The Expendables 3 (2014)

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I liked it, even though it was a bit bloated with all the characters (I don't see the appeal for the new guard at all - especially when you replace awesome fucking guns and weapon play with inspector gadget)

I think for the fourth (cause goddamn it's been listed on imdb and it's gonna kick ass) they would focus on the old guard and drop the youngins because that's what I want to see. I want the relics of my upbringing showing they can still kick ass and take names.

Arnold was brilliant in this movie. I just love how 50 years in USA and he still can't speak English. Cracks me up to have basically everything he say in the movie be a reference to his past

Still think second is the best and first / third are probably tied. Not sure why jet li couldn't have more time in the movie as well

Devlin

Golden Squire
First movie was great.

The next two were absolutely forgettable and aimed at a much younger market.

Third movie I fell asleep during the climactic fight scene and never bothered to go back and see what happened.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That is one thing i don't get with these movies: what terry crews and jason stnahanhan doing there?

j00t

That is one thing i don't get with these movies: what terry crews and jason stnahanhan doing there?
Jason statham is just an older guy who does action movies. He wasn't an 80's action hero, but he's been doing action movie for a few decades. Terry crews on the other hand, he's just an older guy who COULD have been an action hero but did comedy instead. Im not complaining, though, I love them both. Its the guys like liam hemsworth that don't make any sense to me

ohkcrlho

Jason statham is just an older guy who does action movies. He wasn't an 80's action hero, but he's been doing action movie for a few decades. Terry crews on the other hand, he's just an older guy who COULD have been an action hero but did comedy instead. Im not complaining, though, I love them both. Its the guys like liam hemsworth that don't make any sense to me
He wasn't from the 90's either. He doesn't have any remarkable character like arnie or sly. So i still don't know wtf he's doing there, he is only there for the younger audience.
Yeah liam hemsworth is another miscast imo

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Young guns really threw it off for me. Snipes reason for being in prison was pretty funny. Stick with the old dogs thanks.

j00t

Guess your right... I thought transporter was late 90's. But it was 2002. That man has had 40 movies in 15 years...

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Somebody has to be young enough to do cool fight scenes that aren't just a bunch of muscles and grunting.

Also, 3 movies and they haven't gotten Arnie to say CAL-EE-FOUR-NEE-YAH. His best catchphrase of the last decade.

Siliconemelons

Christopher Lambert and Mario VanPeebles for Expn4 - ref: MeanGuns..or was it Gunmen? well add IceT and it covers both...

:)

j00t

this is one of those absolutely silly franchises that gets made NOT because it makes money hand over fist, but because the people in it are clearly having a fun time making it. i'm okay with that. it is what it is, it knows what it is.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, now I am reminded of how much I hate Rhonda Rousey.

As long as she's not in this one, it can't be too bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i barely remember the last one, except it was terrible, but weren't they setting up for a female expendables or some shit

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the last one had Wesley Snipes and some kind of Russian military bullet train. The most memorable and surprising thing about it was how good Snipes looked. That was four or five years ago but if he still looks that good they need to make another Blade movie. He was a black super hero before that became the cool hipster thing to do.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think the last one had Wesley Snipes and some kind of Russian military bullet train. The most memorable and surprising thing about it was how good Snipes looked. That was four or five years ago but if he still looks that good they need to make another Blade movie. He was a black super hero before that became the cool hipster thing to do.

Unfortunately the way he conducted himself in Blade 3 during the production would never be forgiven by a studio.

But in the BLM era, there's a chance.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Unfortunately the way he conducted himself in Blade 3 during the production would never be forgiven by a studio.

But in the BLM era, there's a chance.
I don't care enough to google it, but what did he do doing Blade 3?