The Fast Food Thread

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not really fast food, but the family restaurant I go to often has gotten in on the plant-based meat trend with a sort of hybrid patty made from both beef & plant based stuff. Came as a sort of sandwich style on some sourdough bread, tomatoes, lettuce, some sort of avocado, american cheese, onion tanglers, and sriracha.

Shit was surprisingly good. It had a really different texture than just beef and it would never pass as a meat patty, but it stood on its own.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Not really fast food, but the family restaurant I go to often has gotten in on the plant-based meat trend with a sort of hybrid patty made from both beef & plant based stuff. Came as a sort of sandwich style on some sourdough bread, tomatoes, lettuce, some sort of avocado, american cheese, onion tanglers, and sriracha.

Shit was surprisingly good. It had a really different texture than just beef and it would never pass as a meat patty, but it stood on its own.
PURGE THE HERETIC

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Some sort of avocado? Isn’t avocado, avocado?

Sounds interesting.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Some sort of avocado? Isn’t avocado, avocado?

Sounds interesting.

It wasn't just slices of avocado. The menu says "creamy poblano avocado" and I had no clue what that is, thus the "some sort of avocado" Must have been a sauce on it, and was probably what gave it an incredibly strong (but appealing) smell.

I wouldn't order it over a good burger unless I was in the mood for it, but it was nice as an alternative and something new to try.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man something about turning a burger into some plant based bullshit just doesn't sit right. This world needs a cleansing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I still think it is a branding / messaging thing. Impossible Burger was kinda cool until it became synonymous with “not meat” burger. Like there’s almost no ethnic shit I won’t eat because there’s no preconceived notion of what it should taste like. But you start calling shit a burger and I expect it to taste like dead cow.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I still think it is a branding / messaging thing. Impossible Burger was kinda cool until it became synonymous with “not meat” burger. Like there’s almost no ethnic shit I won’t eat because there’s no preconceived notion of what it should taste like. But you start calling shit a burger and I expect it to taste like dead cow.

Yep, and if you want a burger so badly that you have to do everything in your power to make it look, smell, taste, and touch as close to a burger but not quite get there just let me have a fucking burger instead.

img73l.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Pass on the new BK Pulled Pork King. The meat is like that shitty stuff they have at the grocery store. The best thing about it was the pickles and crunchy onions.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep, and if you want a burger so badly that you have to do everything in your power to make it look, smell, taste, and touch as close to a burger but not quite get there just let me have a fucking burger instead.

img73l.jpg
I'm down for a bacon blue burger anytime. Your shitty Horde guild though? Nevah! Loser has to eat a veggie patty plain?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bluecheese is gross on most things man. I love cheese and but I can't stand blue cheese in most cases.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Bacon, blue cheese, and burger is one of the all-time greatest flavor combinations.

• 3Quality Calories
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It wasn't just slices of avocado. The menu says "creamy poblano avocado" and I had no clue what that is, thus the "some sort of avocado" Must have been a sauce on it, and was probably what gave it an incredibly strong (but appealing) smell.

I wouldn't order it over a good burger unless I was in the mood for it, but it was nice as an alternative and something new to try.
poblano is a pepper, if it had a bit of a kick (it's weak), there you go.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Blue Cheese is disgusting and although I haven't proven it yet I'm pretty sure it gives you cancer

• 2Supertaster
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm intrigued by the impossible burger. My brother had it and said it was very good and close to a real burger in texture and taste. I've seen it a few restaurants and it's always pricier than a real burger. Pass.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I want to give it a shot as well. Starting to become much more widely available than even a year ago.