The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't know the difference the psi of the balls made, but they sure would go from unstoppable to Eli's bitch pretty quick

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The problem is that they tried to cover up and hide the information....

...they have been caught doing something....
My problem with all this and why I'm glad the Pats are fighting the NFL and Goodell on it is the NFL is incompetent at this point. Incompetence and power-hungry dick-swinging like Goodell prefers is a bad combo, and doesn't improve the brand.

If the Pats really got caught and tried to cover shit up as bad as Dolphins fans want to believe it would be an easy, open/shut case for the NFL. Instead, they fucked it up, and what we get is the league looking like idiots, punishing on the basis that they can arbitrarily punish anyone for any reasons under the bullshit 'detrimental to the league' approach.

Meanwhile, players hate Goodell. He gets booed by fans. Owners have to be getting antsy, because it's great when he swings his dick in your opponents direction but it's only time before your own team gets fucked by him, and Kraft was a huge supported of Goodell (some claiming the main reason he was hired) and that's burned. And now fairly mainstream sports news outlets are now talking like Goodell has dug his own grave with this last stunt and his contract won't be renewed or that he could even be ousted.

All because he couldn't set uniform standards, institute controls and monitoring, and instead almost relished watching players get in trouble so he could swing his dick around to make a name for himself.

Seriously, NOW they're talking about having some level of control over the footballs. If it mattered that much before Goodell went full dicktard controls would have been implemented, instead of waiting for some dumb media storm to scramble to react and end up over-reacting, yet again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean I certainly hope the Patriots and the NFLPA fucking destroy Goodell and the NFL on appeal, but that's because Goodell needs to be smacked the fuck down, not because I feel bad for the cheatriots.

I mean I certainly hope the Patriots and the NFLPA fucking destroy Goodell and the NFL on appeal, but that's because Goodell needs to be smacked the fuck down, not because I feel bad for the cheatriots.
Same here. I think everyone understands the pats cheated, but like everything else for the last year and a half the commissioners office has handled it so badly.

All Goodell had to do was notify the patriots that they were suspected of ball tampering and to knock it off and maybe apply the 25k fine. This should have been done when the ravens brought it up initially. Instead they notify the ref crew before the Colts game, and even then nothing is done until halftime when the Colts complained. You then have the most wishy washy we can't pin it on them but really want to report in the history of professional sports. After which you hammer the player and team under an umbrella clause because you can't prove the actual break of conduct. Mishandled from beginning to end.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You then have the most wishy washy we can't pin it on them but really want to report in the history of professional sports.After which you hammer the player and team under an umbrella clause because you can't prove the actual break of conduct. Mishandled from beginning to end.
According to Patriots Haters there are approximately 42,758 points of interconnected, irrefutable and undeniably transparent pieces of evidence that do, in fact, prove them guilty.

Well, it's pretty obvious that they are guilty on at least some level. To much smoke for there to be no fire. However that shouldn't give the commissioners office carte blanche to hammer them down without at least some definitive evidence. Two games for Brady and a 100k fine, upper limit for tampering, would have been acceptable with the evidence they had to work with. The excessive punishment just smacks of the dick swinging of a spiteful child.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Well, it's pretty obvious that they are guilty on at least some level. To much smoke for there to be no fire. However that shouldn't give the commissioners office carte blanche to hammer them down without at least some definitive evidence. Two games for Brady and a 100k fine, upper limit for tampering, would have been acceptable with the evidence they had to work with. The excessive punishment just smacks of the dick swinging of a spiteful child.
Kraft's the one who gave Goodell that power in the first place.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Same here. I think everyone understands the pats cheated, but like everything else for the last year and a half the commissioners office has handled it so badly.

All Goodell had to do was notify the patriots that they were suspected of ball tampering and to knock it off and maybe apply the 25k fine. This should have been done when the ravens brought it up initially. Instead they notify the ref crew before the Colts game, and even then nothing is done until halftime when the Colts complained. You then have the most wishy washy we can't pin it on them but really want to report in the history of professional sports. After which you hammer the player and team under an umbrella clause because you can't prove the actual break of conduct. Mishandled from beginning to end.
This, exactly.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't mind if this was the straw that broke Goodell's back. Hell, the NFL has looked bad almost weekly for the past year. If you want to look further, he screwed up the original Pats cheat of Spygate horribly and destroyed evidence. Complete fuck-up from start to finish and the punishment was so lenient they learned little from it. So, almost from Day 1 he has been incompetent and power-mad. Lop off his head.

Kraft's the one who gave Goodell that power in the first place.
Whether he has the power or not isn't the issue. It's the misuse of said power when his judgement has obviously been shown to not be good when dealing with situations like this. Goodell is a great business man and has done great things when it comes to brand expansion and th e day to day stuff. However his conduct when it comes to discipline and more grey area issues is atrocious.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Whether he has the power or not isn't the issue. It's the misuse of said power when his judgement has obviously been shown to not be good when dealing with situations like this. Goodell is a great business man and has done great things when it comes to brand expansion and th e day to day stuff. However his conduct when it comes to discipline and more grey area issues is atrocious.
Goodell's been atrocious at pretty much everything NFL related his entire tenure. The sport's popularity is in spite of him, not because of him. He had numerous fuck ups before this last CBA passed. One of the big issues the NFLPA had was Goodell's power to be judge, jury, and executioner but the owners, including Kraft, refused to budge on that point.

So not only is the cheating, that everyone who's not a retarded Patriot homer agrees happened, the fault of the Patriots but so is Goodell's incompetence. They have blame on every angle of this

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So not only is the cheating, that everyone who's not a retarded Patriot homer agrees happened, the fault of the Patriots but so is Goodell's incompetence. They have blame on every angle of this
So what you're saying is the Patriots are to blame for every single thing wrong with the NFL?

HANG EM HIGH

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This thread be like:

3451274.gif

Misfits-Wank-2.gif

almost_there_wank.gif

1320771062895.gif

8105760a4484937891b111371755l.gif

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
the league hands down the stiffest punishment in its history.
Say what now? You think this is he stiffest penalty in league history? Did they tack on a 2 year ban for the head coach over the weekend?

Say what now? You think this is he stiffest penalty in league history? Did they tack on a 2 year ban for the head coach over the weekend?
it is, by far. 4 games for the best player to ever touch a football, 1st round, 4th round and 1 mill. far exceeds sean peyton taking a vaca

Louis

Trakanon Raider
it is, by far. 4 games for the best player to ever touch a football, 1st round, 4th round and 1 mill. far exceeds sean peyton taking a vaca
You obviously didn't see what Peyton taking a vacation did to the Saints that year.