebody called it early on, it was totally the kraken from Clash of The Titans.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If they have a training montage or some gay shit where he learns to fight from some tusken dindu, I think I'm gonna chuck this show out the window. I can legitimately believe that he lost the fight because he's been starved of foo.... Well water to his limits and been locked up and beat up. But in full health he should roflstomp them. I want to give this show credit for being smart, but in the base of my heart I know I'm retarded for doing it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Not sure how many people caught it, but that creature was a total Harryhausen homage

81IDTMC0agS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Came here to post this, creature was the absolute highlight of the episode. They even made it look like stop motion a little--and it seemed like a great mix of puppet/practical and CGI. Loved it.

• 2Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Agreed. That was half the appeal of him for the last 40 years. Some badass lookin dude who you knew nothing about. While I like that he’s back, I hope they don’t ruin the character.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Member boba Fett?

Member!?!

Lol

It's burning nostalgia for dollars. You knew this
eh, i member Boba Fett, i dont member him as this clumsy old man. he was a clumsy young man when he goofed himself into the Sarlacc pit, but before that he was pretty competent. i'm pretty sure they will tell us what this show is abut eventually. i hope they dont try to make Sand People kids the new Baby Yoda. nobody fuckin likes Sand People. even in the prequels they raped Annakin's mom and he went apeshit on them.

• 2Worf

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Fucking awesome. If you loved Tuskens from 1977 like I did, you will be blown away. Holy crap I did not expect that episode even after the first 20 minutes.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Two episodes of filler so far. Art and dance class were dumb. The entire Tusken thing is dumb. The twin's bodyguard has promise.

• 1Salty

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the end of 2 episodes we have maybe 5 minutes of on screen time that has advanced any sort of plot.

There has been about an hour and 45 minutes combined of too much Tusken raider bullshit. The teaching how to drive thing was so bad it needed Seinfeld laugh tracks. And even then he basically gets his dick handed to him while super momma Tusken raider shows up and solos the entire train while he derps about. He's basically Beta Male Boba for all of both of these episodes who looks, acts, and performs about as geriatric you would expect someone would with those dentures. Put grandpa back in his bath water.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Salty

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I liked that Tatooine having oceans in the past is now canon. The Tuskens are basically living in a post apocalyptic Mad Max scenario. It does seem implausible that they've managed to survive well enough this long without adapting to off worlder technology beyond blaster rifles and binoculars... but cool seeing a good old fashioned train robbery western along with live action pykes.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was something. was it a TV show? maybe, the gladiator wookie and the Hutts was pretty cool. for 3 minutes and then it switched to The Tuskens tv show. those silly Tuskens, what will they think of next? i know people loved Boba for years and years, but who here ever liked the Tuskens? liked them enough to want them to have their own themed TV show? except for that interesting 14 minutes of "present day" stuff. this was pretty mediocre. i give this show one more episode before i ditch it. if i see here that it got better i can check back, but right now its a non starter.