The Fast Food Thread

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Blue Star donuts up here in the Northwest have pretty good donuts but at $3-4 a piece it's not the same. Took a dozen home to the wife and it was $45. It's like the pizza discussion. It wasn't triple the price better than a grocery store or dunkin.

All donuts taste the same.
Blue star was just overpriced yuppie donuts, same as Doe and voodoo is terrible.

The best donuts were from the spot on MLK and Burnside.

Got drunk at a BBQ yesterday and went home and housed a whole pizza. True quality calories.

• 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oof dude. Peanut butter is not meant to be drank
Peanut butter smoothies and milkshakes disagree

Unfortunately these weren't good. Ironically the PB was the good part. The chocolate tasted like it was dark chocolate - some like it; I don't; but worse, it doesn't taste like Yoo-hoo, it doesn't have the characteristic smoothness

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Blue Star donuts up here in the Northwest have pretty good donuts but at $3-4 a piece it's not the same. Took a dozen home to the wife and it was $45. It's like the pizza discussion. It wasn't triple the price better than a grocery store or dunkin.

All donuts taste the same.
1590f0981a7d8dffdaa7ab3018c93801.png

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Darigold Old Fashioned master race.

On the donut derail, there's a local place here that cooks them fresh. But they suck, I refuse to got here anymore. Every few months I would convince myself I needed some fresh donuts for the fam, and every time everyone was more excited about the idea of the donut and not the actual donut. The last time was the last straw, we didn't even eat 4 of the dozen.

I used to get some at Costco that a bakery a state over made that were amazing, but Costco stopped stocking them.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm not a big donut guy, but if you don't think these are the best donuts, I will fight you.

photo0jpg.jpg

Those are great and they aren't even the best ones they serve. They have those same donuts but filled with apple pie filling. They are amazing. I am also a huge fan of their seasonal apple/raspberry filled donuts.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

9.5/10

The sour cream does not override the onion. No chemical vinegary taste.

Best Sour Cream and Onion on the market period....

• 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Best donut ever. Back in the late 80s I worked at Taco Bell that was right next to a Winchell's Donuts, and we'd late-night trade tacos for fresh out of the fryer donuts. I miss those days.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m eating Nutella on my toast while reading this thread.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I just ate an awesome Publix sub and got some Cape Cod kettle chips on BOGO.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just killed an entire bag of synder's honey mustard & onion.

No regrets.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Old Fashioned had the best apple fritters of all time. Haven’t been there in forever. Roseland is decidedly not white person territory.

i love apple fritters. the only thing better is a cherry fritter. but finding a place that does them is rare.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i love apple fritters. the only thing better is a cherry fritter. but finding a place that does them is rare.

I pretty much love anything cherry. While passing through MI we got donuts at this place that made the most amazing sour cherry fritters. I have yet to see another cherry fritter anywhere.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought Nacho Fries last night for the first time, and they were really good. It's too bad they give you so little of them.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I pretty much love anything cherry. While passing through MI we got donuts at this place that made the most amazing sour cherry fritters. I have yet to see another cherry fritter anywhere.

yup, i'm in MI :) my local bakery only makes fake cherry fritters tho, no actual cherries just dough and cherry extract flavoring.

• 2Like