The Fast Food Thread

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Help me fats.

Admission. I don't think I've ever had pizza pockets that I can recall. On a whim wife got totino's. After the legend here,,,, underwhelmed, seem underfilled etc. Any good way to kick them out outside of dipping in some hot sauce? Wish I had some marinara.

Is there a proper brand to try in the future, actual hot pocket brand?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Help me fats.

Admission. I don't think I've ever had pizza pockets that I can recall. On a whim wife got totino's. After the legend here,,,, underwhelmed, seem underfilled etc. Any good way to kick them out outside of dipping in some hot sauce? Wish I had some marinara.

20210221_132115.jpg

EwrLCLv.gif

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Help me fats.

The only way to make them good is to have them served to you by your mother during childhood or possibly eat them as a teen who is feeding yourself for the first time. Without the nostalgia factor I think any adult who tried them for the first time would correctly find them to be disgusting.

• 3Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Help me fats.

cook in oven and don't use the instructions, i'd lower the heat and up the time slightly, depending on your oven, and the first time you cook em keep a god damn good eye on them and when they start to look close pull one out to test, keep doing this until they are done to your liking and mark the time/temp (then factor for you having opened the oven a few times for tests) to get your final cooking time/temp. It's different for everyone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The only way to make them good is to have them served to you by your mother during childhood or possibly eat them as a teen who is feeding yourself for the first time. Without the nostalgia factor I think any adult who tried them for the first time would correctly find them to be disgusting.
I agree but that makes me worry for poor Sludig. Not only did his mom not love him enough to get them early, she didn't even get them for him to try as a youth. She probably bought him celery and peanut butter and that's why he's the way he is.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree but that makes me worry for poor Sludig. Not only did his mom not love him enough to get them early, she didn't even get them for him to try as a youth. She probably bought him celery and peanut butter and that's why he's the way he is.
True, she was an awful cook ruining chicken for me for a very long time. They were the older type (in their late 60's now) that cooked everything to death and salt was maybe a bit spicy for them.

She also changed her mind every month based on what article she read. Things like eggs and orange juice changed 5 times each on whether it was good to eat or not.....

So generally, not a ton of frozen convenience food I got. Totino's pizza's I liked, but generally my gluttony was eating out at chinese etc. All my teenage money almost went into buffet/$1.50 a scoop chinese and 4 for $4 big macs during the summer. Or 5lb bags of peanut m&m's and mike and ikes..... and still stayed at 6ft 150lbs. I miss my metabolism. Now I fight to stay at 200.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Help me fats.

Pizza pockets are the LA Gears to Pizza Rolls Air Jordan’s.

• 2Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
For science I picked up some Crumbl cookies as well as a poptart for comparison.

poptart cookie.jpg

The cookie was delicious. It tasted just like a poptart but much thicker and with much more strawberry filling. It was more filling than all six of the poptarts.

• 4Quality Calories
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is exactly how I feel about hot pockets. I had some last week for the first time in... 20 years it felt like. Wasn't the same because it wasn't 1 A.M. in the middle of a Plane of Fear raid in EQ.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
i ONLY goto a grocery chain if it has boars head, i don't even buy deli meat much, but i know boars head is the best of the best...

this comes from when i worked at a korean deli in high school, while mrs kim is probably my first milf i've seen, she also said i could make any sandwich i wanted, EXCEPT using boars head meat.

free sammich is free sammich but when her son (my best friend) gave me a boars head pastrami... dear lord in heaven.
Yes Boars Head is top notch plus Publix as a grocery store is some of the best in the U.S. - The subs these fuckers make for the cost are goddamn amazing but that one I linked just stood out head and shoulders above the others. The spicyness sealed the fucking deal. I would recommend anyone who can snag one.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’m confused, are we talking about hot pockets or pizza rolls? Hot pockets are indeed fucking awful no matter how you cook them, but pizza rolls out of the oven is quality fatty food

• 4Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I have never been a pizza roll fan. I'd rather have bagel bites or the Stouffers French bread pizza. However Pizza Puffs above all. Those are a Chicago thing though.

• 1Seriously?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Then unfortunately I'm a super taster as the totino's sucked..... but.... I did bake them, is microwaving better being soft?
I actually prefer these to Totinos. I think the crust is better.

431182422603476e232b9a7fa60c33f8_large.png

• 2Like

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Anyone ever have real provolone cheese? Had some from an italian deli in Baltimore last year, omfg, I still think about that cheese. Any other provolone I've had was the typical American style which is nearly tasteless and to quote Uncle Roger on vegetables: "Taste like sad." American provolone is the fast food kind but not even. Real aged provolone is goddamn mana from heaven.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pizza rolls in ranch are one of my fav poop sock dinners, pepperoni so much better than combo.
Fucking bullshit you can’t get supreme (pink color) anymore. That’s easily my favorite ever but of course I’m fine with pepperoni. I put them in the air fryer these days.

• 1Quality Calories

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fucking bullshit you can’t get supreme (pink color) anymore. That’s easily my favorite ever but of course I’m fine with pepperoni. I put them in the air fryer these days.
I hear they are good in a convection oven too :trollface:

• 4Worf