The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lucky for the Colts they get to host the return! Hopefully they are ready this time because you would normally predict a vengeful assbeating for his first game back.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Huh:

The NFLPA is widely expected to sue the NFL over Brady's suspension. If the union obtains an injunction, the case could take years to exhaust all appeals (like the Vikings' Williams Wall StarCaps case, which took three years). There's a strong chance Tom Brady will retire before he serves any suspension.
Well, fuck that shit. I hope the judge tosses this case out on its ass! Why waste our legal system's time with such matters???

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The NFL already had the ball boy and equipment guy's phones, showing all and any contact between Brady and themselves. I'm betting there is nothing there at all pertaining to the deflate shit. More than likely conversations of Tom saying Kraft smells like sweet and sour soup...or Belichick fucked a sheep. Things he doesn't want the public to know.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The NFL already had the ball boy and equipment guy's phones, showing all and any contact between Brady and themselves. I'm betting there is nothing there at all pertaining to the deflate shit. More than likely conversations of Tom saying Kraft smells like sweet and sour soup...or Belichick fucked a sheep. Things he doesn't want the public to know.
Just because they had the ball boy and equipment guy's phone doesn't mean they had all the text messages between Brady and them. They could have deleted some of the text messages before handing over their phones. Presumably the main reason to get Brady's phone is to see if there were any deleted text messages.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also Brady's phone could have shown if he and others knew. Like if he texted Deflator, then Deflator responds, then Brady texts Bill* and says "BALLS ARE RIPE FOR THE THROWIN'". Bill isn't going to talk to anyone outside his man crush. After Tom destroyed his phone Krafty and Bill probably threw him a pizza party at Discovery Zone.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
how freaking sad.

now comes the court case.

first thing that will happen is an motion to suspend the suspension until such time as the case is resolved in court.
then in 6-9 month or so, the case will actually be resolved...

so i expect brady will play this entire season due to him going to court.
Then he* retires instead of serving a suspension.

Actually, if this is what happens, I hope Goodell gives him the Hardy / Petersen treatment and puts him on the commissioner's exempt list until the court case is resolved. Then when he loses, he still gets to serve the 4 game suspension.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Only teams can put players on the commissioners exemption list. Goodell has no right to Brady's phone, injunction shouldn't be as hard as Foggy says.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I find it funny how in the Cops suck thread people are all about procedure and the law and our rights being trampled. Yet here people think the comissioner has the right to someones phone? Fuck the NFL thinking they have more investigative power then the government. The NFL has no right to his phone or anything else. I give a fuck about the Pats and Brady but this shit is nonsense.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I find it funny how in the Cops suck thread people are all about procedure and the law and our rights being trampled. Yet here people think the comissioner has the right to someones phone? Fuck the NFL thinking they have more investigative power then the government. The NFL has no right to his phone or anything else. I give a fuck about the Pats and Brady but this shit is nonsense.
If he's using it to cheat/scam their system, as a player in their organization, he can either give it up or get punished. He's getting punished. It all works.

Sterling

El Presidente
While it may not apply to this specific situation there are lots of the thing the league can do that the government or other employers can't due to their CBA.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Damn, is today December 25th and I've been in a coma for a while? I see I got my present for this season!!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Plus the court of public opinion never gives a shit. If Tom had cooperated then 31 out of 32 team fandoms wouldn't be going, "What's he hiding?" and throwing asterisks on this last Super Bowl. That is, unless he was hiding something. We'll never know.
Ahahahaha, implying non-Patriots fans wouldn't still be throwing hissy fits like the whiney little sore losers they are regardless of anything Brady ever could or would do. Shit, Dolphins/Jets fans are worse than jealous 5 year olds when it comes to throwing tantrums and crying about nonsense.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're an idiot. He had every right to say no to the NFL just like they have every right to say who can and can't play in their league.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
vEhSjmg.gif

Statement from the NFLPA:

"The Commissioner's ruling today did nothing to address the legal deficiencies of due process. The NFL remains stuck with the following facts:

. The NFL had no policy that applied to players;
. The NFL provided no notice of any such policy or potential discipline to players;
. The NFL resorted to a nebulous standard of "general awareness" to predicate a legally unjustified punishment;
. The NFL had no procedures in place until two days ago to test air pressure in footballs; and
. The NFL violated the plain meaning of the collective bargaining agreement.

The fact that the NFL would resort to basing a suspension on a smoke screen of irrelevant text messages instead of admitting that they have all of the phone records they asked for is a new low, even for them, but it does nothing to correct their errors.

The NFLPA will appeal this outrageous decision on behalf of Tom Brady."

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Goodell sided with the other 31 billionaires? Finally. 8 years too late for the Patriots*. Don't worry Tom* everyone knows you're still a bad ass , but public opinion has already set. Move on.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The only way this whole deflate gate thing could be better is if Brady serves the 4 game suspension and still takes the division and the Superbowl.