The Fast Food Thread

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I hated BK fries for a long time. I remember we tried them recently when they changed them, but they're still below McD.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I like their double whoppers with cheese. But yeah, their fries are sub par. I think Wendys fries, the new ones they have now, are some of the best.

Phalanx

Silver Knight of the Realm
I used to like BK fries a lot, then they changed them, but now are they the original again? The change I'm referring to was like 10 years ago and it was a big deal..

Me and my brother used to get fries at McDonald's, burgers at BK and spicy chicken sandwiches at Wendy's for dinner
frown.png
all in one trip
I'm with you. They changed from more McD's/shoestring fries to a slightly bigger cut but they had a nice buttery flavor and had a nice crispiness. I don't like their current fries and not sure why they switched, but I would guess it was business and not flavor related. The crinkle cuts they had for a while had no taste, too.

McDonald's is still my favorite.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
McD's fries are good if they are really fresh and salted well. After that, they instantly go to shit.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the important point here is that french fries are fucking delicious. Nothing beats homemade fries though.

I had truffle fries at the movies last night. Hnggggg.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
WHY ugh, people and their canned cream of mushroom soup casseroles. So fuckin nasty bro. I had a roommate who used to make something like that with mac and cheese, cream of mushroom soup, peas, and tuna. The worst. THE WORST.
Dude, Tuna Casserole is GREAT. I fuckin LOVE that shit.

Egg noodles, tuna, some velveeta cheese, maybe throw some peas in, a can of Cream of Chicken soup(I don't like mushrooms) and crumble up some potato chips on top, bake it for half an hour and it comes out as something like the god of Mac&Cheese-related foods. So goddamn ghetto but it tastes amazing

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dude, Tuna Casserole is GREAT. I fuckin LOVE that shit.

Egg noodles, tuna, some velveeta cheese, maybe throw some peas in, a can of Cream of Chicken soup(I don't like mushrooms) and crumble up some potato chips on top, bake it for half an hour and it comes out as something like the god of Mac&Cheese-related foods. So goddamn ghetto but it tastes amazing
No fucking way. GROSS! lol..

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'd eat it. This ain't the thread I figured for picky people. I'd probably just use normal cheddar and bread crumbs over velveeta and potato chips though. That sounds gratuitously ghetto.

MFebXl4.gif

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
No fucking way. GROSS! lol..
What the fuck is this ghetto ass shit. My mother would clip me around the ears for eating something like that.

Here's her recipe. We used to have this when we were dirt poor, and it tastes amazing.

Tuna Casserole:

Ingredients:

1 onion
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons of cornflour
1 Tbsp Mayonaise
1 Cup grated cheese
1 medium tin of tuna
1 cup pasta (uncooked)
1 medium bunch broccoli
1 lemon

Method:

Put your water for the pasta on to boil so it can be heating up while you get the rest done. Put your oil into the frying pan and cook your onion. You don't want to brown the onion otherwise it looks weird in your creamy sauce - you just want to cook it until it goes transparent. Put your cornflour into a cup or dish and mix it to a runny paste with some of the milk. Put the rest of the milk in with the onions and heat it until it is just starting to bubble then put your cornflour mix in and stir until it starts to thicken and go creamy. As soon as it's thickened add your mayonnaise and your cheese and stir it all up until the cheese is melted. Then take it off the heat and put it aside while you cook your pasta. Check your pot of water for the pasta. When it's boiling add your pasta and cook until it's just about done - then add your broccoli and cook the both together until they're both done. Drain them and then add the tuna, the pasta and the broccoli to the cheese sauce. Mix gently but well, heat through and serve. Cut the lemon into wedges and serve on the side so everyone can do a squeeze of lemon before they eat it.

Things you can add:

? Pepper
? Lemon juice (just be careful with this as too much can cause the milk to curdle)

Things to watch for:

? Don't have your heat too high when you're heating your milk and adding the cornflour otherwise it will 'catch' on the bottom and burn.
? If the milk doesn't thicken enough then you just need to mix some more cornflour up with some milk (or water) and add that. Don't just add cornflour straight to the sauce otherwise it will make lumps that you can never get out.
? If the sauce thickens too much just add some more milk (or water).
? Don't overcook your broccoli or it will just be a mush in the sauce.
? Don't add your tuna to the sauce until just before you serve it or the sauce loses its cheesey taste and just tastes like tuna.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is the Fast Food thread. Not the How I Cook Like Your Mother thread. The ghetto version is in the oven while you're still sauteing the onion.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
This is the Fast Food thread. Not the How I Cook Like Your Mother thread. The ghetto version is in the oven while you're still sauteing the onion.
That barely qualifies as food, I wouldn't even feed that to my dog. We're discussing take out, bought food here. Not food that cooks fast.

The line must be drawn against bad food, Soygen.

THE-LINE-MUST.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
We should rename this thread to Freedom Food Thread to put this aussiejap shitlord in his place. FREEDOM!

This is terrible. I am aware of that.
T5O4TBq.gif