The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Column_sl

shitlord
The thread had gotten so much better too...
keep-calm-football-starts-tomorrow-2.png

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
WITH berman asking "that" question...looks to me(and probably most patriot/brady side of the case) that he is leaning towards brady's side of the equation.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Goodell is pretty stupid. It's also funny to see Goodell's independent investigation with a very dependent Wells look stupid. At the same time, why did Brady destroy that phone at that time? Most suspicious part of the whole thing. Well, that and this pic.

rrr_img_106217.jpg

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Goodell is pretty stupid. It's also funny to see Goodell's independent investigation with a very dependent Wells look stupid. At the same time, why did Brady destroy that phone at that time? Most suspicious part of the whole thing. Well, that and this pic.

rrr_img_106217.jpg
Wasn't the excuse that he always destroys his old phone when he gets a new one? Not saying that a lot of people don't do that (I know plenty that do), but that's pretty much just his word v. bad timing.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Uh, that's a sucker punch.
nope, like Willie McGinest said, you start sticking your finger in someones face you better be prepared for the outcome. It was a pure case of Geno thinking he was better than the dude he owed money to and could do whatever he wanted.

totally dumb on the kids part to punch him in the face, but not a sucker punch. There's a reason Darrelle Revis said Geno was also responsible for the fight and he was not sure how he will deal with him once he comes back to the team.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
I saw a headline in the Chicago Sun Times that stated Catler has not thrown one interception throughout training camp. Thus I predict he will break the single season high this year.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Wasn't the excuse that he always destroys his old phone when he gets a new one? Not saying that a lot of people don't do that (I know plenty that do), but that's pretty much just his word v. bad timing.
Thats what he said, but was magically was able to produce the phone he had prior to the destroyed one. That pretty much contradicts that whole excuse. He even offered that phone, as well as his current phone, which contradicts his "not wanting to set a precedent" excuse.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, on the bright side, I get to go back to sitting back and relaxing with no expectations on football day.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
couple of things from the hearing
from the Boston Herald's reporting on the hearing:

Berman pressed NFL attorney Daniel Nash on whether the league had "direct evidence" that Brady knew of a plan to deflate footballs prior to the AFC title game. Nash admitted there was no such direct evidence, but added, "Brady clearly knew."

The judge also questioned if evidence exists that Brady knew specifically deflating of footballs would happen before the AFC Championship game.

When Nash admitted "not for that specific game," Berman delivered one of his zingers.

"Wow, that's the only game we're talking about," he said.

Berman grilled the NFL over the standard they used to hold Brady accountable in the Wells Report. Wells said it was "more probable than not" that Brady was "generally aware" of the plan to deflate balls.

But Berman didn't seem satisfied with the "more probable than not" description.

"I don't know what to make of that finding," he said.
reports are nfl wants brady as one of the conditions to accept the wells report findings..

brady says, he'll take a fine but no suspension OR admission of any wrong doing.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats what he said, but was magically was able to produce the phone he had prior to the destroyed one. That pretty much contradicts that whole excuse. He even offered that phone, as well as his current phone, which contradicts his "not wanting to set a precedent" excuse.
His own lawyer already debunked the whole 'he always destroys his old phone' lie today.

The judge also questioned why Brady destroyed his cellphone in the midst of the inquiry -- a move that the league argues was further proof of his deception. Kessler claimed thatthe quarterback got rid of the phone on the advice of his agent to protect his privacybut had otherwise cooperated with the inquiry.

However, in hindsight, "You're right, it could have been done a different way,'' the lawyer said of the phone.

Also, it looks like the game plan for Brady is when all else fails, throw the two lowly equipment guys to the wolves.

Kessler said the union does not believe the balls were deflated, but, if they were, the employees believed it would help their quarterback.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like the judge is very pro Brady so far, if he gets off the tears will be legendary.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
nope, like Willie McGinest said, you start sticking your finger in someones face you better be prepared for the outcome. It was a pure case of Geno thinking he was better than the dude he owed money to and could do whatever he wanted.

totally dumb on the kids part to punch him in the face, but not a sucker punch. There's a reason Darrelle Revis said Geno was also responsible for the fight and he was not sure how he will deal with him once he comes back to the team.
Uh, that's a sucker punch. If you're having an argument with someone, even a very heated argument, and you just suddenly punch him in the face? That's a sucker punch and anyone who thinks otherwise is retarded.

*edit*

Granted it would be pretty dumb to stand back and challenge him to fisticuffs, but it's still a sucker punch.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Rodgers put the verbal beat down on reporters who counted camp interceptions. Something like, "I threw 5 in the regular season, which is all that matters." He also added something to the effect of camp being the perfect time to be risky.

Which leads me to believe that Cutler is definitely going to throw a lot of interceptions. You know, like every year.