The Fast Food Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Imagine an adult doing that. The ultimate fuck you in the "this tastes bad" universe.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
ANd a news update to get this back to fast food and off the damn sparkling water derail. ;)

The Whataburger near my house is now out of white buns. In this neighborhood this all but means the end of days is upon us and soon the bread wars will surely begin.

Apparent news from WB and Cane's seems to mimic what happened at in-and-out where a Yeast imbalance was causing a pretty severe taste issue in the bread products. I thought us men were not supposed to have to worry about yeast problems in our lives?!? FFS...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Buns are superfluous anyway. No need to panic until the meat goes missing

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hate non-sweetened sparkling water, every flavor tastes like some variation of what I imagine lizard piss tastes like. So if you don't want artificial sweeteners, this stuff is out. If you don't mind though, this shit is like crack to me. There are a bunch of different flavors, but this orange-creme one is awesome, as is strawberry-watermelon. I usually get about 6 different flavors when I buy them, can't remember them all.

View attachment 168315
This reminds me of Walmart brand sparkling waters which are mostly fantastic. Have to get the right flavor though as not all are good.

I'm gonna have to take another look at that sparkling ice drinks. Got a pack from Costco and was hard to finish those flavors.

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya'll mofos convinced me to give the Sparkling Ice drinks a go.

Went to wal mart and was pleasantly surprised to see they have a wal mart brand of those drinks for half the cost.

Like Crone I like the walmart brand for the sparkling waters. Just a heads up for the cheap ass/frugal people like myself.

I am chilling them at the moment and will give an update later. Very excite!

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I found the Walmart brand to be universally inferior in taste to the Raley's brand, but I can admit that perhaps it is simply that I am accustomed to the various flavor combinations from Raley's. But I bought several different flavors of the Walmart stuff, and didn't find a single one that I wanted to buy again. I'm sure if I were forced to drink only those I could find some I liked, but in general I can pick up practically any flavor of the Raley's stuff and at least like it somewhat. This does not help you at all if you don't have a Raley's in your area though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why is everyone calling it sparkling water? It's fucking seltzer or if you're really old school soda water.

And if you wanna drink seltzer, never, ever buy cans. It's about double the price and seltzer is so carbonated that trying to drink it straight out of a can is like shoving an entire package of pop rocks down your throat. You get the 2 liter bottles (or if the flavor you want only comes in 1 liter you get that) of Polar, you pour it into a glass, you let it sit for a minute or two and then you enjoy.

And La Croix is absolutely shit tier seltzer with a fancy pantsy French name.

• 1Like

sukik

This is the stuff I remember loving as a kid, but they went out of business a long time ago. They started back up recently but it's way over priced now.

71qY-n5%2BQmL._SY679SX485_SY679_CR,0,0,485,679_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX485_SY679_CR,0,0,485,679_SH20_.jpg

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm in Japan right now, and my current fast food review is about Mosburger. It's decent enough. Good tasting burgers. But McDonalds still wins hands down (Japanese McD's). Not even a contest.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Why is everyone calling it sparkling water? It's fucking seltzer or if you're really old school soda water.

And if you wanna drink seltzer, never, ever buy cans. It's about double the price and seltzer is so carbonated that trying to drink it straight out of a can is like shoving an entire package of pop rocks down your throat. You get the 2 liter bottles (or if the flavor you want only comes in 1 liter you get that) of Polar, you pour it into a glass, you let it sit for a minute or two and then you enjoy.

And La Croix is absolutely shit tier seltzer with a fancy pantsy French name.

Is it Salsa or Seltza!?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm in Japan right now, and my current fast food review is about Mosburger. It's decent enough. Good tasting burgers. But McDonalds still wins hands down (Japanese McD's). Not even a contest.

It's a shame you are going to miss the spicy McNuggets coming out on Wednesday.

Crone

I found the Walmart brand to be universally inferior in taste to the Raley's brand, but I can admit that perhaps it is simply that I am accustomed to the various flavor combinations from Raley's. But I bought several different flavors of the Walmart stuff, and didn't find a single one that I wanted to buy again. I'm sure if I were forced to drink only those I could find some I liked, but in general I can pick up practically any flavor of the Raley's stuff and at least like it somewhat. This does not help you at all if you don't have a Raley's in your area though.
Green Apple is my favorite, followed by Black Cherry, Lemon, and white grape. I really love the bitter flavors though. And Khane Khane is right. I'm a huge fan of the super carbonation but skip the cans and go with the liter plastic bottles.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Are those 10 piece boxes? Because if you're going to eat 60 spicy nuggets my hat is off to you.

• 1Solidarity