The Fast Food Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Lunch meat is most definitely a "you get what you pay for" thing. Boar's Head really is much, much better than any other cold cut brand I've tried.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Boar's Head London Port is my go to cold cut roast beef.

Boar's Head cold cuts are really goddamn expensive though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Best subs I ever had was a few mom and pop places in dearborn Mi, pretty much set up for the Ford Rouge plant. One of them was cold cut subs, which our office used to place orders for the entire office once a week. Shit I forget the name. But nice fresh bakery buns that were still crisp on the outside, thin shaved lettuce, and quality meats. And it was cheap, If I rememebr right I think they were like $5 for roughly 12 in. Second was an Italian shop, again in Deraborn, where they used to make their subs to order, they had a turkey one and an italian where they would pull lunch meats right from their deli section and slice them up per order right in front of you, real italian cold cuts. again, nice fresh baked bakery buns, Plus they had a tasty house dressing that came with it. Alcamos was the name of the place.

The third was a hot sub place, steak subs, it was called Rickys subs, again in Dearborn. Fucking 18 inches of the best steak subs you could have. at least here in the tri county detroit area. Real shaved ribeye, with your choice of shit he would grill them with like onions, shrooms, peppers, etc...topped with real provalone. The dude would have lines out the building during lunch.

Places around huge auto plants were awesome like that. Another one that was classic was "Broncos" hole in the wall place with cheap beer, fishnet chicks, and a check cashing place in the back of the bar, and they had the best fucking burgers for like $3.50 a piece with fries on the side.

For the kids birthday parties we used to have when they were younger, I used to make my own subs. Just buy a few Lbs of turkey, ham, salami, pepperoni, cheese, few loaves of fresh crisp crust baked bread, cut them in 1/2, assemble, then cut into slices. Usually had Italian and Turkey. Worked out to be way cheaper than buying one of them 6 footers the local places offered. every time I did that, the shit disappeared like magic.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's not that I don't like yeast donuts, but damn, I just don't like Krispy Kreme anymore.

The old places are a treasure. There's just no comparison. This is just a random place from Chicago that I found through GIS, and that's what I'm talking about

o.jpg
There's a place around here that does something similar. They buy pre-made donuts (I think), though. Then decorate them with the liquid icing and shit. Pretty good, but very sticky.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was visiting my brother down in Frederick and had a nice work day together (we both work remotely for the same company). Afterwards I suggested hitting up BD's Mongolian BBQ in Bethesda since we hadn't been there since we were kids. Apparently that place closed long, long ago. Fuck me, I loved that place, grab that all you can eat shit, and I'd just get 5-6 bowls of chicken and egg doused in sauces and spice. Anyway, we look around and fine some other chain called Might Khans down in Chantilly to try out. Was okay, but the place was kind of skeevy, no all you can eat option, only had 6 spice options, only got one egg per bowl and I had to order shrimp extra and they forgot it. Oh well.

Hit up a Wawa for the first time in my adult life. Didn't get to fully peruse the menu, but so far seemed like they had better options than Sheetz (though Sheetz's popcorn chicken with old bay and Dr Pepper BBQ is hard to beat for me). Sadly, there are no Wawa's on my usual NY<->MD route.

Still have not been able to try out Royal Farms yet. Maybe next trip.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was visiting my brother down in Frederick and had a nice work day together (we both work remotely for the same company). Afterwards I suggested hitting up BD's Mongolian BBQ in Bethesda since we hadn't been there since we were kids. Apparently that place closed long, long ago. Fuck me, I loved that place, grab that all you can eat shit, and I'd just get 5-6 bowls of chicken and egg doused in sauces and spice. Anyway, we look around and fine some other chain called Might Khans down in Chantilly to try out. Was okay, but the place was kind of skeevy, no all you can eat option, only had 6 spice options, only got one egg per bowl and I had to order shrimp extra and they forgot it. Oh well.

Hit up a Wawa for the first time in my adult life. Didn't get to fully peruse the menu, but so far seemed like they had better options than Sheetz (though Sheetz's popcorn chicken with old bay and Dr Pepper BBQ is hard to beat for me). Sadly, there are no Wawa's on my usual NY<->MD route.

Man I've tried mongolian places all over the west coast and a few back east and no one beats YC's Mongo BBQ in the Phoenix area. It's so damn good!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

People like Sheetz but something about it declines my appetite. I've pushed buttons on their kiosk a few times and then am like fuck it and move on

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Mongolian BBQ places are the ones where you load up your plate and give it to the cooks, right? They cook it for you and hand it back? It's tasty, but I really hate waiting for them to cook it. Especially if it's crowded and there are other people taking up space on the grill. It can take way too long to get to your 4th or 5th plate. I prefer to do a buffet where the food is pre-cooked.

• 3Worf
  • 3Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Mongolian BBQ places are the ones where you load up your plate and give it to the cooks, right? They cook it for you and hand it back? It's tasty, but I really hate waiting for them to cook it. Especially if it's crowded and there are other people taking up space on the grill. It can take way too long to get to your 4th or 5th plate. I prefer to do a buffet where the food is pre-cooked.
Christ, man. Just eat a bag of pizza rolls on your way there to hold you over for the 10 minute delay in stuffing food into your face!

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just got an email from McDonald's about some new "international" shit.

I gotta say, none of it appeals to me really besides the stroopwafel thing, which sounds amazing. I will definitely try one of those whenever they are released here.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You missed it talked about a few pages back. The fries are dumb. The bacon thing I agree with someone else was pretty foul. It would be fine but the sauce on it is almost like bitter, kinda nasty.

The chicken was pretty good. The star is the stroopwaffle mcfluury. Very tasty though the chunks in it can be a bit too tough after freezing in the ice cream and a chore to chew up.

• 1Quality Calories

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
All I know is the McDonalds app is pretty much worthless these days. The coupons from it have gotten so shit that I am pretty much stopped using it. Opting to go to other fast food places instead.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sad to see then Angry Whopper is gone. I had I think 3-4 while they lasted. Hopefully she'll be back in quicker than 4 years. I had to substitute with a Rodeo King which was pretty good, but I honestly think I like the BK style veggies on my burgers there. They have the Chick Parm shit now, but I think I tried them a year or two ago and it sucked really badly. I'm not sure if they use their new chicken patties or not, but it was incredibly disappointing then. Especially since I feel like a chick parm sandwich could very easily be made for fast food. Basically just need to get the breaded chicken patty right and then everything else is making sure cheese is melted and the sauce isn't tomato-water.

Keep an eye out for Jalapeno McDoubles. I think last time I had them it was a summer time item. They're on the official site, so I assume they plan to reappear.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You missed it talked about a few pages back. The fries are dumb. The bacon thing I agree with someone else was pretty foul. It would be fine but the sauce on it is almost like bitter, kinda nasty.

The chicken was pretty good. The star is the stroopwaffle mcfluury. Very tasty though the chunks in it can be a bit too tough after freezing in the ice cream and a chore to chew up.
Damn, I follow this thread pretty often, not sure how I missed that. Glad to hear the stroopwafle is decent.

Constantly makes me think of this though:

• 1Like