The Fast Food Thread

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
5d 4h 12m
Reactions
4,029 1,755 0 0
What hard science?

Aspartame is one of the most studied substances ever.

The Truth about Aspartame
Like I said, the science that says it's toxic is 40 years old. That science is the reason the article you linked exists. Modern science says it's safe, as I also ready said.

And the main reason I don't like it is because it has started tasting bitter to me.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
<Donors Crew>
5d 17h 20m
Reactions
2,971 211 0 0
Found this today in stores, I like it!

IMG_20180613_091624.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
<Donors Crew>
2d 3h 58m
Reactions
1,960 445 0 0
I've heard so many great things about Trader Joe's products, so I've started shopping there. A few have been winners, but overall I'm pretty disappointed. Take, for example, these chips:

chips.jpg

I appreciate the lattice cut which gives a wonderful crunch, but god damn are the flavors shit. The Sriracha ones are alright I suppose, but they're nothing special. I'd say they taste about the same as a standard "fiery" or "hot" chip.

The Ghost Pepper ones are shit. Almost no heat, let alone the amount of heat you'd expect from ghost pepper flavor. Maybe I'm just spoiled by having devoured Mama Zuma's? I dunno. Just overall disappointing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
2d 19h 50m
Reactions
1,829 237 0 0
TJ's chips are about the only disappointing products they offer. It's a bummer because the flavors sound like they should be great. However their frozen dishes remain top notch. From the Asian dishes to pizza. You can't really go wrong.

Chanur

Not Soygen
<Donor All-Stars>
6d 10h 24m
Reactions
4,937 695 0 0
I love their frozen mexican corn. Its also the only place around here to get decent sourdough bread. Don't know what the fuck is wrong with Florida.

chaos

nazi mods fuck off
<Donors Crew>
3d 15h 14m
Reactions
2,086 187 0 0
They have a dehydrated broccoli snack, like broccoli chips kind of, that are pretty damn good.

Serpens

<Donors Crew>
3d 4h 49m
Reactions
608 87 0 0
Favorite crystal light flavor is strawberry orange banana. Outta control!
It's pretty good, but my favorite is cherry pomegranate. Walmart's strawberry house brand is good too, very tart, but they don't always have it -strawberry watermelon is an OK substitute.

Crone

Trakanon Raider
1d 22h 42m
Reactions
429 48 0 0
Tried black cherry citrus Fresca and it's ok, but doesn't beat original flavor.

Akso tried Diet Squirt and it's nearly identical to Fresca but Fresca is better I think. Great substitute though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
<Donors Crew>
4d 6h 33m
Reactions
5,348 299 0 0
My favorite meal right now at McD's is a signature crafted.

I go with the sweet bbq & bacon topping on 1/4 lb beef and have them use a sesame seed bun in place of that artisan bullshit. Fries and a Coke no Ice. I'm happy. Delicious.

Chysamere

Molten Core Raider
1d 18h 53m
Reactions
785 136 0 0
Is this a thing? I didnt know this was a thing. Spicy Mcnuggets.

With your choice of spicy sauce or sour cream and onion sauce

Last edited:

BoozeCube

<Moderators>
8d 12h 28m
Reactions
28,104 4,498 0 0
Speaking of nuggets. McDonalds needs to bring back to Spicy Chili sauce.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
<Donors Crew>
5d 17h 20m
Reactions
2,971 211 0 0
You lucky asian fucks!

Springbok

I'm rich, biaaaaatch
<Donors Crew>
2d 9h 22m
Reactions
1,247 253 0 0
I've heard so many great things about Trader Joe's products, so I've started shopping there. A few have been winners, but overall I'm pretty disappointed. Take, for example, these chips:

View attachment 168182

I appreciate the lattice cut which gives a wonderful crunch, but god damn are the flavors shit. The Sriracha ones are alright I suppose, but they're nothing special. I'd say they taste about the same as a standard "fiery" or "hot" chip.

The Ghost Pepper ones are shit. Almost no heat, let alone the amount of heat you'd expect from ghost pepper flavor. Maybe I'm just spoiled by having devoured Mama Zuma's? I dunno. Just overall disappointing.
Their chips are utter dogshite - no question. A great chip is Whole Foods, (not their 365 brand, but I've only ever seen at Whole Foods so YMMV) - it's a corn chipotle queso chip. 10/10.

Other than chips and one or two other failures (I'm looking at you brownie coffee ice cream sandwich), almost everything I buy at TJ's is better and cheaper than traditional grocery stuff, including produce.

Oh, and their ground beef is fucking rancid - shit I wouldn't bother feeding my dog. Grass fed horseshit.

Haus

<Donors Crew>
2d 8h 0m
Reactions
405 66 0 0
Weird Texas fast food story this week..... Apparently we are experiencing some kind of odd Breadpocalypse. Within a week we have had :

• In and Out close all Texas stores for a few days due to a "bun quality control issue"
  • Cane's Stops having Texas Toast for a few days
  • Whataburger also stops having Texas Toast (which is the bun in a few of their sammiches)

Strange days indeed.....