The Fast Food Thread

Pops

When i was a kid theyd do 5 for 5 once in a while and my dad would go pick up 50 of em and throw em in the freezer
Haha I did just that. Kitchen was being remodeled. I'd roll up with a twenty. My kids would joke, what's for dinner?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is the deal I remember:

arbys%2B5%2Bfor%2B595.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even though the name is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes. The S’aweosme sauce or whatever the fuck you call it from Wendy’s is actually pretty decent. That being said I have gotten in the habit of using the app for mobile orders so I don’t even have to communicate to these drive thru tards anymore and can just throw on like 50 packets of whatever into the list and park for a couple of seconds while they bring it out to me like it was a goddamn Sonic, while the plebs go through the line.
I ask for Awesome Sauce and occasionally a bitch will say, "You mean the S’aweosme sauce?" and I say "Yeah, the awesome sauce."

Same shit with Starbucks. "Give me a large coffee, black." The dumb bitch, "You mean Venti?" And I say, "Yeah, a large coffee, black".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is the deal I remember:

arbys%2B5%2Bfor%2B595.jpg

Looking back at this, it's absolute insanity that a little over 10 years ago you could get 1 mozz stick, a curly fry, and three Arby's Melts for $5.95. What a fuckin' deal. No wonder why we took massive advantage of that in college.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The one I remember was when McDonald's cheeseburgers would go on sale for 49 cents. Nothing better as a college student than going to McD's with a 5 dollar bill and leaving with 10 cheeseburgers and a dime.

• 4Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Weren't they 5 for 5 beef and chedder back in the day? Now it's just 5 for 5 beefs.

20+ years ago im not sure they had the beef and cheddar and only had one size sandwich. The 5 for 5 was amazing because those ones also had a shit ton of meat. The versions in the 5 for 10 nowadays is like 90/10 bread meat ratio

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
20+ years ago im not sure they had the beef and cheddar and only had one size sandwich. The 5 for 5 was amazing because those ones also had a shit ton of meat. The versions in the 5 for 10 nowadays is like 90/10 bread meat ratio
Pretty sure the Beef n Cheddar has been around since the 70's. There are like 3 sizes to every sandwich there now. They have like a classic, double, and half pound. I wanna say that the double is actually what a normal sandwich used to be before the change.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure the Beef n Cheddar has been around since the 70's. There are like 3 sizes to every sandwich there now. They have like a classic, double, and half pound. I wanna say that the double is actually what a normal sandwich used to be before the change.

Ya i could def be wrong

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
In response to Alex Alex unpopular opinion. Little good good from the yum yum.

View attachment 260075
On the topic of how much shit used to cost, I remember you could get this amount of Taco Bell for like $3.50 back in the day. Well maybe not the chalupas, but burritos and tacos for days. Had a friend who would drive just about anywhere as long as you bribed him with a bean burrito for like 59¢.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I ask for Awesome Sauce and occasionally a bitch will say, "You mean the S’aweosme sauce?" and I say "Yeah, the awesome sauce."

Same shit with Starbucks. "Give me a large coffee, black." The dumb bitch, "You mean Venti?" And I say, "Yeah, a large coffee, black".

You can actually tolerate the Starbucks black coffee? That shit is disgusting to me. The reason it is so overwhelming is that people expect to taste coffee through all of their sugary bullshit so the SBUX roast is super super dark. Not meant to be drank normally.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can actually tolerate the Starbucks black coffee? That shit is disgusting to me. The reason it is so overwhelming is that people expect to taste coffee through all of their sugary bullshit so the SBUX roast is super super dark. Not meant to be drank normally.

It's also burnt to hell and back. Their nitro cold brew is fine black though, cuz it can't be burned.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You can't even get Papa Murphy's take and bake right now. Which is my favorite chain pizza place. I don't get it. You grab and go and it's not even possible to eat it in store. Why are they closed of all places?
They are still open here in Sacramento, CA. My parents even went and got one the other day, despite being in their early 70s. Not sure if I'm happy about that or not, but hopefully they don't catch anything.