The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Found this today in stores, I like it!

IMG_20180613_091624.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've heard so many great things about Trader Joe's products, so I've started shopping there. A few have been winners, but overall I'm pretty disappointed. Take, for example, these chips:

chips.jpg

I appreciate the lattice cut which gives a wonderful crunch, but god damn are the flavors shit. The Sriracha ones are alright I suppose, but they're nothing special. I'd say they taste about the same as a standard "fiery" or "hot" chip.

The Ghost Pepper ones are shit. Almost no heat, let alone the amount of heat you'd expect from ghost pepper flavor. Maybe I'm just spoiled by having devoured Mama Zuma's? I dunno. Just overall disappointing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
TJ's chips are about the only disappointing products they offer. It's a bummer because the flavors sound like they should be great. However their frozen dishes remain top notch. From the Asian dishes to pizza. You can't really go wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I love their frozen mexican corn. Its also the only place around here to get decent sourdough bread. Don't know what the fuck is wrong with Florida.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They have a dehydrated broccoli snack, like broccoli chips kind of, that are pretty damn good.

• 1Like

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Favorite crystal light flavor is strawberry orange banana. Outta control!

It's pretty good, but my favorite is cherry pomegranate. Walmart's strawberry house brand is good too, very tart, but they don't always have it -strawberry watermelon is an OK substitute.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried black cherry citrus Fresca and it's ok, but doesn't beat original flavor.

Akso tried Diet Squirt and it's nearly identical to Fresca but Fresca is better I think. Great substitute though.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My favorite meal right now at McD's is a signature crafted.

I go with the sweet bbq & bacon topping on 1/4 lb beef and have them use a sesame seed bun in place of that artisan bullshit. Fries and a Coke no Ice. I'm happy. Delicious.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Is this a thing? I didnt know this was a thing. Spicy Mcnuggets.

M4jGWHV.jpg

With your choice of spicy sauce or sour cream and onion sauce

sub01_sp.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've heard so many great things about Trader Joe's products, so I've started shopping there. A few have been winners, but overall I'm pretty disappointed. Take, for example, these chips:

View attachment 168182

I appreciate the lattice cut which gives a wonderful crunch, but god damn are the flavors shit. The Sriracha ones are alright I suppose, but they're nothing special. I'd say they taste about the same as a standard "fiery" or "hot" chip.

The Ghost Pepper ones are shit. Almost no heat, let alone the amount of heat you'd expect from ghost pepper flavor. Maybe I'm just spoiled by having devoured Mama Zuma's? I dunno. Just overall disappointing.

Their chips are utter dogshite - no question. A great chip is Whole Foods, (not their 365 brand, but I've only ever seen at Whole Foods so YMMV) - it's a corn chipotle queso chip. 10/10.

Other than chips and one or two other failures (I'm looking at you brownie coffee ice cream sandwich), almost everything I buy at TJ's is better and cheaper than traditional grocery stuff, including produce.

Oh, and their ground beef is fucking rancid - shit I wouldn't bother feeding my dog. Grass fed horseshit.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Weird Texas fast food story this week..... Apparently we are experiencing some kind of odd Breadpocalypse. Within a week we have had :

• In and Out close all Texas stores for a few days due to a "bun quality control issue"
  • Cane's Stops having Texas Toast for a few days
  • Whataburger also stops having Texas Toast (which is the bun in a few of their sammiches)

Strange days indeed.....