The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The nuggets themselves are better than the plain ones by a lot, but they aren't very spicy. They just have flavor. I'm going to be mad when I have to go back to the normal ones. They have the same texture as the normal ones.

The new hot sauce isn't good. It is hotter than the nuggets, but still not that spicy and it is too vinegary.

They are not as spicy as Wendy's nugs, but I like them quite a bit better. Definitely worth buying and eating, doubly so if you were going to eat McDonald's nugs anyways.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Speaking of nuggets, the brand I usually buy (Janes) has severely dropped in quality over the past year. It started when some moron didn't cook them enough and wound up eating raw chicken. So, Janes turned all their stuff into pre-cooked and the quality just hasn't been the same since. They used to be so good, and they'd go on sale for $5 for a 1kg box.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Found these at Walmart $6 for a five pack. It is crazy how much better these taste than Machuran ramen. The liquid sauce makes all the difference. Also, nice amount of spiciness.

20200912_111634.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Jack in the Box is terrible.

Sometimes I think the only reason they expanded out where I live, is that they couldn't compete with In & Out and was looking for easier markets.
They are not in the same market at all. No place with a drive in can compete with In n Out. Jack in the Box competition is Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's etc and I prefer it to those.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Speaking of nuggets, the brand I usually buy (Janes) has severely dropped in quality over the past year. It started when some moron didn't cook them enough and wound up eating raw chicken. So, Janes turned all their stuff into pre-cooked and the quality just hasn't been the same since. They used to be so good, and they'd go on sale for $5 for a 1kg box.

I'm trying to picture how frozen, raw chicken nuggets would work. I feel like you'd be forced to thaw them and only frying in oil would work properly to cook them. At that point I'd rather just buy fresh chicken and do the egg wash and breading myself

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm trying to picture how frozen, raw chicken nuggets would work. I feel like you'd be forced to thaw them and only frying in oil would work properly to cook them. At that point I'd rather just buy fresh chicken and do the egg wash and breading myself
I never had a problem with them when they were uncooked. 10 minutes in the air-fryer was enough.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea I guess an air fryer would work well. I dont have one of those though

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

do you have an oven that has a convection setting (even most shitty toaster ovens have it)? if so, you have what marketing agencies have deemed the "air fryer"

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
An oven is fine too and is how they instruct how to cook them.

I guess what happened is they thought they were pre-cooked and only cooked them for a short time and wound up with salmonella. This resulted in a recall so they just switched to pre-cooked

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
do you have an oven that has a convection setting (even most shitty toaster ovens have it)? if so, you have what marketing agencies have deemed the "air fryer"

How do get both sides done evenly in that scenario? Not being snide, I just hated the length of time it took and having to flip every goddamn fry or nugget. Air fryer makes that all go away.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
How do get both sides done evenly in that scenario? Not being snide, I just hated the length of time it took and having to flip every goddamn fry or nugget. Air fryer makes that all go away.

Use a rack? Im pretty sure the problem is, no one ever knew how to use a convection oven and advertisers decided to train them how, but rebranded the whole idea so consumers had to purchase a whole new appliance.

Its fucking nuts

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Is it possible to eat Lay's or Doritos with bean dip without leaving most of the chip in the bean dip? If I don't buy the thicker tortilla chips, they snap off constantly.

Also, whomever decided that "hot" bean dip is hot needs their taste buds re-examined. There is nothing even vaguely hot about it, and I'm not one of those "I eat scorpion peppers raw!!" people. I'd kill for a good hot bean dip. I can't even imagine how bland the non-hot must be; not sure I've ever even had it.

• 1Like