the economics of suffering in boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Except my human rights -are- being violated. I know there are hours that I'm not getting. And I know the management and the employees are trying to make up reasons why I should be fired. But it's all made up. There is no legit reason why I shouldn't be able to talk about my human rights being violated or negative consequences from trying to convince people that my human rights are being violated.
I'm not an expert on human rights law, nor do I care to be, but is one of the laws something along the lines of "Thou shalt get all the hours at the Kabob Shack thou dost want"? Because if there isn't, you have a job, and you haven't been fired yet, therefore your rights haven't been violated. It doesn't matter if you get the hours you want, or if your boss doesn't want to give them to you (or lies about it). If you were to be fired over something you feel is discriminatory, then you would have a leg to stand on. If you are in at will work state, which it kind of looks like Massachusetts is, but I'm not positive, then they don't even have to give a good reason really, so good luck proving discrimination, particularly if you are a white male.

So explain to us which of your human rights is being violated again? Maybe now you see why the entire city of Boston doesn't care, because you are lying to them.

Diazepane_sl

shitlord
If you are in at will work state, which it kind of looks like Massachusetts is, but I'm not positive, then they don't even have to give a good reason really, so good luck proving discrimination, particularly if you are a white male.

So explain to us which of your human rights is being violated again? Maybe now you see why the entire city of Boston doesn't care, because you are lying to them.
Except they do have to give a good reason in this case, otherwise I would be fired already. Exactly why I wouldn't be able to get another job no matter how hard I looked, the city is trying to pretend I don't exist. The reason behind my hours getting cut is discrimination. Boston doesn't care because Boston doesn't care about human rights. They only care about getting their way.

Sickening

Molten Core Raider
Except they do have to give a good reason in this case, otherwise I would be fired already. Exactly why I wouldn't be able to get another job no matter how hard I looked, the city is trying to pretend I don't exist. The reason behind my hours getting cut is discrimination. Boston doesn't care because Boston doesn't care about human rights. They only care about getting their way.
Welcome to the rest of america.

Why does this thread exist?

Siliconemelons

I think as mentioned - will to work or right to work states (such as Florida) have to give 0 reason to fire someone or let them go... they actually put themselves at risk by actually telling you why- also there is typically no severance mandate/law in those states- much of these laws where passed to encourage companies to move/expand in those states- so that right there shows who is to be advantaged by those laws.

Diazepane_sl

shitlord
I think as mentioned - will to work or right to work states (such as Florida) have to give 0 reason to fire someone or let them go... they actually put themselves at risk by actually telling you why- also there is typically no severance mandate/law in those states- much of these laws where passed to encourage companies to move/expand in those states- so that right there shows who is to be advantaged by those laws.
As it is now, if they fire me, it will look like discrimination and retaliation on behalf of the city of Boston. So they are making up false reasons which is retaliation and discrimination.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
you're white and male right? you won't win a discrimination suit without airtight evidence of willful wrongdoing and even then it won't be that much compensation. I know someone that just went through that he was like the only white person the chro rep was seeing that didn't have a disability in a new england state.

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
just move and get another job....come down to jersey i need a personal assistant to help me keep track of embezzled funds, hookers and visits to the clinic....but if your a camel jockey forget it, them people smell

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
As it is now, if they fire me, it will look like discrimination and retaliation on behalf of the city of Boston. So they are making up false reasons which is retaliation and discrimination.
Why would this have any reflection on the city of Boston? On the managers/owners of the Kabob Shack perhaps, but why the city? You aren't currently being discriminated or retaliated against in any legal way, because not giving you the hours you want isn't a crime, so again, why does the city of Boston care one bit about you?

Diazepane_sl

shitlord
Why would this have any reflection on the city of Boston? On the managers/owners of the Kabob Shack perhaps, but why the city? You aren't currently being discriminated or retaliated against in any legal way, because not giving you the hours you want isn't a crime, so again, why does the city of Boston care one bit about you?
Because they do. It's illegal to gang up on someone like this.

It's a mob mentality.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It's illegal to gang up on someone like this.
It is? Please show me which law they are violating, specifically. I don't recall a "ganging up" law on the books, but then I'm not from Boston so perhaps I'm out of the loop.

If you can't show me the law, I'm going to be forced to admit to myself that you are trolling, and then I won't be able to help you.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know if this is a troll or not, but I had a co-worker quit two weeks ago. Right before he left, he was spouting shit that sounded a lot like what Diaz is saying. He was the victim, vast conspiracy against him, felt like he was being harassed, no one liked him, etc.

Diazepane_sl

shitlord
If you can't show me the law, I'm going to be forced to admit to myself that you are trolling, and then I won't be able to help you.
Detroit Mayor: - ABC News

"This unethical, illegal lynch mob mentality has to stop.We've never been here before - and I don't care if they cut the TV off - we've never been in a situation like this before, where you can say anything, do anything, have no facts, no research, no nothing, and you can launch a hate-driven bigoted assault on a family."
"Just Go," says the alternative weekly, the Metro Times."

Capturing Lynch Mob Mentality - Hartford Courant

"Perhaps those Johnson most impressively captures are the racists. They feel fully justified in preserving what they see as the natural hierarchy of humanity - yet some, at least, know they are motivated by self-interest."

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Boston ate this kid alive, he's probably form Iowa originally
Good one Sam.

220px-Woody_Boyd_Season_8.jpg

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Detroit Mayor: - ABC News

"This unethical, illegal lynch mob mentality has to stop.We've never been here before - and I don't care if they cut the TV off - we've never been in a situation like this before, where you can say anything, do anything, have no facts, no research, no nothing, and you can launch a hate-driven bigoted assault on a family."
"Just Go," says the alternative weekly, the Metro Times."
you couldn't even pick a guy who was obviously guilty and they had truckloads of evidence from? so are you really saying you're a whiny loser when you get caught doing something wrong?

In January 2008, the Detroit Free Press revealed the existence of more than 14,000 text messages exchanged between Kilpatrick and Beatty on their city-issued SkyTel pagers in late 2002 and early 2003.
Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, as you may know, has been under fire for a text-message-laden relationship with his chief of staff, and may face perjury charges.
As the Detroit Free Press reports, the "messages showed that Kilpatrick and his then-chief of staff, Christine Beatty, lied under oath about their relationship and gave misleading testimony about the firing of then-deputy police chief Gary Brown during a civil trial last summer."
In his "state of the city" address this week, Kilpatrick seemed to blame his troubles on a racist media.

Status
Not open for further replies.