The Fast Food Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
Back in my day, my highschool was across from Trader Joe's and when we went in it was like, 90% imports or clones of imports. We'd buy cheese from France and Orangina and shit like that. I haven't been there in probably 5+ years, but I guess they're just more of a regular upper-middle class grocery store now?

fresh

<Gold Donor>
Voodoo is disgusting. Their main location downtown has super cheap rooms above it that heroin addicts live in, and a couple years ago one of them died in there and after a couple days it started raining maggots on the tourists waiting in line. I used to work with their production manager who quit after the owner refused to close that day.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Voodoo is disgusting. Their main location downtown has super cheap rooms above it that heroin addicts live in, and a couple years ago one of them died in there and after a couple days it started raining maggots on the tourists waiting in line. I used to work with their production manager who quit after the owner refused to close that day.
Ya, I wasn't that impressed with them when I went. Even the maple bacon, but I swear I see a pink box on every single flight going in and out of Portland. Got popular, stayed popular.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Back in my day, my highschool was across from Trader Joe's and when we went in it was like, 90% imports or clones of imports. We'd buy cheese from France and Orangina and shit like that. I haven't been there in probably 5+ years, but I guess they're just more of a regular upper-middle class grocery store now?
It's basically the same except you can get french cheese and orangina at like 90% of grocery stores now.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, voodoo isn't the world's best donut, but six bucks for 40ish donuts, it's well worth it.

You forgot that the Paris theatre next to Voodoo downtown is just a jerk off theatre. I'll take heroin addicts over super pg tourist shit like times square is now.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You guys better fucking repent with that CiCi's statement, their Alfredo pizza is amazing. Especially for the price.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't even know if they sell gluten free rice crackers. It's not really that kind of place.

But you can get the seaweed chips and they are actually pretty good. Especially the wasabi ones.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
was watching an episode of drugs, inc the other day and it was in Portland. They actually showed the guy selling right next door. Didn't realize that episode was filmed in Portland till I saw that scene.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
was watching an episode of drugs, inc the other day and it was in Portland. They actually showed the guy selling right next door. Didn't realize that episode was filmed in Portland till I saw that scene.
Hah, Voodoo is an Oregon thing? I'd seen them on MvF but always mentally filed them under New Orleans for obvious reasons.... whoops.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Trader Joe's used to be the bomb-diggitty on prices 15 years ago, but they've managed to creep up in price as they continually open new stores. I go for the yoga pants, kalamata olive oil, and yoga pants, myself.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's always seemed to me that Trader Joe's has an inordinate amount of food recalls compared with other grocery stores. This is entirely based on my perception and I have no statistics to back it up.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Taco Bell to unleash the Quesalupa nationally

From the article:

The Quesalupa is a stoner?s dream: a buttery, flaky shell that has been stuffed with pepper jack cheese and is used to carry ?premium seasoned beef, crisp lettuce, real cheddar cheese, reduced fat sour cream, and ripe tomatoes? into your mouth. Yes, because when you are eating a rolled up cheese pastry taco God forbid they put in anything but low-fat sour cream on it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Chalupas are, I think, one of Taco Bell's 1-3 top items. This is very exciting. I love their faux Indian bread.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
McDonald's marketing team needs to die in a fire. I just watched a commercial where this dude sits in a chair and brags about loving tomatoes so much that he puts them in the punch bowl at the prom party. He then mentions the sirloin burger has tomatoes.